PDA

View Full Version : Techno in Belfast, N Ireland

module
24-01-2006, 11:13 PM
still no one making any attempt...

anyone ?

a city that was once very active & vibrant in the music is now dead, save the odd dj at Shine.

why has no one stepped up ? i wonder... no really, i do :(

rhythmtech
24-01-2006, 11:32 PM
shame really. cool city. would love to get a gig up there.

module
24-01-2006, 11:36 PM
there was once a thriving scene.

i was part of it. and over th elasr 5 years watched it die. i done everything in my power to try & change it, but ran out of money, steam & patience.

Shine is a great club, but it doesnt cover the harder end of techno. in fact, it covers very very little apart from safe gigs like DC or Speedy J. but in truth, thats down to th epunters not makin the effort as much as the clubs not takin a chance.

for all the bedroon djs i gave gigs over the past 9 years, not one has stepped up & tried to carry on. maybr its apathy or laziness. i dont know.

but i do know its a sad state of affairs.

rhythmtech
24-01-2006, 11:48 PM
i think i know you. you ever play fusion in dublin? i was up in belsfast with chris lib years ago and some other f u c king freak from dublin that freaked everyone out!!

messyfuture
25-01-2006, 08:19 AM
that was probably a bedlam night in giros, you might be thinking of paul brown, he played fusion for derek a few times. I remember that night though.

think module is someone else.

herman
25-01-2006, 11:57 AM
that was probably a bedlam night in giros, you might be thinking of paul brown, he played fusion for derek a few times. I remember that night though.

think module is someone else.

I Played for Paul a couple of times years ago (once in that giro's place as well quite an experience that was ;) )anyone know what he is up to these days ?

messyfuture
25-01-2006, 01:33 PM
yea you played in the front page too i think across the road form giros.
cant remember you giros gig, but memories from those days are hazy

Paul is still promoting he works for a company called moving on music and hes also doing a night with david holmes called the new left bank.

when time premits also trying to do some tracks with me but its a bitch trying to find the time, let me know if you want his contact details if you want to get in touch

module
25-01-2006, 03:59 PM
i am not paul brown of bedlam.

Giros was a helluva place.. there & Vicos were 2 of the best ever in that city for techno, though tbh, i was never that big into the acid sound that was big with Bedlam.. much more of the PAS & Mills & Surgeon sound.

still, it was an amazing time & place.

rhythmtech
25-01-2006, 04:40 PM
yeah.. paul that was his name.

herman
25-01-2006, 04:47 PM
yea you played in the front page too i think across the road form giros.

yeah i remember that one very clearly as Paul put on a James Last album at midnight (it was NYE) for about 10 minutes a moment of pure inspired genius. :lol:

alsynthe
25-01-2006, 08:10 PM
from wot i hear perpetual will be on again in the not too distant future

278d7e64a374de26f==