PDA

View Full Version : monitors.... your views wanted

bayley
20-01-2006, 11:41 AM
right... ive been looking at investing in a brand new pair of monitors for my humble setup.... i currently use a pair of behringer truth monitors and despite the companys less than perfect track record, they have served me very well for the past few years!!! but its now time for an upgrade... ive had my heart set on the KRK ROKKITS the 1's with the yellow woofer, ever since i demo'd them at chemical in bristol b4 christams.. they had a sweet sound.. bass response was good and the highs crystal clear!! i will be using them 4 both production and dj'ing.. i would appreciate any comments both good and bad about these speakers... and also if u guys are using or know of any other monitors that u think i should check out, i would ber very interested to hear from you about it... (with a link to the site would be a bonus!!!!) thanks in advance!!!! Bayley

Lujo
21-01-2006, 12:18 PM
ALESIS M1 ACTIVE MK 2

dan the acid man
21-01-2006, 09:21 PM
i'd rather have the krk's than the alesis.

you want a nice flat sound with monitors, they shouldn't add anything to the music.

fostex also make some good monitors

Jay Pace
30-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Don't get the alesis. Not great for production.

rhythmtech
07-02-2006, 10:08 PM
i find the alesis great for production. the clarity is quite good but they dont wear your ears out as much as some. like all above average monitors, if you get to know them you can work with them. as everyone knows you need to be checkin on a number of differant speakers anyway.

Jay Pace
07-02-2006, 10:33 PM
They wear my ears out really quickly.
But then I've got hearing damage

Saving up for mackie's - gorgeous monitors. But pricey.

rhythmtech
07-02-2006, 11:03 PM
like everything else really isnt it. you pay the big money you get the quality. how much are they costing you?

Jay Pace
07-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Cheapest new around 800 the pair
Ebay around 600, if you're lucky.

Won't be needing anything else after them though.
It'll be well worth it - means I can spend longer in the studio because my ears won't get so tired so quickly.

278d7e64a374de26f==