PDA

View Full Version : xfive - distillate / miniature disaster

xfive
17-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Well damn I definetly haven't posted in a while haha :cheese:
I've got two that I've been working on recently. Both sorta straddle the line between dancefloor and cerebral type stuff (in my mind at least).

Haven't worked on this one since before the holidays. There's some hi pitched sorta thing that needs to be eq'd out so don't mind that. It's just a lot more noticable in headphones than on the monitors so it wasn't apparent when I recorded.
http://iterativemusic.com/~chris/boa/xfive_-_distillate2.mp3

Started on this one over the weekend. Just some bones so far, as there are some synths I have not yet recorded that will be surrounding what's in there now, to take it further in another direction.
http://iterativemusic.com/~chris/boa/xfive_-_miniature_disaster5.mp3

Mindful
17-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Was thinking today that I hadnt heard any new music from you for ages.

DL now and will have a good listen tonight.

audioinjection
17-01-2006, 09:14 PM
skeezin it up!

nice stuff man, that bassline kills

Mindful
18-01-2006, 10:59 PM
wow
I love these mate.

First one,
great vibe in the initial groove(reminds me of brain disese for some reason)
Realy clean production and loving the first edit and the way these tom like perks are brought in
also realy like the complimentery percussion
then it finishes just as Im realy getting in to it.

Second one is even better again exelent clean production with lots of space.
Deep vibe and love the perk that sounds like a bitcrushed typrighter or whatever it is and this hat is real nice.
Plenty of bass and a real worrying feel to these synths.this strange noise is cool too(sounds like grains of dirt falling on paper or somthing)
For a second the vibe goes allmost nice with one of these synths.
Realy feeling the way it drops down in to this sort of ring mod filter and wow this horn/sax or snake charmer type pipe realy adds a great angle to the tune.
I would go mad on the kick in on a soundsystem in a club and probably storm the DJ box like some crazed fan boy trying to get you to marry my sister and shit.

I love em(incase you didnt notice)

BRADLEE
18-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I only grabbed the second One K, but it sounds really cool man. Well nice that will be when it's finished for sure.

xfive
19-01-2006, 02:03 AM
I would go mad on the kick in on a soundsystem in a club and probably storm the DJ box like some crazed fan boy trying to get you to marry my sister and shit.

hahahah

Is your sister hot ? :eyes:

:lol:

Cheers mates.. hopefully I'll have some proper time to work on them this weekend.

dirty_bass
19-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Well, I just love the first track.
Minimal techno without the cliche glitch pops and clicks.
Really deep stuff, lovely synths.
Fantastic use of sax sample, cool ambience.
I`m not sure about the hats, I`d maybe pair them up with something more electronic sounding, but other than that I love this.

2nd track again, love it, kinda sitting in the minimal/grime techno area.
I don`t dig the kick too much, it seems uncomfortable for some reason. I think maybe it`s too focused on the high/mid bass region, whereas I think something more defined with a good solid click would do better here.

Nice little riff played by the electro woodblocks.
All the shifting percussion is great too.
Cool stuff homes, breaking out and doing stuff very few people are, great to see more people round here pushing for new sounds and grooves.

BloodStar
22-01-2006, 12:42 PM
great stuff.

the first one is very atmosferic and moody. the progress in the track sounds interesting to me and same with sounds,. love how all fits together,. production is good i think,.would like to hear finished ttrack.

second one starts with nice bas.s. dont like the kick too much,but like the groove like how it is spread in the stereo field very nicely.. maybe something little more interesting in the background would be nice,.but just my taste. nice..

xfive
26-01-2006, 02:10 AM
Cheers guys. I'll be posting up some modified ones soon :toast:

MITA
28-01-2006, 01:01 PM
yeah,Destilateeee

i prefer that one better Chris. only thing that bothers me is that i can recognize the vocoder preset (is it orange voco?) .

that sax is great man.... nice tune

xfive
28-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Cheers, I will check into that patch thing.. I need to change the synths around anyways... these were sorta placeholders until I could put more time into them :)

stjohn
30-01-2006, 04:24 AM
both tunes are lovely man. stuff i love to play early mornin with a few spliffs!!!

lau
30-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Dowloaded the first one yesterday...!!!

Sounds really dope to me..!!! Started feeling it better and better after a couple of listens!!! Loved it when the sax comes in!!! Nice work... I had only about 3 mins.. dunno if thats coz of the crappy 0.1K4 Modem I was using or that its still unfinished.... If its neither one of those options.. I think it could go on a bit longer :cheese:

xfive
30-01-2006, 07:01 PM
haha thanks fellas, Lau - that's all I have so far... shouldn't need too much more work tho to be done ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==