PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Step up to the plate - Shameless club techno

dirty_bass
20-01-2006, 10:39 AM
does what it says on the tin really, a big uplifting bit of banging cheese.
Bass might be a bit over the top though.

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20Step%20up%20to%20the%20plate%20(master).mp3

log:one
20-01-2006, 11:03 AM
best thing youve ever done... why dont you just make this stuff all the time???

hhahahahahaahaha :cheese:

this does totally rock though.

although as it was one of yours i found it lacking slightly in nihilistic rage and claustrophobia :lol:

so you'll be sending this to intec then yeah?

Miromiric
20-01-2006, 12:10 PM
lol faggot

Miromiric
20-01-2006, 12:12 PM
i m shakiong my big fat hips hands in the air shades on my eyes.-...

dirty_bass
20-01-2006, 01:08 PM
i m shakiong my big fat hips hands in the air shades on my eyes.-...

Me too, I`ve even nailed a pony tail I cut off some italian guy onto the back of my head.

Swave.

xfive
20-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I smell the gorgonzola from here!

BRADLEE
20-01-2006, 05:08 PM
You know, I'd actually play the shit out of that Steve. That sort of stuff is well rocking the crowds right now down here man. Maybe clubby and shamless as you put it, but a good tune. I'd like the purchase it if it becomes available soon.

xfive
20-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Very nicely executed gorgonzola.

rhythmtech
20-01-2006, 05:28 PM
a question.

your productions always sound very polished. do you ever do anything harsh and rough around the edges?
i know we all have our own production "styles", but just thought i'd ask as its the one thing that i dont hear you do much that i love.

oh and from now on you should wear a blouse and frilly knickers for that track.

dirty_bass
20-01-2006, 06:06 PM
a question.

your productions always sound very polished. do you ever do anything harsh and rough around the edges?
i know we all have our own production "styles", but just thought i'd ask as its the one thing that i dont hear you do much that i love.

oh and from now on you should wear a blouse and frilly knickers for that track.

Well, I do, but I`m so anal about my production, it ends up sitting too comfortably.
I`ve done some screwed up gabba, and slowcore that is a bit rougher.
here
http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20God%20laughed%20as%20I%20bled%20you.mp3
and here
http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Black%20Narcissus%20-%20Pain%20Threshold.mp3
it doesn`t get much harsher or rougher than that last link

rhythmtech
20-01-2006, 06:19 PM
sorry should've explained myself. i meant more the texture of the sound rather than the actual style.

dirty_bass
20-01-2006, 07:49 PM
sorry should've explained myself. i meant more the texture of the sound rather than the actual style.

nope, you`ve lost me now.

rhythmtech
20-01-2006, 08:23 PM
ok the best way to explain for me is to compare 2 bands

pixies - raw & unpolished production
jeff buckley - very very polished production

i'm talking about textures - warmth, gritty, dirty, rough, sweet...

am i rambling?

dirty_bass
20-01-2006, 08:26 PM
The hard tune I posted up recently had some harsher textures.
I still don`t really get what you mean, unles you can make a refernce to the context in techno.

Mindful
20-01-2006, 11:06 PM
you suck man

rhythmtech
20-01-2006, 11:25 PM
i've never sucked a man in my life!

rhythmtech
20-01-2006, 11:26 PM
The hard tune I posted up recently had some harsher textures.
I still don`t really get what you mean, unles you can make a refernce to the context in techno.

ok..

polished - hydraulix
unpolished - punish recs.

Mindful
20-01-2006, 11:38 PM
i've never sucked a man in my life!

Haha not directed at you man , alltho thats not what I said and that could be related to a froyd type slip

rhythmtech
20-01-2006, 11:43 PM
yeah i know... just smoking mr. marley stylee and it seemed quite amusing at the time! but then again a banana was amusing me earlier... IN A PURELY GASTRONOMICALLY SATISFYING WAY...

preverts around here...

sorry steve back on topic now.

dirty_bass
20-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Ok
erm.
Using that reference.
I`ve never liked punish records, to me it was the fore runner of schranze.
It still seems to be a style issue, rather than textural.
I think basically, When I first started DB records, in fact my very first B side, I was into the harder, harsher, mashed together style of techno.
But since then I have learned and improved my production, and I also don`t dig making that kind of techno.
Without being arrogant, this is just a statement of fact really, and I`m sure there`s a few accomplished producers on here who can agree with me.
To make that kind of techno essentially, you just need to mash a load of loops together, and crush em a bit for abrasiveness.
I spent ages making that type of tune, and it really no longer presents too much interest to my short attention span, as you can start to finish a track in about 2 hours.

I still like using harsh textures, but I like honing them so that when played really loud, rather than deterioating further, they are in your face, but not uncontrolled noise.

If I`m on the wrong track then, errr, forgive me.

Mindful
20-01-2006, 11:59 PM
you still suck Steve

Mindful
21-01-2006, 12:00 AM
But I get what he means kindof.......
even your dirty abbrassive stuff sounds pro

rhythmtech
21-01-2006, 12:05 AM
you still suck Steve

for the last time - I DO NOT SUCK ANY MAN...

jeez...

rhythmtech
21-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Ok
erm.
Using that reference.
I`ve never liked punish records, to me it was the fore runner of schranze.
It still seems to be a style issue, rather than textural.
I think basically, When I first started DB records, in fact my very first B side, I was into the harder, harsher, mashed together style of techno.
But since then I have learned and improved my production, and I also don`t dig making that kind of techno.
Without being arrogant, this is just a statement of fact really, and I`m sure there`s a few accomplished producers on here who can agree with me.
To make that kind of techno essentially, you just need to mash a load of loops together, and crush em a bit for abrasiveness.
I spent ages making that type of tune, and it really no longer presents too much interest to my short attention span, as you can start to finish a track in about 2 hours.

I still like using harsh textures, but I like honing them so that when played really loud, rather than deterioating further, they are in your face, but not uncontrolled noise.

If I`m on the wrong track then, errr, forgive me.

yeah... i think its best if we just leave this one or my brain texture may change!

dirty_bass
21-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Ok bob
I`m Uncle
Give annie a biscuit

Mindful
21-01-2006, 12:47 AM
haha

Mindful
21-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Had a good listen to this now.

Its very energetic, The arrangments realy cool and the productions spot on.
Of course style wise not my cup of tea but I can see how good this is for what it is.
Luka said somthing about Intec and I know he was larking about but hes not wrong, this would be perfect for the label or somthing similar.
Ive no doubt that if you relese this or sombody else does that it will get caned by alot of people and do very well.

Pottentialy A big tune me thinks

Mindful
21-01-2006, 04:05 PM
shit sorry it was log:one who said about Intec

loopdon
21-01-2006, 07:16 PM
shit steve, you're productions are always just so tight!
:cheese:

BloodStar
22-01-2006, 10:58 AM
quality progressive clubby tune. faat bass, and some nice leads on the top. i very like the sound landscape as the track goes to the finish. nice ambience sitting in the background. feelin it.. production part of thing here is mostly nothing to comment, as you know what you are doing perfectly.. maybe some little comments on the content but this too much up to personal taste,.. nice track..

Miromiric
23-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Luka said somthing about Intec and I know he was larking about but hes not wrong, this would be perfect for the label or somthing similar.

wtf :shock:
i never said that. it was the first thing that came to my mind when heard this choon, but i never said it out loud.
i guess we are 1:1 in mind reading now.

Mindful
23-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Your minds the scariest ive ever been in you twisted little puppy.

Thank **** Steve wears a tin foil hat otherwise id have to top myself from his perverse thoughts.

dirty_bass
23-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Too protect the public, my thoughts have been sealed in concrete and dumped into the north sea.

Elvio Neto
25-01-2006, 11:50 AM
wow great track man

audioinjection
25-01-2006, 07:26 PM
cool track steve, i was expecting some more subby bass though.....but its all good

keep the cheese comin :P

SUSTAIN_RELEASE
28-01-2006, 09:15 AM
oh god!!! i like this track!! really pro track!
Cheer

lau
30-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Well.... What can I say ?

I like your music better when your off the Prosac... :cheese:

Anyways... It got a bit to much for me when that main synth dropped in... was actually kinda feeling it before it did....

production... H.O.L.Y.F.U.C.K .... nice one to use for reference on my phones... :cool:

gary_human
07-02-2006, 02:24 PM
very london avin it style! cool track

AcidTrash
16-02-2006, 07:39 PM
does what it says on the tin really, a big uplifting bit of banging cheese.
Bass might be a bit over the top though.

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20Step%20up%20to%20the%20plate%20(master).mp3

Loved this. Well done.

AcidTrash
16-02-2006, 07:40 PM
but then I am a simple creature when it comes to music.

278d7e64a374de26f==