PDA

View Full Version : can anyone ID these tune for me please?

Dave Elyzium
12-08-2003, 10:45 PM
top tne from a chris liebing mix cd....

http://elyzium.port5.com/techno_id.wav 700kb <<<<[/url]

Sunil
12-08-2003, 11:29 PM
top tne from a chris liebing mix cd....

http://elyzium.port5.com/techno_id.wav 700kb <<<<[/url]

ha ha, this is the 2nd time i've id'd this track here!

DK8-Murder was the bass.

Dave Elyzium
13-08-2003, 01:24 AM
thanks alot mate :)

Sunil
16-08-2003, 12:59 AM
thanks alot mate :)

cool. it's been defo been a popular one alright! and rightly so

daviec
16-08-2003, 02:47 AM
:lol:

Aye, that's the one I wanted ID'd from the same mix not long back. :)

saaam
16-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Tune

Dave Elyzium
16-08-2003, 01:01 PM
reminds me of a tune I had back a couple a years on HAZCHEM

actually not really...actually not at al..shut up tosser

Si the Sigh
18-08-2003, 12:03 PM
ha ha! :lol: Yea that tune is DK8, Murder was the Bass...Quality tune! :mrgreen:

tioneb
18-08-2003, 12:08 PM
i guess as it come from liebing set the id is the remix version with the big bassdrum

beleive me or not, but the other side (more in the electro sound) totally blows up the floors when you play it... each time i heard somebody (or me) playing it, the floor became mad and the trainspotters ran to the dj to ask the title.

Angrymann
18-08-2003, 01:58 PM
It also sounds like First Bass - Slam me Down on Novamute

Sunil
18-08-2003, 03:57 PM
It also sounds like First Bass - Slam me Down on Novamute

Just in case you didn't know, First Bass is Luke Slater.

Sunil
18-08-2003, 03:58 PM
i guess as it come from liebing set the id is the remix version with the big bassdrum

beleive me or not, but the other side (more in the electro sound) totally blows up the floors when you play it... each time i heard somebody (or me) playing it, the floor became mad and the trainspotters ran to the dj to ask the title.

Yeah the flip is really nice, shades of LFO "LFO" in there...

Angrymann
18-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Sunil - You learn something new every day. I didn't know that , cheers for the information. Knowledge is power after all.

:D :wink:

Methodixxx
19-08-2003, 01:23 AM
This track does indeed cause quite a stir... it stirs their insides with that massive bass is what it does!

"Shaaaaaaaaaammooooown"

Sunil
19-08-2003, 01:50 AM
Sunil - You learn something new every day. I didn't know that , cheers for the information. Knowledge is power after all.

:D :wink:

Cool. Yeah I think the press release at the time had the artist down as some new hot shot from Holland named Jan Van Jannsen to make people think it was someone else. It was one of the last really good things Slater did along with the Coad Warrior series as Planetary Assault Systems..

Angrymann
19-08-2003, 11:42 AM
You mean before the srange haircut and full band ,complete with housey vocals etc.

It's not my bag but I think it also shows he has a lot of talent caues he can turn his hand to the housier more chartable end of things. Some may see this as selling out , but it could just be he got bored with doing the same thing.

I don't like his new stuff though , very similar to the kind of bollocks Slam put out these days.

Sunil
19-08-2003, 12:11 PM
You mean before the srange haircut and full band ,complete with housey vocals etc.

It's not my bag but I think it also shows he has a lot of talent caues he can turn his hand to the housier more chartable end of things. Some may see this as selling out , but it could just be he got bored with doing the same thing.

I don't like his new stuff though , very similar to the kind of bollocks Slam put out these days.

Well you are right, he did get bored of making techno. The fact he doesn't really release techno anymore is a shame, and the electro pop album he brought out wasn't exactly pleasing to many of his fans!

I spoke to him last year when he said Plannetary Assault Systems was finished although someone I know recently said that he's gonna start releasing under that guise again so maybe not...

278d7e64a374de26f==