PDA

View Full Version : Instalation not happening in XP help please

etnarama
18-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Well after this last virus from the end of the year(be careful they are still around) my pc got infected, it was very slow and i couldn't do some simple things like writing my F******G assignment due in friday...
well my antivirus stopped working, even if i tryed to delete and install new ones, it would give error, it reached a point that if i pressed delete instead of deleting it would try to install something..... i always done cancel to those instalations. I couldnt do any updates of the windows and antivirus and checked the windows site and says that there was a virus targeting users trough a hole in the visualisation of sound and images......
The thing is, i have formatted the hard drive and when i try to install a new version (original xp pro) it says there are some missing files, extremely weird because i have installed with the same cd many times, i dont know what to do....
Thank you

HELP

TechMouse
18-01-2006, 01:48 PM
The thing is, i have formatted the hard drive and when i try to install a new version (original xp pro) it says there are some missing files, extremely weird because i have installed with the same cd many times, i dont know what to do....
Thank you

HELP
Run a memory checker.

I had this problem recently when I got some duff memory.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Download and burn the ISO image to a CD, and then boot from it.

etnarama
19-01-2006, 11:36 AM
thankx i'll take a look...........................

278d7e64a374de26f==