PDA

View Full Version : Casual violence - Unpunished size track one

Mindful
21-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Hello

Somthing thats kept me up all night.
Possibly not to everyones taste.
Kind of laid back style wise and production wise but still pretty dark and thoughtfull.

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1N5RX2UVA9GD818U3FS3BVK4GI

Havent had a chance to listen to it loud yet and was monitering at quite a low level.

Hope you like :)

da hound
21-01-2006, 11:12 AM
i like this fella dark and atmospheric just the kinda shit i like

Mindful
21-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Cheers dude.

Ive just had a listen at a fairly decent level and im not happy with the bottom end, it sounds a wee bit flabby to me.
Any suggestions guys?

BloodStar
22-01-2006, 11:11 AM
like this one. feeling that nice dark atmo,. it has quite nice progress as the track goes, just maybe it could be supported with some more little atmo snips or effected vocal or stuff like that.track sounds quite minimal to me., which is not bad as the atmo play the main role here,,. maybe you can add just a tad of something here and there to keep it more alive, if it makes sense :)
production sounds quite ok, but not as good as your last tracks, and i agree that the kick maybe doesnt fit there well,,or you should shape it little more preciselly. i also think that other sounds are buried under kick little bit, and doesnt have the right wide as you can do.. maybe just my feels,,, other than that, like this one..

Mindful
22-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for comments and your ideas Bloodstar I will try to use them ;)
I have tried to give it a bit more stereo width than before and done a little more on the mix,added another bassline(even tho I was struggling with just the one)
I think im going to have to realy shape the basslines and kick much better as suggested(I realy wanted the rythms and atmosheres to lead the track rather than the kick and bass so Im a bit stuck doing this)

Ive also extended the intro and built a bit more on the atmospere(try not to fall asleep before the intros done lol)

Anyway im waffling now so......

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=55FA7CEAAA42C6BE

I realy would be thankfull for any help or advice on the production on this one.
Thankyou :)

loopdon
23-01-2006, 12:45 PM
i will give it a listen when i come home, asap that is.

hopefully i can give you useful tips... if not -> dirty bass to the rescue :cheese: (his tipps will be far better :cheese: )

errr and i have got to send/upload sth. for you today as well ;)

Mindful
23-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Hello

Been working on the mix(for about the 8th time)again
I think its sounding much better now but still could be improoved.

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0SQXBWDZJK44K0F766SSNFAEAA

Still looking for mix and production comments and advice rather than comments on style please(alltho anything would be helpful)

Thank you :)

@Loopdon yer a geezer ;)

Mindful
25-01-2006, 07:27 PM
No one feeling this?

:( im sad

xfive
26-01-2006, 02:25 AM
No one feeling this?

:( im sad

Hell no go home ya pansy!

haha :cheese:

This one's nice man. Has great atmos and mood. The laidbackness is menacing. I think the kick needs a little more depth to it tho as its pretty clicky right now. And carve some extra space out from the bass.
Cool beans tho man

:rambo:

Mindful
27-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Cant stand beans but thanks anyway :)

Cheers will get busy with the kick and bass.

robin m
27-01-2006, 06:14 PM
This is nice, very moody & ominous... production-wise sounds good to me, the kick is nicely muted and suits the track IMO - but my ears aren't too well tuned so best listen to the pros!

Good stuff though, creeps the hell out of me :neutral: :paranoid:

Mindful
31-01-2006, 12:21 AM
lalala dumdidum

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=19CM646DOED1N1DH0OPQM6DTMJ

BloodStar
01-02-2006, 01:35 PM
heya,,. finally i'm now almost recovered from the last weekend session, and finally i listen to some new tracks :) listening to the last version. nice start, this would do some crazy things with the dance floor if put on the begining of set.. nice nice.. as the track progress,there is some huge atmo in it,.and also very mooody,,for sure. like that resonant pad or what it is.. and also the rest... production is nice,,

dirty_bass
01-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Nice start to this, really go`s from menacing to beautiful and serene in a lovely way.
Kick could do with more size and weight though.
give it some 75hz, you know you want to.

I`d like to see more going on in the top end too, some nice little shuffles and stuff to really work the groove.

The serene pad that comes in again later on really lifts this up to a spine tingling place.

Great great track again mate, just needs some spit and shine and a little more oomph in the bottom end.

curly
01-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Loving this, the into is amazing , and the athmospherics are the driving force of this, they defo kept my interest, The Bass Line has just caught my attention, a nice driving feel to it, keeping it going to the end.

Mindful
01-02-2006, 07:30 PM
thank you for listening and any comments or advice everybody.

the kick has been a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest.
Ill try your suggestions Steve and you just may be right aboot adding some shuffles and high end movment.

Will get this bugger finished

Thanks all:)

lau
02-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Fuk Ill be short coz all is said...

Jupss fix that kick!!!! intro/outro sounds dope to me!!! eventho I wouldnt have the patience to use it in a mix ;) (Aw but Btw Im a crappy Dj...)

Mindful
06-02-2006, 08:47 PM
http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=9BD354E0D277E871

still working on this :eyes:

Think ive got a better relation going on now with the kick an bass, give the kick a bit more bottom meat and added a little more high end movment.

Any feedback or comments are very welcome,
thanks.

xfive
09-02-2006, 01:58 AM
I like it but I feel it needs more of a hook or something... Cool as is for journey material.... sit at home and get baked... but otherwise it needs some attention grabber of some sort methinks :)

Mindful
09-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Hook smhook get baked and take the journey :cheese:

Ive finished with this now its no longer fun for me so here you are..

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3AE3DAA734F1A2E2

Actualy a hook or melody would be pretty cool :eyes:

278d7e64a374de26f==