PDA

View Full Version : Chris McCormack Retire's!!

Davin
21-01-2006, 06:46 PM
I recently found out from a mate that Dj / Producer Chris Mc Cormack has put away his turntable's for good!!
I self admittedly wouldn't be Chris's biggest fan however I find this type of new's worrying and stressing at the same time :doh: , I understand his reasons for retiring are that the money just wasn'y there. His last release (Redesigned on Electrix record's) and regarded by most including myself was his best, which is a shame as I felt that for me anyway he may start to come really good, I can only say that this type of new's is sad!!!

Show the lad some admiration and post new's about him!!! and who know's maybe he'll be back some day - Davin :toast:

g
21-01-2006, 06:57 PM
http://blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=35758
http://blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=35963
http://blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=42051

Conan
22-01-2006, 01:30 AM
Yeh dav this is old old news at this stage mate its already been discussed and re-discussed.

Conan
22-01-2006, 01:31 AM
oh and there's no need for the apostrophe in retires either :bonk:

MARKEG
22-01-2006, 01:53 AM
chris never played the turntables ;)

but yeah, his retirement from production was talked about at length and chris replied, many months ago.

quite a few things go on here ;)

:lol:

anyway, welcome mate. hope you enjoy it here!

dirty_bass
22-01-2006, 02:00 AM
I reckon we kidnapp the ****er, lock him in a studio, and don`t feed the bastard till he makes a tune.
Then we can just make him produce for his sustenance.

dan the acid man
22-01-2006, 02:24 AM
I reckon we kidnapp the ****, lock him in a studio, and don`t feed the bastard till he makes a tune.
Then we can just make him produce for his sustenance.

sounds like a plan

The Overfiend
22-01-2006, 02:36 AM
yeah im with that.
he aint wrasslin away from me dammit

Mindful
22-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Hes still making music so its not so bad i suppose,
Is a shame that theres not going to be any new techno from him(alltho nothing was written in stone)

Bollox lets sedn Summer of Sam after him.

Mindful
22-01-2006, 07:29 PM
sedn*send*

Stodgy
23-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah, seemed to me the guy always did his own thing, so to know he's still out there doing it is good enough for me.

Music is Music is Music!

Sunil
23-01-2006, 04:12 PM
His last release (Redesigned on Electrix record's) and regarded by most including myself was his best,

"Redesigned" is a killer record, and amongst his best for sure. I remember someone ridiculing it here when it came out, and banging on about he and his friends had laughed at how bad it was, and I couldn't understand why? I've heard few better electro records over the last 5 years to be honest.

SlavikSvensk
23-01-2006, 04:45 PM
he sneaks on here from time to time to see what's new, but i think he's genuinely put his interests elsewhere...

Sunil
23-01-2006, 05:01 PM
he sneaks on here from time to time to see what's new, but i think he's genuinely put his interests elsewhere...

It would be good to see him do something again, but I think it's safe to say that he's moved on.

His spirit for techno was broken, and for someone that was so passionate about contributing to it in the first place, I think it would now take something out of the ordinary for him to regain his interest in releasing records again.

Personally I think the electronica he was doing was top notch, and an avenue that he could have explored more and gained widespread credit for, had he hooked up with the right label.

basslinejunkie
23-01-2006, 10:29 PM

It would be good to see him do something again, but I think it's safe to say that he's moved on.

His spirit for techno was broken, and for someone that was so passionate about contributing to it in the first place, I think it would now take something out of the ordinary for him to regain his interest in releasing records again.

Personally I think the electronica he was doing was top notch, and an avenue that he could have explored more and gained widespread credit for, had he hooked up with the right label.

yep,supremely talented

The Overfiend
24-01-2006, 02:24 AM
uk gold was excellent house music as well

278d7e64a374de26f==