PDA

View Full Version : Sven to go after World Cup + Next England manager?

Hakka
24-01-2006, 12:52 PM
So what do you think of Sven leaving? who do you want to replace him?

french_og
24-01-2006, 12:58 PM
I think whether the Newspaper allegations came out or not after the World Cup the time would of been right to go, if he wins us the world cup he will leave having not much more to achive and if he doesn't win then I think it is time for another manager,

I would like to see an English Manager, think Sam Alladyce would be the right man but The FA would never have him as he is too outspoken and says what he thinks, the same reason Brain Clough never managed England.

lukekendall
24-01-2006, 02:15 PM
I think whether the Newspaper allegations came out or not after the World Cup the time would of been right to go, if he wins us the world cup he will leave having not much more to achive and if he doesn't win then I think it is time for another manager,

I would like to see an English Manager, think Sam Alladyce would be the right man but The FA would never have him as he is too outspoken and says what he thinks, the same reason Brain Clough never managed England.

see i think he is prob the best english guy but i would never want england playing like bolton do ...

i think big phil from portugal would be the best, proven at international level winning the world cup with brazil and taking portugal to the finals!

he aint english tho and i think all the hype will be for an english man, but i can think of any that are better than him?????

french_og
24-01-2006, 02:28 PM
I don't think Big Sam would have England playing that way with the players he would have unlike at Bolton.

Think Solari would be the best foreign option. I like solari cuz he would not be afraid to drop or sub a big name player if they was not performing like he did when he subbed Figo in 2004,

Esox Lucius
24-01-2006, 02:45 PM
peter reid :lol:

lukekendall
24-01-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't think Big Sam would have England playing that way with the players he would have unlike at Bolton.

Think Solari would be the best foreign option. I like solari cuz he would not be afraid to drop or sub a big name player if they was not performing like he did when he subbed Figo in 2004,

yeah but he might not be as good manager playing a different style he might be totally crap at it???

thats why i think he is the best man, the reason we lost in 2004 was the managers! he took off figo, sven kept on a unfit out of form beckham! and had no plan b

hes the man i think :)

Will
24-01-2006, 03:36 PM
We could always give one of our young, but unproven managers the job on a temporary basis and see how it goes... I mean look at Germany and Holland, they gave totally unproven managers who were big name players a chance and they seem to be going pretty well. I reckon we should interview loads of people and see who impresses... Though we may have to go with another foreign manager in the end, alas...

Hopefully someone a bit more passionate than Sven though! I reckon Stuart Pearce would fit the bill, he was a good player for us and is passionate, doing well with man City... Ottmar Hitzfeld, Otto Rehhagel or possibly Fabio Capello would be the best foreigners I reckon, although the style of football Rehaggel and Italians favour might be a drawback...

lukekendall
24-01-2006, 03:50 PM
i bet money that ginger twat mclarene gets it

french_og
24-01-2006, 04:20 PM
I hope not, he s rubbish.

Alan Curbishley may be a option also.

basslinejunkie
24-01-2006, 05:19 PM
big sam for me.doesnt care about reps,its what you do on the pitch that matters.

or gus hiddink

piginabush
24-01-2006, 08:58 PM
steve mclaren.....

pleeeeeeeeeease take him away from my club!!!

Aratron
24-01-2006, 09:11 PM
DAVE BASSETT

Aratron
24-01-2006, 09:14 PM
DAVE BASSETT

whoops i meant Mike Bassett,

Blades fan - Fruedian Slip

Hakka
24-01-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm going to apply for the England job. Who fancies joining me at the position of Assistant Manager?

Will
24-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Nah, I think you'd best be my assistant!

basslinejunkie
24-01-2006, 11:28 PM
il be director of football,so you 2 can just pay me to watch the matches basically.

Will
24-01-2006, 11:38 PM
It wouldn't be us that paid you! Isn't Trevor Brooking director of football or something... ah well, **** it, we won't miss him! Mind you, the England fans might not want to pay you to watch football!

dan the acid man
24-01-2006, 11:38 PM
that leaves no job for me now then.
im not being physio, as it means i'd have to run on and off the pitch all the time when a player has broken a nail, feck that, i'd be knackered :lol:

not sure who will be next manager really, knowing the fa, it could be anybody

Traxx
25-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Guus Hiddink

Traxx
25-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Wouldnt let a English manager near it.

Will
26-01-2006, 01:35 AM
Some fool reckoned Bob Geldof should do it!

Will
26-01-2006, 01:56 AM
that leaves no job for me now then.
im not being physio, as it means i'd have to run on and off the pitch all the time when a player has broken a nail, feck that, i'd be knackered :lol:

not sure who will be next manager really, knowing the fa, it could be anybody

But you'd get to massage them if you were the physio, god knows what'd happen if they got a groin strain!

278d7e64a374de26f==