PDA

View Full Version : [techno] Id - Ascendancy

danielmarshall
17-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Here's about 2.5 minutes of my latest track.

It's only that long because I really can't think of what to do next. Any ideas/ critisism (about the track please!) would be very welcome.

Not too tough, but still quite dark. Somewhere between Pascal FEOS and Infusion.

Thanks,

Dan

danielmarshall
17-01-2006, 11:51 AM
A link would be good! Try:

http://users.tpg.com.au/edjenny/Daniel/Audio/Id_-_Ascendancy.mp3

Wish I knew how to edit posts.

Mindful
17-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Its quite good this Dan.
I like the synths and the groove in the later part of the track so far is cool.
Also production sounds pretty good to me(wont dare go in to this now cause my right ear is killing me from last nights abuse)
Not sure where you can take this to be honest mate, If it was me I think I would use the groove you have allready got moving and maintain intrest with the synths you have.
:)

rhythmtech
17-01-2006, 05:39 PM
this sounds quite good. i think the kick is a little big for this style, the stereo delays are all nice. synth bass is sounding lovely. as for direction - strip it back a little, and bring elements in slower which will give you the room you need to build around OR try doing a test live recording with just the mute buttons, play what feels right to you and make it a template for the finished version.

danielmarshall
18-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Reviews and suggestions are highly appreciated fellas. Rhythmtech, hearing you on the kick drum issue, I think it's filling too much space. Oh, Mindful, been meaning to ask you this for a while... What in great jumping Johosophat's name is going on with your avatar? I swear it looks like a Darth Vader helmet on wheels from here!

rhythmtech
18-01-2006, 05:35 PM
its dread

rhythmtech
18-01-2006, 05:35 PM
its one of the judges

dirty_bass
18-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Judge Death
"The Crime isssss life, the sentenccce issss DEATH"

Mindful
18-01-2006, 11:05 PM
haha thats what I was gonna say

dirty_bass
19-01-2006, 03:49 AM
cool tune here. Lots of space for the synths to swim around.
I agree that the kick isn`t right. It lacks any punch in my ears, there`s no solid thump to back it up.
The bongo`s that come in are a little lacking in size also, and could do with some compression to give em a bit more depth.
I thing there could be more swing to the groove of the main percussion as it is a little stiff, and maybe shakers rather than hats would also sort this kind of laid back funk a little more.

Love all the synths and stuff.

As of where to take it.
Think about what would normally come next in this type of tune, and do anything but that.
maybe a total change of melody and key, or strip it right back to the beat and a serious bassline.
I dunno, something unexpected.

stjohn
19-01-2006, 03:54 PM
As of where to take it.
Think about what would normally come next in this type of tune, and do anything but that.

ahaha... solid advice!!! like it!!

danielmarshall
21-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh how I wish FL Studio had that freeze feature found only in Logic for some mysterious reason. The manual way is so much effort comparitively. These sweltering Queensland summers mean I can't overclock my CPU much either. :(

Thanks dirtybass, that was exteremely helpful. Actually so far this whole site is extremly helpful. I think I like you guys :)

BloodStar
22-01-2006, 12:48 PM
like this one a lot. very nice programming and variations,, very funky..production is nice, just kick doesnt sits there well., i think. would like to hear finishjed track.

xfive
26-01-2006, 02:16 AM
Yeah this is sounding good. What dirty said was on-point.
Nice vibe overall. Def post up another version

278d7e64a374de26f==