PDA

View Full Version : decimal - tesseract(unfinished)

Decimal
22-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi all!

i've learned loads at this forum and would like to thank all of you for that. hopefully it shows. :)

i've been very busy with school and now i'm working to re-write my livepa. I usually start by mapping out a few new tracks as reference, this is the first one.

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF6707967563.mp3

I'm mostly concerned with these questions:
- is it a bit overcompressed?
- it lasts well over 8 minutes, do you think it burns out or keeps attention?
- i'm trying to explore new territory, does the style work?

and any additional comments are always appreciated, as per normal. :)

Jack
22-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Hi all!

i've learned loads at this forum and would like to thank all of you for that. hopefully it shows. :)

i've been very busy with school and now i'm working to re-write my livepa. I usually start by mapping out a few new tracks as reference, this is the first one.

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF6707967563.mp3

I'm mostly concerned with these questions:
- is it a bit overcompressed?
- it lasts well over 8 minutes, do you think it burns out or keeps attention?
- i'm trying to explore new territory, does the style work?

and any additional comments are always appreciated, as per normal. :)

is it a bit overcompressed? Well it has some dynamic variation so i guess not really.

I like the stereo delay effects in the percussion.

Seems to work.

It does drag a bit but probs would'nt in a club situation, if that makes sense.

safe ;)

rhythmtech
22-01-2006, 11:39 PM
not over compressed at all mate. in fact i'd throw it through a compressor again!

not a bad track overall if a little "nice". personally i'd dirty it up with some tube distortion on some of the tracks.

other than that i'm not sure.. think i'd need to hear it changed to comment more.

Decimal
23-01-2006, 11:07 PM
cool. thanks much for the help!

i'll update in a bit.

Mindful
25-01-2006, 07:11 PM
This is cool mate, proper old sounding pure techno sound to it(which I like)
Nice production and simple edits.
Deffo not over commpressed and I like the use of the stereo delays on the percs.
There was one synth that didnt seem to fit in the mix as well as the other sounds maybe.
Other than that I like this.

Mindful
25-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh and it took me a bit to suss out who had done the tune due to it not having your name on the mp3(I DL tunes off here and then listen at home)
You little tinker :)

audioinjection
25-01-2006, 07:20 PM
hmmm, this isn't bad, kinda minimal i'd say

but im not a big fan of the straight 808 style bassdrum, i like basslines, but hey thats just me haha

anyway, its pretty cool overall, like mindful said, nice production and basic edits

xfive
26-01-2006, 02:35 AM
yeah this is cool minimal, but it needs a little mix work, I'd say try to get the kick to be more even with everything else, and try to even out the eq between the synths and the drums a bit more... needs a little sparkle is all

278d7e64a374de26f==