PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Ho & Jame's Ruskin 6 Deck Tour of England??

Davin
17-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Not too long ago a friend of mine told me he had read an article on an internet site that stated Oliver Ho & Jame's Ruskin were touring England with 6 turntable's and a whole lot of TRIBAL BANGIN' TECHNO!!!
I went on a hunt to see if this was true but found nothing on it!!!
Can anyone out there clarify this for me & if they did did anyone out there see them!!! Quite the spectacle I'd Imagine!! Davin :eyes:

The Overfiend
17-01-2006, 08:08 PM
First of all Ruskin is still the best dj I've seen live period.
Even still has the best set I've heard till this day with his Fuse set that if someone could repost part one and two I'd be eternally grateful.
But if this is true even I here on the other side of the world would like to know.

Davin
17-01-2006, 08:11 PM
I got a James Ruskin set @ Fuse!!It aint live it's a dj set and to be honest i found it quite bland but I agree his production is First Class and I would also be grateful if that was to get posted up!!!
:pray:

Conan
17-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeh its true alright check www.kinetic-am.com thats where I saw it first. Thats the management site for both those guys and it has all the promotional info you could need plus up coming info regarding releases etc. so it seems like a reputable source.

Then I cam across this post on an Irish clubbing forum

--------------------------------------------------

Together for the first time in Ireland...

JAMES RUSKIN Vs. OLIVER HO (6 decks & More)
Sunil Sharpe (Spindizzy)
Rob Moore (Junction)

Bar:

Peter Breen (Musiklab/Middleware)
Colin McKeown (Middleware)
Brian Cairns (Middleware)

Warren Daly on Visuals (Invisible Agent)

April 16th (Easter Sunday)
TBMC
E20
Doors @11
-------------------------------------------------------

So its true alright, roll on Easter Sunday. Sunil must be looking forward to this one.

PS. There is no need for the apostrophe in James my good friend. :dance:

Sunil
17-01-2006, 09:17 PM
So its true alright, roll on Easter Sunday. Sunil must be looking forward to this one.

Defo. Both Ho and Ruskin on their own are great, and I doubt they'd do this type of thing half hearted either.

Should be a good night for sure, I'd say there'll be a lot of people out to see this one...

The Overfiend
18-01-2006, 04:18 AM
I would kill for this set to be recorded.
Seriously.

Francisco Scaramanga
18-01-2006, 09:39 AM
generally if someone told me X djs were playing on 6 decks I would probably be a bit skeptical, thinking to myself, do they really need 6 decks, will they use them all, and will it be tasteful or will it be mixing loads of loops just for the sake of doing 6 decks.

But coming from these two I just know it'll be quality. They are definately amongst my favourite DJ's, probably the best Britain has to offer, and Oliver Ho in particular I cant get enough of, because I love his DJ'ing, but think his production is REALLY something special. I hope they swing through brum, although based on recent lack of anything good I guess I'll have to travel a bit farther to catch it.

ampassasinbirmingham
18-01-2006, 02:10 PM
shit the bed. this will be amazing. as said above. both oli and james wont do this half heartedly. they wouldnt do it at all if it sounded shit. it will sound blinding.

koma
18-01-2006, 03:12 PM
if you want something amazing, check this party in Slovenia.. and its on my birthday hehe

Tekknopolis: NIGHTSHIFT II – SIX DECKS THEATRE
Hala Golovec, Celje

Start: 22:00
End: 08:00

:: SIX DECKS TECHNO ::
OLIVER HO vs JAMES RUSKIN
(meta) London, UK, (blueprint) London, UK
BAM BAM vs PAUL LANGLEY
(bassheavy) Chicago, USA, (jackstar) London, UK
SPACE DJz aka JAMIE BISSMIRE vs BEN LONG
(ground) London, UK, (potential) London, UK
SVEN WITTEKIND vs ROBERT NATUS
(inflicted) Frankfurt, GER, (bitshift) Hamburg, GER
IAN F vs CHIKO

:: HOUSE THEATRE ::
MARSHALL JEFFERSON
(soap, EMI music) Chicago, USA
TERRY LEE BROWN jr.
(plastic city, terrys caffe) Frankfurt, GER
SEQUAN – live PA!
BRLEE
VERGI D'ANGELO

EXTRAS:
LASER SHOW
VIDEO ANIMATIONS by I/O SUBSYSTEM
GO GO & STRIPTEASE DANCERS

Press & info:
www.tekknopolis.com

looooveeeelyy isnt it :eyes: :cheese:

marginmaster
18-01-2006, 06:12 PM
wow awesome line up :devilish:

Stella Boy
18-01-2006, 06:18 PM
generally if someone told me X djs were playing on 6 decks I would probably be a bit skeptical, thinking to myself, do they really need 6 decks, will they use them all, and will it be tasteful or will it be mixing loads of loops just for the sake of doing 6 decks.

I've seen 2 sets with 6 decks - one was Carola & Beyer and the other was the Roku thing with Sims & Broom and all 6 decks were used to their full potential.

The problem was, I tended to just watch the skills on display and got and completely forgot to dance :oops:

Conan
18-01-2006, 06:48 PM
That it some ****n techno party alright. If they had one of them in ireland i'd be swinging out of the trees like tarzan.

stjohn
18-01-2006, 07:28 PM

Sunil Sharpe (Spindizzy)
Rob Moore (Junction)

ye fukin dancer!!!! it'll be a shame if this doesnt get recorded!!!

Davin
18-01-2006, 11:03 PM
[quote="Conan"]Yeh its true alright check www.kinetic-am.com thats where I saw it first. Thats the management site for both those guys and it has all the promotional info you could need plus up coming info regarding releases etc. so it seems like a reputable source.

Then I cam across this post on an Irish clubbing forum

--------------------------------------------------

Sunil Sharpe (Spindizzy)
Rob Moore (Junction)

Quite Literally music to my ear's!!!!! & what were the ****in' chances of that after posting it up!!!!!!! :eyes:

sputnik242
18-01-2006, 11:22 PM
I've seen 2 sets with 6 decks - one was Carola & Beyer and the other was the Roku thing with Sims & Broom and all 6 decks were used to their full potential.

Don't forget that Roku had 2 CD players as well as 6 decks when they played t'Orbit ;)

And it was a great night (missed the Carola/Beyer night :roll: )

g
19-01-2006, 02:48 AM
carola & beyer did something like this at a DEMF '02 after party. too much tribally bang bang shiz but still off the hook.

davethedrummer
20-01-2006, 08:27 PM
saw ruskin and ho at antiworld early last year
they were great but the sound held them back
terrible room ,
anyway, they did their jobs well

Traxx
25-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Would travel uk wise to see this.

vinvanman
25-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Something great to look forward to now ! :eyes: