PDA

View Full Version : D.A.V.E. the Drummer electro house set???????????

meganeura
17-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Hello guys, Has anyone checked out the new set on D.A.V.E´s webpage: electro house set. Just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think about it. HAve not listened to it myself, but i found it very strange.

Si the Sigh
17-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Why did you find it strange? I loved it. Was nice to hear something different from Henry, and hear what other styles he likes and listens to.

dan the acid man
17-01-2006, 03:47 PM
haha, no offence, but what did you expect it to be, a banging full on techno mix or something ?

i personally enjoyed it, it does you good to listen to lots of different styles of music, otherwise you end up getting too narrow minded

dan the acid man
17-01-2006, 03:50 PM
haha, i've just re-read your post again, you say..............i have not listened to it myself but i found it very strange..........................erm, how's that work then :scratch:

Si the Sigh
17-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Errr...I didn't read that properly either. Take a listne to the set mate. Theres nowt strange about it bar a lack of techno. :lol:

acidpisar
17-01-2006, 06:01 PM
i was really surprised when i first hear about it...but i think it is really good idea to do something different that normally people know he is doing...

i checked it in the day first time...and i didn't know what to think...

but now i know one thing:it is really good set to listen to at night...i'm lisening to it before i go to bed and i have to say it is working perfectly.

so the best thing you can do is to download it and lisen to it at 11pm and you will like it for sure :cheese:

FUSION
17-01-2006, 07:43 PM
its good to have more than one style as a dj, gives you more options I have to say i didnt the mix but thats just personal opinion, henry may not like the type of breaks I play but at the end of the versatility is the name of the game and its cool its been stuck up form downoload ;)

meganeura
17-01-2006, 09:21 PM
let me explain, found it kind of odd, thats all. I thought DAVE was all headbanging techno. Have not heard it yet so i dont really have an opinion. Will dowload later today and give it a listen. Was not aware the D.A.V.E was into other styles. But if its mixed by him it should be good

dan the acid man
17-01-2006, 09:26 PM
im sure most of us listen to more than one style of music, if not, then you should

rhythmtech
17-01-2006, 10:40 PM
yeah.. personally i'm not that much into this style, but having a diverse tadte in music is a very good thing. we need to check out other genres for inspiration. you cant be constantly taking your inspiration from other techno.

rhythmtech
17-01-2006, 10:41 PM
that wasn't aimed @ you meganeura. just a general comment in the discussion.

davethedrummer
17-01-2006, 10:59 PM
funny isn't it really
i'm 36 , i've played in punk bands , reggae bands , psycadelic squat bands .........
mixed all sorts of different types of music in my studio
including folk , rock , dub , ambient
but still some guys think all i ever listened to was hard techno.
mad really , i can't get my head round that at all.
i mean i'm a musician , but really i'm just a music lover ( like you all ) and i like all sorts.
i think i'd just be a really sad person if i only ever listened to techno.
in fact i wouldn't even say techno is my favourite music , it's just one of the many things i like.
it just so happens that people only know me for my techno stuff and nothing else.

so personally i'm going to try and move on from now on and take some chances because i think we all need a change and we need to stop bitching about how it used to be and wake up to what it possibly could be.
and no i don't mean i'm going to play electro house from now on , it's just time to explore music a bit and stop being so narrow , to take on some new influences and maybe shift things into a more positive position for the future.

so this mix was just that for me , just an experiment.
but putting it on the site confirmed a few things too , that most of you guys were into having a new experience too

all we have to do is throw our own musical snobbiness away and just listen to it for what it is.

sorry for being all blah de blah
but i'm glad some of you guys enjoyed it
a little mellow music sometimes works wonders on the head.

Athar
17-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Agree with that in 100%

If you feel something diffrent and you want to change something.. go and do it!

maybe some peeps will open their eyes for the other kind of music.

Henry, hope you new electro mix was an inpuls for peeps closing only in da techno world.

Privately im listening music all of kind.. from trash metal to ambient, from old school acid trance to hard techno and.. im pround with that.

good job :thumbsup:

rhythmtech
17-01-2006, 11:41 PM
anyone else ever listen to any northern soul?

dan the acid man
17-01-2006, 11:49 PM

im always listening to the verve album called a northern soul but thats about it :lol:

christian wagner
18-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah, listning to other styles is a good step forward. when i started uni i was just into dance - didnt really have much time for rock, but after being there 2 months, i got loads of different stuff from people who were in bands and stuff, so i went and got a few albums, and im glad i did, sometimes its nice to hear some variation from thump thump thump!

Jack johnson is amazin to listen to late at night!

lunatrick
18-01-2006, 12:24 AM

I haven't listened to that much of it, but would like to - what would be a good starting point?

ps. not hi-jacking thread, tried to download the dave's electro set - but it timed out I'll give it another go....before I lived in London I used to spin house, breaks, electro all sorts really as well as techno, now I don't get to play that much so have stopped buying the tunes, but variety is the spice of live isn't it? It kind of makes me laugh the thought of dave making his morning toast to a bit of hard liebing...I mean be serious.....

rhythmtech
18-01-2006, 12:57 AM
a good starting point would be "chuck wood - seven days is too long" of "edwin starr - 25 miles" but a bit on the commercial side of the sound but well stompin.

dubs
18-01-2006, 05:34 AM
Agreed.

If all I listened to was techno, it would do my head in very quickly. Music for me is about mood so mostly I listen to dub and dancehall(suits my disposition). But when i spin i usually want techno and acid and tech-house.

The best producers in my opinion have a big range like a good singer would.

meganeura
18-01-2006, 04:42 PM
well thanks for all your comments guys. Just wanted to know what you all thought. When it comes to electronic music i am very narrow minded. Maybe its time i start to explore other styles. And like i said before if its Henry behind the controls it must be good music no matter what kind of style it is.

imported_sicknote
19-01-2006, 09:28 AM
i like hungarian oompah bands.... :cheese:

i'll get me coat :oops:

jimmy west
19-01-2006, 10:54 AM
right on brother quality set wouldnt even call all of it electro house just a mish mash of electro messyness reminds me of a purist luke mc millian set but suppose that is what seperates the pioneers from the rest of us there not scared to break the mold

Si the Sigh
19-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Fu*k genres...good music is good music. :)

Spooney
20-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Fu*k genres...good music is good music. :)

Spot on mate...that applies to all music!! :)

cntrl
04-02-2006, 08:32 AM
I can't download this :( host not found and it kept timing out when i tried a few days ago.
Could somebody please put this on rapidshare or megaupload or something.
I'm a Big fan of electro

davethedrummer
04-02-2006, 12:17 PM
I can't download this :( host not found and it kept timing out when i tried a few days ago.
Could somebody please put this on rapidshare or megaupload or something.
I'm a Big fan of electro
sorry the server is down at the moment
it will be bck up fairly soon

cntrl
05-02-2006, 07:43 AM
cheers henry, i'll check back later in the week!

Xantis
09-02-2006, 12:10 PM
it is back up now, as I grabbed this tonight.

haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

Si the Sigh
09-02-2006, 12:18 PM
It's top notch... :)

Xantis
09-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I did skip through it and really liked what I was hearing. But I was half way through one of the BOA Radio shows so went back to that.

cntrl
17-02-2006, 09:24 AM
i really dig it, it's currently rocking my car. mouseville does the trick
thanks for sharing!

robin m
17-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Really liked this mix - brilliant stuff :cheese:

DjRAraujo
24-02-2006, 08:52 AM
hello guys
i quite like what henry did with the electro house mix

i am also playing sort of electro beats in my sets and didnt know that henry was also playing after i checked his website

i was happy about it because i thought that it wasnt just me...

anyway, nice one mate

see you soon

rafael araujo
www.djrafaelaraujo.com

DJMAYA
03-03-2006, 04:53 AM
Hey has anyone got a tracklisting for this mix yet??
theres one tune at 36mins in id love to know what it is:))

278d7e64a374de26f==