PDA

View Full Version : Squat Parties

MARKEG
12-08-2003, 10:36 PM
How may of you have been to some of the London Techno Squat Parties? And what do you think of them? Personally I've come across some of the nicest ppl I've ever met through via the Squat Party Scene :)

Col
12-08-2003, 11:30 PM
fu*king ell! mark slow down your on fire! i guess you've taken corbzys threat to your posting crown to heart!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: only kiddin :wink:

djfase
12-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Yeah ive been to a few cracking squat parties but none in london. Always seem to be nice ppl

John Vella
13-08-2003, 02:12 AM
I almost went to one when I was in England that time!!

Chris Liberator was gonna take me to one but my flight was leaving right before.... :(

I was so upset!!!!

-jOHNNY

anx
13-08-2003, 02:41 AM
i wanna go so bad. we throw squats out here in calgary, out doors, free, illegal and all really hard techno. im sure they are way different than the london ones, but we try to do it our way

The Divide
13-08-2003, 03:58 AM
They arnt just down south ya know.

Plenty of info on this page....

http://www.squatjuice.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

:wink:

Now shushh.

ripped
13-08-2003, 09:57 AM
I've only been to London once. around late 99/00. It was supposed to be a piss up weekend with my (nerd)working colleagues. On the 1st day there, I met a weird 'n nice lookin chick. I had just started listening to techno so I asked her if she knew of any good parties. she replied, hell yeah. there's this squat party tonight but I have to find out where. but she'd only go if I came with. so to the disgust of my colleagues I went to her appartment and left them to go their own way. after a few tel. calls she said we're going to the old post building in Kingston.

paid 2 quid to get in and it was an experience that I'll never forget..

4 floors of different music, cheap drinks and alternative forms of stuff. I was really getting into the hard sound and having a blast til this chick doesn't show up for a while. so I went lookin for her and found just before a guy tried to take her outside to do fun things to her. I asked wtf she was doin and she didn't know what day it was. she had taken alot of Sp. K. and was totally off her head. every 10 minutes another guy would hit on her and she didn't give a **** so I had to get em off her. 4 hours of the same shit, til she finally came around. a wonder that none of those guys attacked me, since she was willing to kiss them and that..

apart from that chicks stupid overdose, the people were really easy going and everyone kept to themselves. no fights or big arguements. another reason not to judge a book by its cover..

Francisco Scaramanga
13-08-2003, 12:50 PM
I would love to check out a proper squat party. The only one I have been to was in Sheffield, and we arrived in the morning when there were only a few weirdos left hanging out around a fire. I've always wanted to make it to a proper big banging one though. There aren't any squats round here, just lots of big empty fields. Of course they are great as well, as much as I would love to go to a squat party, I'd never swap squat parties for outdoor raves in the middle of nowhere. Theres nothing like getting battered and wandering off into the woods or climbing a tree or something.

Small Paul
13-08-2003, 01:09 PM
London squat parties are wikkid, the music is usually blindin' and the people are sound. Some of the funniest people I've met have been at squat parties, not just in London but all over the place. I generally much prefer squat parties to clubs, IMO there's something about the atmosphere.

Chazbloke
13-08-2003, 01:50 PM
squat parties are like a second home :) not been much this year tho...all where i was first introduced partying...cant say i've been to any legal events that are better then any of the squat parties i've been to (that incs the free parties out in the country side...)
ppl just seem alot more real and not soo knobish at squat parties...same with free partying (although that's bein invaded by beer boys now...)
music is always much much better, dirtier rawer & harder i find :)
and have been to some of the most amazing venues, party goes on for longer as well!
given a choice between going to a squat/free party or a legal club, squat wins everytime for me.

Bughead
13-08-2003, 02:01 PM
I've only been to one in London ( that infamous place in Camden ) but been to loads in Holland and Berlin which are just6 off the scale and go for days....

spiralx
13-08-2003, 02:39 PM
I was at the Camden one as well :)

I go out to London squat parties semi-regularly... sometimes a couple of weeks in a row, sometimes not for a few months. Depends on how much I'm craving techno really ;) There are some pretty dodgy parties around and about, especially with the amount of crackheads and rudeboys around the drum and bass rigs but the techno ones are almost always excellent - cracking music and lots of people up for leaping around and going nuts.

Best one I've been to recently was Carpenter's Lane after the Cannabis March - I think Henry was playing there, Jerome certainly was. Lovely people and top tunes. Just a pity that when we went down there a few weeks later we almost got mugged :roll:

Bughead
13-08-2003, 02:48 PM
That was always the problem with the Dutch ones, all the underbelly of society turned up demented and trying to cause sh*t, was at one in Utrecht where there was a huge amount of k and then guns were produced and loads and loads of banging hardcore... mental...

spiralx
13-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Heheh yeah you do need to be on the ball at most squat parties, especially the bigger ones with lots of rigs. And when a venue is putting on parties week after week they invariably start attracting more and more wankers unfortunately.

There's an art to picking which party to go to... you need to know what the various systems are and so on. If I'm around in London my first choice is generally Malfaiteurs as their parties are generally well-behaved and they have some top DJs.

ampassasinbirmingham
13-08-2003, 03:00 PM
spiral do you know dj staw??

how chilling is that frech dude and his bird miss daisy is also duch a nice person.

does ure g/friend live in bham spiral?? u coming down on 5th december for the ba party??

Esox Lucius
13-08-2003, 03:03 PM
duch a nice person is she billy :lol:

spiralx
13-08-2003, 11:28 PM
spiral do you know dj staw??
Chatted to him a couple of times at Malfaiteurs parties yeah.

how chilling is that frech dude and his bird miss daisy is also duch a nice person.
They're a nice crew... willing to step in and sort problems out which is unfortunately rare nowadays at parties...

does ure g/friend live in bham spiral?? u coming down on 5th december for the ba party??
She's at university there, so it's almost 100% certain I'll be there :D

The Divide
14-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Bahahahaha

spiralx your avatars great.

I hope that cat wasnt injured in the making of it....

Then again if it was, its worth it!!

****in ell, its making me dizzy :shock: :shock: :shock:

278d7e64a374de26f==