PDA

View Full Version : Not Techno

Barely Human
17-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Ok, this isnt techno. I was experimenting with my production techniques and musical arrangement and came up with this. I wanted to put a vocal in there, and some lad im getting into producing loves hip hop, so i put the Dr. Dre vocal in.

Ive put it in here because i know a few people like to check my stuff and this is the most open minded forum.

Please let me know on the production of this track as it was one of the main reasons i made it.

Hope anyone likes,

http://www.thefaction.co.uk/audio/clubfactionresidents/iq/tracks/IQ%20vs%20Dr%20Dre%20-%20The%20next%20Episode.mp3

Mindful
17-01-2006, 08:52 PM
will check this at home tonight Al.

xfive
17-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Heh man I was listening to that snoop track earlier today hahaha
Very well executed man. Nice and big sounding.
Gonna have to peep it again on the monitors later.

danielmarshall
18-01-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm a'downloadin, at a whopping 2.4 kb/s too!

So far the sound is lovely and thick. I like the way you're side chaining the reverb on the bass as opposed to the bass itself. Great idea, I think I'll steal it! Background percussion is great.

OH... I just hit the chorus. Very very nice ideed. I see now where the piano riff was headed. Everything fits great, especially those strings. LOVE IT!

This reminds me allot of Thievery Corporation. WISH there was more music like this around. Probably is, but I don't know of much. Could you reccomend some artists similar to this sound? If this were for sale I'd buy the track for sure. I personally don't like gangsta vocals, and it spoils the song in my mind, but appart from that I can't spot a flaw.

Dan

Mindful
18-01-2006, 11:04 PM
This is dope
Realy well done
The piano and strings are realy nice as are the drums.
Makes me wanna go make sweet love to my missis in front of an open fire:)

Think ill go do that now

dirty_bass
20-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Production is nice.
I think maybe the main beat could be a bit brighter as it is just a little but dull (frequency wise)
But yeah, this is cool, you big poof :)
really nice piano
what did you use?

Stodgy
20-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Very cool sound, sweetly executed.
Credit for good use of the snoop sample, had the potential to go badly (cheesily) wrong but the whole track works together really well

Barely Human
21-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Production is nice.
I think maybe the main beat could be a bit brighter as it is just a little but dull (frequency wise)
But yeah, this is cool, you big poof :)
really nice piano
what did you use?

The piano is the one your get with fruity, FL Keys, with a few bit of jiggery pokery to make it stand out. ;)

Im glad people liked it,

Peace out homeboyz and all dat shit yall.... :lol:

j_s
22-01-2006, 01:49 AM
this is biggle, fo shizzle.
piano/strings me of changes - springsteen/tupac.
everything else sounds much bigger n industria-er.
interesting to hear what the track sounds like like minus vocals, at tghe moment they kinda define the track the track for me...

278d7e64a374de26f==