PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal are fielding a strong squad for the League cup semi

Will
23-01-2006, 08:04 PM
in the 2nd leg at Highbury, which is good I think. Mad Jens being the most notable omission, the likes of Henry and Campbell will be playing though. It'd be pretty good going to win some silverware and only field our best players in one or two games, hopefully it'll act as a spring board for the rest of the season if we can win it.

In many ways I'd rather win this than the FA cup, since we haven't won this under Wenger... Though in a funny way I'd rather someone else won this than the FA cup too, since the FA cup is more of an achievement and I want the other teams to achieve as little as possible... Though if it wasn't one of our rivals that won the FA cup, then that would be alright - some hope though!

The squad will be:

Manuel Almunia
Mart Poom
Johann Djourou
Mathieu Flamini
Abou Diaby
Alexander Hleb
Kerrea Gilbert
Lauren
Sol Campbell
Philippe Senderos
Gilberto
Robert Pires
Thierry Henry
Jose Antonio Reyes
Dennis Bergkamp
Robin van Persie

Will
24-01-2006, 03:45 AM
On a side note we've sold out Highbury for our 36th semi in all competitions so why Wigan couldn't half fill their ground for their first semi I don't know...

djfase
24-01-2006, 05:59 PM
They need to as they have no chance of winning fek all else

dj casualty
24-01-2006, 06:08 PM
what and man u have got a chance of winning anythin

nick_anarchy
24-01-2006, 10:26 PM
like u have .. ..

Will
24-01-2006, 11:13 PM
I suppose Man U have a fair chance of winning the Carling cup now! We have a chance of winning the CL as well as the FA cup unlike some... though not if we defend the way we did tonight...

Numeric
25-01-2006, 09:31 AM
What was Arse's starting line-up like last night then? Did they field a strong side or was it the youngsters again with a smattering of first teamers?

Sorry Will but i can't see Arse winning the Champions League, although if Liverpool can win it i guess any team can...

french_og
25-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Arsenal fielded a good side, not sure if it was their best 11 but had there stars in there.

djfase
25-01-2006, 06:13 PM
All i can say is what a goal by that prick van persie

Quite superb.

Whats man u gotta do with aresnal winning anyway?

phantomdj
25-01-2006, 11:00 PM
What was Arse's starting line-up like last night then? Did they field a strong side or was it the youngsters again with a smattering of first teamers?

Sorry Will but i can't see Arse winning the Champions League, although if Liverpool can win it i guess any team can...

ahahaha what a jealous sour grapes lad you are.....

green green green

Will
26-01-2006, 12:58 AM

Quite superb.

What've you got against Van Persie? Well, Man U are in much the same boat as Arsenal in terms of what they can win, so you're not in much of a position to run down what we might win (except we're still in the CL).

Numeric
26-01-2006, 09:24 AM

green green green

no, was just making a point about how any old shite can win the Champions League these days, last year was a testiment to this fact...

nick_anarchy
26-01-2006, 09:50 AM

Quite superb.

What've you got against Van Persie? Well, Man U are in much the same boat as Arsenal in terms of what they can win, so you're not in much of a position to run down what we might win (except we're still in the CL).

this is tho will , arsenalwont win anything this season , will utd now ?? unsure the micky mouse cup looks like a possability ,

liverpool seemto be very strong in the CL i fancy themto stay init longer than any english team

Esox Lucius
26-01-2006, 10:34 AM
wouldn't write off arsenal in the CL yet, you never know.

I want barca to win it myself and think they have as good a chance as anyone.

french_og
26-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing all the English teams getting knocked out now with the World Cup coming up, Can see Gerrard having burn out by then with the amount of games he is playing espeically with his work rate in every game.

nick_anarchy
26-01-2006, 12:56 PM
he didnt do much V utd .. sayin that he dont do much in all games

phantomdj
26-01-2006, 09:11 PM

green green green

no, was just making a point about how any old shite can win the Champions League these days, last year was a testiment to this fact...

jealous jealous jealous....

haha, you make me laugh

phantomdj
26-01-2006, 09:13 PM
he didnt do much V utd .. sayin that he dont do much in all games

didnt do much against man utd? like your 11? ... your defensive approach didnt let him play like he can, ...

as for not dsoing much in all games... that's a bit silly... in almost every game he is awesome...

for england.. no. but thats the system - trying to accomodate too many big time charlies in one game...

Will
27-01-2006, 03:26 AM

Quite superb.

this is tho will , arsenalwont win anything this season , will utd now ?? unsure the micky mouse cup looks like a possability ,

liverpool seemto be very strong in the CL i fancy themto stay init longer than any english team

Well ok, Man U have a good chance of winning the Carling cup, but the trouble with that is if you try to make out it's something to be proud of people will only laugh! It'd be a reasonable achievement for the likes of Wigan, since they don't get a look in in the better competitions, but that's as far as it goes really.

nick_anarchy
27-01-2006, 11:19 AM

Quite superb.

Well ok, Man U have a good chance of winning the Carling cup, but the trouble with that is if you try to make out it's something to be proud of people will only laugh! It'd be a reasonable achievement for the likes of Wigan, since they don't get a look in in the better competitions, but that's as far as it goes really.

its not one cup i would be proud of but its something at the end of the day as could be more than arsenal or whoever come the end of the season .. yeh ppl may laugh i would and prob will if we win it , seeing we have only ever won it once

the fa cup will be ours tho ..

Numeric
27-01-2006, 08:51 PM
yeah the Cup Double would be nice...

Will
28-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Tell you what, you can have cup double and we'll have the CL, sorted. :lol:

dj casualty
28-01-2006, 07:29 AM
yeah i'm happy with that lol

djfase
28-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Right lets get things straight.

Im no man u fan for starters.

Second, arsenal have no chance of winning CL, even tho they are still in it.

If the winer of chelsea, barca doesnt win it, then i can only see bayern or juve doing it.

Arsenal are not good enough, especially away from home

nick_anarchy
28-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Tell you what, you can have cup double and we'll have the CL, sorted. :lol:

keep dreaming

Numeric
28-01-2006, 04:42 PM
:lol:

yeah Will good one, always able to raise a laugh...

Will
28-01-2006, 05:28 PM
I think you'll find we've won all our away games in the CL this season...

nick_anarchy
28-01-2006, 06:19 PM
I think you'll find we've won all our away games in the CL this season...

ok will u win a blue peter badge

278d7e64a374de26f==