PDA

View Full Version : vst folder missing

tracatak
18-01-2006, 01:06 AM
i have a small problem..i put my cpu online (aol) for only 1 min to upload a track i recently made..(yousendit.com) and afterwards it couldn't locate any of my vsts...as if they were moved or erased ..this ever happen to any1...i mean it seems like all of them were moved/deleted,,any1 got any tricks to try to find them...i lookd in recycle bin already...nada...am I ....S.O.L. :eh:

EmotionComplex
18-01-2006, 02:55 AM
sounds very strange, theres a possibility that youve got a virus and its started eating at stuff in that folder, thus changing the file which then makes it unrecognisable.

hopefully it isnt that, and if it is youd be very unlucky but i remember getting a virus a couple of years back, a worm that eat right through files really quickly and left them corrupt and unreadable by there target programmes.

so its a possibility if your not running a firewall and/or good anti virus software.
Most of the files that had become corrupt were recoverable as norton just extracted the rogue code it knew to look for in them and left the original file how it was before so if that is the case then you might be able to get em back.

if it isnt that then i have no idea whats happened

nervous systems
19-01-2006, 11:45 AM
if they have been accidenlty deleted. r-studio ntfs should get them back. ive just recovered 250gb of data that was corrupted.

TechMouse
19-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Is it possible they might have been accidentally flagged as hidden?

Tools --> Folder Options --> "View" tab --> Show Hidden Files & Folders

tracatak
25-01-2006, 11:09 PM
well i tried that and didnt work...so i guess they are not hidden...woder if they got moved somehow..is there a way to search the whole cpu...

278d7e64a374de26f==