PDA

View Full Version : Christian Vogel

basslinejunkie
17-01-2006, 01:25 PM
was thinkin the other day,dont think ive ever seen him on an english line-up,any1 know the story behind this? doesnt he like us english ****tards or does he just not get bookings over here?? id love to see him live.

Frank Dogshit
17-01-2006, 01:55 PM
on my list of must sees aswell.....shame he doesnt make it over to these shores.

Jay Pace
17-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Lives in Germany. English scene isn't up to much, why bother I suppose?

We've only just about managed to tempt Jamie Lidell to these shores. Hopefully he may follow...

Sunil
17-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Lives in Germany. English scene isn't up to much, why bother I suppose?

We've only just about managed to tempt Jamie Lidell to these shores. Hopefully he may follow...

Lidell has been a regular fixture in Ireland over the last few years, and they've played prior to that as Super Collider too.

I think Vogel may have played up north here recently maybe? I know someone who was going to book him for Dublin but the date didn't suit in the end. Wouldn't say he's against playing in the UK, maybe someone just needs to lay the cash on the table and get him over? I know he's probably not too cheap, but he'd be worth it, live or DJing.

Jay Pace
17-01-2006, 05:00 PM
When I last saw him at Sonar he was electrifying.

Mosquito still running in Brighton, always hoped he might put in a performance there... alas...

Traxx
17-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Played london not too long ago im sure.

basslinejunkie
17-01-2006, 05:18 PM

Mosquito still running in Brighton, always hoped he might put in a performance there... alas...

who,vogel or liddell?? were all seriously thinkin over going to sonar this year

Jay Pace
17-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Saw Vogel at Sonar a few years back. Blown away

Lidell was on last year, but it was completely the wrong environment and I was a little disappointed.

Sonar is ace.

gunjack
17-01-2006, 05:58 PM
um CV doesn't live in germany he is based in barcelona. anyway after all the shit i used to talk about this guy, hanging with him in tokyo and madrid changed my mind, he is one of the gooduns i reckon....

basslinejunkie
17-01-2006, 06:53 PM
sssswwwwweeeeeeeettttttttt

if hes based there,hopefully he'l be playing!!!

barry_fyasko
18-01-2006, 11:21 AM
that would be wicked, sonar is an amazing festival. the afterparty/anti-sonar goes on longer than the festival itself, and then theres the after-afterparty on the beach...
been last 3 years and it beats the hell out of any festival in britain

and its in spain

yeah :cool:

Jay Pace
18-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Anti-sonar was a bit weird last year, what with them digging up all the nice trees and grass.
Loved anti-sonar it the year before, but was a bit darked by a fight between two horrible looking crusties, which ended with one of them stabbing the other in the back, dropping him to the ground. Difficult to enjoy yourself knowing that someone may have just been murdered in front of you.

Beach parties were excellent though, Kompakt were outstanding last year.
So much love for Sonar, roll on summer...

crime
18-01-2006, 08:01 PM

Mosquito is a label, not a club night, and I would imagine he doesn't get bookings in the UK because nobody books him..

And for the record it's spelled "c.r.i.s.t.i.a.n.", no 'H', spanish spelling.. in fact if you look at his interview on his website, when asked which are his favorite and least favorite gigs, he replied his least favorite are the ones where they spell his name with an H... I know exactly what he means from when I have gigs myself where they spell my first name with a C or last name with a G, you end up asking yourself if they can't spell your name right, how into the music are they really? :eh:

does play really intereting music though ;)

Jay Pace
18-01-2006, 08:16 PM
I'd hoped he would put in a performance in brighton as he still has connections there.
No matter ;)

crime
18-01-2006, 09:02 PM
I'd hoped he would put in a performance in brighton as he still has connections there.
No matter ;)

I always got the impression since The box/Defunkt went years ago there's not really much going on there since, i.e. no techno night to play at, in fact for all the techno produced in brighton there isn't really any club these days that supports the sound.. you know. it's kind of 12 years since those guys first started, the whole thing as kind of fragmented somewhat, and a lot of the original people concerned are persuing different projects and sounds that bear no realtion to the original brighton sound which was kinda proto wonk (I hate that term if you didn't know already)
Although Toby and Neil have been pretty busy with stuff of late.....

Jay Pace
18-01-2006, 10:12 PM
I run a techno night in brighton. There are four regular techno nights, getting the likes of the drummer, ben sims, ruskin etc. Nothing big. There ain't the crowds anymore though tbh. Anyone who costs over £500 is a gamble, as you might not be able to coax enough people through the doors, or charge them enough money. This keeps the rotation down to more "affordable" types.

Berkovi lives there but never plays. Brighton is more about glitch and weird electronica these days.
Shame.
Still, I'm dead proud of my little night ;)

crime
19-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I run a techno night in brighton. There are four regular techno nights, getting the likes of the drummer, ben sims, ruskin etc. Nothing big. There ain't the crowds anymore though tbh. Anyone who costs over £500 is a gamble, as you might not be able to coax enough people through the doors, or charge them enough money. This keeps the rotation down to more "affordable" types.

Berkovi lives there but never plays. Brighton is more about glitch and weird electronica these days.
Shame.
Still, I'm dead proud of my little night ;)

Good that someone is doing something there and keepingthe vibe alive.. But Berkovi is in Oz now I think??

But yeah, techno nights in the UK in the past 5 years have generally been more about love than money, but it's a shame that some really good acts are priced out of the market..... I feel pretty spoiled living here..

ampassasinbirmingham
19-01-2006, 12:11 PM
crime. whats happening round ure parts between th 9th and the 13th of feb?

techno?
Galleries etc?

crime
19-01-2006, 01:02 PM

techno?
Galleries etc?

I'm not sure as I'm looking after Esther Ofei and Digital PrinceZZ at a gig out of town... I don't really venture too far out of Fredrichshain to be honest when I'm not playing out of town.. Tresor still do the im exile thing on a wenesday night @ maria, and there's quite a cool new club called Raumklang near me..

thing is there's just so much to see and do in berlin, just depends what angle you are looking for, myself, I think I just bagged a far too nice place to live, so when I'm here I'm just chilling at home really... yeah, chill is the operative word in this city, still gobsmacked at how laid back this place is....

rotten
21-01-2006, 09:01 PM

techno?
Galleries etc?

I'm not sure as I'm looking after Esther Ofei and Digital PrinceZZ at a gig out of town... I don't really venture too far out of Fredrichshain to be honest when I'm not playing out of town.. Tresor still do the im exile thing on a wenesday night @ maria, and there's quite a cool new club called Raumklang near me..

thing is there's just so much to see and do in berlin, just depends what angle you are looking for, myself, I think I just bagged a far too nice place to live, so when I'm here I'm just chilling at home really... yeah, chill is the operative word in this city, still gobsmacked at how laid back this place is....

you really love to live in berlin aye? though it's a bit too trendy there at the mo in my eyes.. ok, not esp friedrichshain but maybe the rest(except the turkish districts of course) ;) :)

278d7e64a374de26f==