PDA

View Full Version : Cubase SX - Audio to midi Question

The Divide
14-08-2003, 09:54 PM
This is the problem...

I have 39 channels of audio loops and 6 channels of midi in SX. Normally have about 20ish of audio max. Is there a way of playing back loops Via midi.

Like Having a loop on each key, then on one midi channel you play back mulipule loops, and still be able to eq in VST asigning to channels. This is because...

Theres just too many channels for my poor aching head to handle. Also there in ghost parts of 4 beats. So when you zoom out you end up having a psychadelic experiance followed by and epileptic siezure. Sure I could glue them all into 9/17 bars parts. But it doesnt stop me having layers upon layers of channels and wearing the scrolly bars out.

At first I thought Reason 2.5 would be great for this, having a loop on each channel in the redrum. After learning about this Harmonic distortion I dont think its a good idea. Esp when I have origionally come from reason. It would feel odd going back into it.

I could also send the lot into a group channel and bounce, but I would much rather have them in midi notes andbe able to mute/unmute and fade where I want within the structure of the choon.

I have a realy old Akai here, but midi seems loose when it leaves the pc. So thats a no go, plus it takes too long.

So this leaves me with choices on VSTI softsamplers to use.

I have just tried doing this on fruity loops. Seemed to have a mind of its own to be honest.

I could do this in Kontakt but it would take me quite a long time to do it.

Perhaps Apelton, theres deffinatly a way of been able to do this in Reaktor, and prolly the best. But i dont fancy spending the next year creating it. To be honest I dont think i could.

Just wondering whats your thougths on this, Do you think I am turning into a gibbering old fool. Or do you think its a silly idea all together and just carry on staring into the abyss??

Thanks

F

Adverse
14-08-2003, 10:05 PM
Theres just too many channels for my poor aching head to handle. Also there in ghost parts of 4 beats. So when you zoom out you end up having a psychadelic experiance followed by and epileptic siezure.

F

Adverse
14-08-2003, 10:06 PM
haha sorry mate no clue but that made me chuckle

Jimfish
14-08-2003, 10:24 PM
process yer loops then just drag em from the arrange window into halion... bobs yer uncle all in time and ready to rumble
it'll take you about 2 mins to do the lot and then you can filter it about real easy etc..

if yer going to do this a great effect is to chop up a loop (say chop a bar into 4 bits), slap it into halion with a different chop on each key then stick a delay on the sampler out and play arround with the arrangement - you can get some wiked effects like dis

The Divide
14-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Oh brill, never even thought about Halion. Yeah thats a great idea. Could move the groove of the track around and shit like that.

I am gonna install it again.

Glad my idea isnt as insane as i thought

Cheers

F

The Divide
14-08-2003, 10:40 PM
haha sorry mate no clue but that made me chuckle

:P

Jimfish
14-08-2003, 10:52 PM
nah m8, im forever bouncin loops down then droppin em into halion for some filtering or chopping

djTequila
15-08-2003, 11:13 AM
If you're using Battery, you can easily drop loops into that as well! Might be easier to set up keys, haven't used halion much.

Reason should be good for your purposes as well - the problems we're talking about seem to be ones that add up over several layers.

On that subject, I got a reply from the Reason support realting to this issue. I'll discuss it in the other thread...

T*

278d7e64a374de26f==