97.5mb
enjoy

Mickey
13-08-2003, 08:09 PM
Thanks,

downing it noW!

ampassasinbirmingham
14-08-2003, 03:07 PM
:o THANK YOU PLEASE. I THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES BY GIVING YOU MY ANCESTORS TEAPOT. YET AGAIN I THANK YOU KIND SIR PLEASE.

Esox Lucius
14-08-2003, 03:19 PM
that video made me fall asleep, listening to hawtin can seriously cure insomnia.

Adverse
14-08-2003, 05:25 PM
lol

davethedrummer
14-08-2003, 06:43 PM
sorry but no!
what a crappy video

Rios
14-08-2003, 06:52 PM
That's his new sound/style... no comment :?:

professor
14-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the video.

I didn't much like it. I agree with the crappy video comment.
If this is Richie Hawtin's new sound then I'll pass...I liked the pounding minimal sh-t. This stuff sounds too mellow and too house-y at times.

Rios
14-08-2003, 08:07 PM
Yep, this is his new sound. I last 2 times i saw him playing, no pounding stuff anymore. I dunno what happened... to that bald man with glasses that made me almost kill myself dancing...
he also looks like Sven Vath these days.. he dances too :shock:

He still does his thing quite good, still with FS on 2 laptops, but i's not my taste..too boring, slow and makes me wanna sleep (same music as on the video).

I think (i could be mistaken) that he permantenly changed style. He has lots of new fans. In Germany this minimal thing is hot.
They love it. Does anybody knows more about this?

Patrick DSP
14-08-2003, 08:18 PM
i've always disliked Ritchie's music and the "god like" visions that everyone here in north america. makes me sick, whatever happened to good muusic and good talent??

my favorate memory of a richie hawtin party...

"wow his beats are so weird, he's ****ing me up, this is so good. what a master!" - raver

"no he's drunk, you jackass, and he's been trainwrecking trying to mix in that new track for the past 2 min." - me

go back to ibiza, you mind warper of the uneducated!

and don't get me started on how he tried to pawn off DE9 as a dj mix cd at HMV!!!!

daviec
14-08-2003, 08:52 PM
I headed over to the Global tent at GKGG to hear Hawtin. I've heard him once before at Pressure and I thought he was good.

At GKGG though, some dafty with hair and no glasses was playing a mince set when I was wanting things to pick up a bit. I thought they'd replaced Hawtin as it didn't look/sound like him, but I have been assured it was indeed him. Bit of a shame really.

Adverse
14-08-2003, 08:52 PM
yoo you complain too much :P

davethedrummer
14-08-2003, 10:05 PM
well i remember seeing ritchie hawtin live on the spastik tour playing at megadog in brixtons academy and at glastonbury the same year and he ****in 'ad it large!!!!!!!!!!
totally insane mindblowing stuff
then there was the ambient nonsense...........
then the dex fx 909 which was wicked
then the de9 which was :arrow: P.L.O.D. CENTRAL!!!

then i saw him at base and he banged like a shit house door in the wind!
and now this!
let's hope he gets of this noodle train ride of his and gets back on the smash my face into a wall express

PDQ

krakp0t
16-08-2003, 12:13 AM
tis true, i've seen richie many, many times over the years. sometimes he fecking bangs it like no other, sometimes.......yeah, i don't really know what his deal is either.

i think we need more henry and chris here in new york ;)

Orange
16-08-2003, 03:58 PM
let's hope he gets of this noodle train ride of his and gets back on the smash my face into a wall express

:lol: 8) :lol:

John Vella
16-08-2003, 04:07 PM
Henry's baby son could do a *MUCH* better set than Hawtin I think!!

8)

-jOHNNY

miromiric.
17-08-2003, 01:32 PM
then there was the ambient nonsense...........

what do you mean davey?

Angrymann
18-08-2003, 04:25 PM
I think he's ****ing shit hot. The video is obvioulsy just a mash up between visuals and a few shots of him actually playing the decks. It is boring as **** though, tried to be too arty but didn't have enough variation to be exciting.

I think your wrong to assume he has changed sounds cause he has played this type of stuff for ages now , this could have just been a PART of his set. Sometimes he plays really hard and then drops into this kind of stuff for a wee while. He tends to do that if he is playing for longer than four hours , cause you can only bang it for so long without slight devaition or it's dull (IMO).

His sound is completely determined by who he is playing to.When he plays in Scotland there are folk hanging from the rafters cause he plays so hard and intense. He isn't the sort of person to play stuff that the folk don't want to listen to , so at that set that was probaly what they were up for hearing.If you watch the video he always looks around to see if the folk are digging it , so they obviously were or he wouldn't keep playing it.
I can't understand folk who think Hawtin is shite. The man is a genius and has done more for the past and the future of the techno scene than anyone (just my opinion). As for Dex FX , it's a ****ing brilliant mix album , if not the best. Altough I didn't like the closer to the edit one , it still deserves credit for it's original concept.

I don't think you should worry , Hawtin hasn't changed his style , it depends on where he is. I do agree that he should avoid trying to look like Sven Vath though , as he clearly does these days. I guess he fancied a change as there are an abundance of Hawtin clones with skinheads and glasses.

tioneb
23-08-2003, 10:07 PM
check his sonar set there

http://sonar.emisiondigital.com/ingles/

its quite banging though i thnik its boring as hell ... i guess he plays different kind of stuff from place to place

Rut
24-08-2003, 09:09 AM
I heard Richie Hawtin play again last night @ Mysteryland Festival (amsterdam) and he disappointed me again :( He started off real nice and hard, but later on he did things to easily....too many 'popular records and easy mixing... Not at all the Richie Hawtin i used to love so much.. But then again, I heard people say he was ill yesterday, so that might just as well have been the reason he didn't perform better..

tioneb
24-08-2003, 03:31 PM
well i thought he used to be a very clean guy ... on the videos mentionned above he looks really wasted and constantly drinking... he is probably under the influence ... of sven vath :wink:

miromiric.
24-08-2003, 03:38 PM
haha richie clean guy! what do u think where did he get his platikman name from lol?

zaalmoetlos
25-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Richie hawtin used to be the only dj who never disapointed me until i heard him play in amsterdam in april. He played in a warehouse for 6000 people and he played this minimal **** for one and a half hours and 5900 people where standig there just looking what the f**K is going on on and no one was dancing. This stuff is ok to listen to when you want to fall asleep but not when you're with 5999 other people who want to dance...

and don't even get me started about his new look where's the robot with the glasses making everybody go mental????

tioneb
25-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Richie hawtin used to be the only dj who never disapointed me until i heard him play in amsterdam in april. He played in a warehouse for 6000 people and he played this minimal **** for one and a half hours and 5900 people where standig there just looking what the f**K is going on on and no one was dancing. This stuff is ok to listen to when you want to fall asleep but not when you're with 5999 other people who want to dance...

and don't even get me started about his new look where's the robot with the glasses making everybody go mental????

i dont really like the minimal way hawtin is turning... but thats just a matter of taste, this music is really popular in germany, for example. but hmm i dont really understand why you diss him so much.

i thnik that big djs like hawtin have to use their popularity to make grow some music genres who are emerging. bring the crowds this easy sound they use to listen all the time is just no sense if he doesnt want to spin this music... you talk as if the djs shouldnt decide about the music they play and that the clubbers are all schranz+beer+xtc addicts.

i agree that sometimes when a dj dares something new it doesnt work... but happy there im still are some people who have the balls to try !!

tioneb
25-08-2003, 02:53 PM
i wanted to say :

im happy there still are some people who have the balls to try !!

mark why cant we edit the posts anymore ???

zaalmoetlos
25-08-2003, 04:50 PM
tioneb i'm not dissing him so much at all I'm saying that he is the only dj who never disapointed me before april this year that's not dissing that's a compliment.. I'm just saying that i didn't like what he was doing that day and at other venues lately furthermore when a dj plays such minimal music to such a big crowd who want to dance to me he/she doesn't get it especially if you see 5900 people standing still surely you must realise that you are probably doing something wrong...

That's all hawtin is still one of my fav dj's I only hope that he gets his act together because the music he was spinning in amsterdam wasn't of the high quality as I've grown to expect from him and when he did give some harder tracks they lacked warmth and just weren't that good simple...

zaalmoetlos
25-08-2003, 04:55 PM
talk asiff all kids are schranz beer xtc kids that's just plain bollocks there is a huge gap between the minimal stuff hawtin was playing and schranz (which I'm no fan of either) I prefer dj's like garnier, hawtin, rapaciolli, surgeon, ruskin, I'm saying as in my previous post that if a crowd stands still for one and a half hours then the dj should realise that something is wrong a dj is there to entertain people who come to dance and not to stand still half the night

zaalmoetlos
25-08-2003, 04:57 PM
I also am happy that there are people who like to try something new without any progress music tends to get very boring

278d7e64a374de26f==