PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing 2 give webspace for samples etc.? Sry 4 delay

loopdon
17-01-2006, 09:58 AM
As allready suggested in the 'Perfect kick' : who is willing to give some webspace for samples etc. ? so we could put up a decent
ressource for copyright free oneshot samples of percussion/instruments (kicks/snares/hats etc.) and loops.

//Update: Plus production Tutorials, Mixing and mastering pdfs and Midi-files (tons).

A place to share collab stuff...

What do you lot think of this? How to organize folder structure? And who is up to it?

Chazbloke
17-01-2006, 03:15 PM
check pm... ;)

loopdon
17-01-2006, 03:53 PM
pm checked... ;)

EmotionComplex
17-01-2006, 11:17 PM
sounds like a good idea, i cant give much but ive got about 100mb space left.

it should hold a decent amount of samples.

just email anything to me you want hosting @ emotioncomplex@hotmail.com

and ill send you back the url as soon as its on

Jay Pace
18-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Ive got a fair bit free. About 2 gigs all together I think, and plenty of bandwidth.

Happy to host, send me details.

loopdon
18-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I am very happy that this idea is being accepted. I have pm'ed chazbloke already and will contact both emotion complex and jay pace asap. I have a microsoft exam to take on friday and am in a very hefty cramming phase for that atm but we will definitely get something going. Thanks to all contributers.

What is needed most in the sample domain?? I thought of stuff like oneshots of percs and instruments (mainly bass) and general loops, say hihats and rides etc. In addition to that i have a helluva lot of sample packs from dogs on acid (jungly stuff) and a +200 meg percussion archive from there as well.

So again, what is the most important in your opinion??

:techno:

Jay Pace
18-01-2006, 02:26 PM
I have roland, boss, yamaha and novation analogue drum machine samples up permanently.

I would like more atmospherics, real life sounds, recorded percussion and recorded cymbals especially.
Not big on loops personally, but they can be good for inspiration.

loopdon
18-01-2006, 03:28 PM
i guess this download (118 mb) would make a neat addition to the ftp, jay, as you said you were looking for recorded cymbals:

http://www.producer-network.de/download/drums-cymbals.zip

"Crashs, Rides, Hats, Open Hats, Tingle etc."

loopdon
18-01-2006, 03:30 PM
+ i have about 300 megs of pads + another 50 mb of ambience sounds... i shall have a look ;)

loopdon
18-01-2006, 03:32 PM
regarding loops: i meant the most general ones, so nothing to recognizable/ bog standard hihat-loops etc.

Jay Pace
18-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Legend.

I am happy to host all this stuff.
Together with DB's fortcoming guide (nice one fella) we'll have a nice little production pack for everyone.

Also - just a suggestion - how about rating some of the VST plugins?
I've had a scan through them but there's an intimidating quantity. Be great to hear some user reports...

This is a really good initiative!

loopdon
18-01-2006, 07:20 PM
when i find the time i will do some rating!

or maybe something like the 1-5 best free plugins (imho) in every category, such as compressors/filters/etc.

we could do a poll as well...

i know the list is a little intimidating, the thing is to to have a look trough it aand then just have a look whenever i post new stuff, so you keep updated. Maybe i could organize the stuff in subcategories as well?? We'll see!!! Let's first concentrate on the server(s) :cheese:

what would you like vst or vst(i) wise, maybe i can help you out jay!
i know quite a few :lol:

piginabush
19-01-2006, 01:30 AM
As you already seem to have hosting sorted, I would be happy to contibute some samples and VSTs I have collected.....

loopdon
20-01-2006, 12:20 AM
@piginabush:

that's cool, we'll work it out as soon as i have bit of time on my hands. got to take a microsoft exam tomorrow :mad:

i will contact all of you via pm when time provides :)

acidsaturation
20-01-2006, 01:21 PM
I got a few bits and bobs - some atmospheric stuff that I've done with convolution and some wierd ambient sounds.

Also got a few bits and bobs of vocal samples from war demos and shite like that. Also quite a bit of distorted guitar noises and loops that I'be busy working through and chopping into bits (or just could post the lot and peeps can chop them themselves as they wish.)

If anyone can host them drop us a pm and I'll sort out getting them to you - may have send them on a CD 'cos I only got dialup at the mo.

loopdon
10-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Sorry to everyone freely offering space etc. I was just so busy during the last months preparing for my Microsoft exams (MCSA; finally passed! thank god).

So, i would like to re-ask who is willing to share some space.

I really want to get this going.

And again thanks to everyone offering their help in this effort to spice up the forums!

gx,

Martin

findthesolution
10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
I have 42.85 gigs of samples...im certain some of them can be shared.

DotMatrix
12-03-2006, 12:39 AM
This is an awesome idea guy's I'm looking forward to this with anticipation.

Basil Rush
13-03-2006, 01:47 PM
I've got about 100 gig of space but it's stuck on the end of a 256k line, so it isn't going to be pretty ... might be alright for archiving older stuff too though that people only want occasionally but if a few people tried the download everything trick it'd be all over!

278d7e64a374de26f==