PDA

View Full Version : Tunes

dant
15-11-2002, 07:14 PM
Hi all, was given some tunes last week, and being compleatly new style to me i just wanted to find out what you would actually class them as, and any tips on mixin?

the tunes i got are:

The Lords of shamboo - 100%

The Lords of shamboo - Puff Puff Pass

Glen Wilson - Tantrum

Cracker Jack - Mexico city

Glen Wilson - Sentinel

cheers for any help/advice

BTW, Mark see u in dorch 2moro night

TripleX
15-11-2002, 07:29 PM
they´re all pretty good. i got them as well.

i´d class them as harder uk techno.

what´s your exact problem with mixing them?

dan t
15-11-2002, 07:37 PM
nothing really, just commin from trance and not listening to techno b4, didmn;t know if theres liek something that "HAS" to be done in mixin techno.

18-11-2002, 04:41 PM
No, with techno, it's pretty much mix as you feel. With trance, it's different for sure. But still try to keep the 16.32 thing in your head if you can (unless you want to develop a pretty chaotic style which you can make sound good with practice)....

TripleX
19-11-2002, 12:50 AM
i don´t know what mark means with that (16.32 ), but i think it´s

important for the beginning to mix the tracks on the right bars.

it´s hard to explain what i mean ( i´m german hehe).

when the 1st bass starts on the record which is going, then let the other record which you wanna mix in going.

then just wait for the next break and switch the bass

19-11-2002, 01:49 PM
if you listen to all dance music, it always changes 16 or 32 or in multiples of that. put any record on the decks and count 16 or 32 from the first kick drum. then you'll hear a change. ie a hi hat will come in or something will happen. applying this rule to every record, it means that when you mix a record in you wait until that change on the 1st record, spin the 2nd from the first kick drum at exactly the same time and then both records will change together. swap the basses on one of the changes.....

buggedout eddie
19-11-2002, 05:24 PM
That cracker jack mexico city is good to cut with

TripleX
19-11-2002, 11:15 PM
now i know what you meant mark, i tried to explain the same thing with my fu+*ed english

*medumpis*

278d7e64a374de26f==