PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Henry!

Si the Sigh
26-01-2006, 09:46 AM
http://www.discogs.com/image/A-39796-1101213166.jpg

Got any "Back To The Planet" tracks you could upload for us to check out? :blush:

Loving Carl's hair in that photo! ^ :lol:

Am I right in saying you guys were on the front on NME?

Si the Sigh
26-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Guy looks about 15 in that photo... :lol:

xes
26-01-2006, 11:17 AM
can I have a left to right "who's who" please :lol:

The Germ
26-01-2006, 11:29 AM
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_13955298/.HomePage/__sr_/532a.jpg?gr0Wf2DBUOORGzmq

OI OI OI OI OIOI OI OI OI OI

Si the Sigh
26-01-2006, 11:51 AM
can I have a left to right "who's who" please :lol:

From left to right:

?, Henry Cullen, ?, Guy McAffer, Carl Hendrickse.

aka: DAVE the Drummer, Geezer & Audio Pancake!

xes
26-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Let me fill in the blanks for you. The first ? has to be Gary Rhodes,and the second,if I'm not mistaken is Alyson Moyet

Ok,I'm gonna be for it now aren't I :lol:

Si the Sigh
26-01-2006, 12:26 PM
:lol:

dan the acid man
26-01-2006, 09:25 PM
haha classic photo

tOM B
26-01-2006, 11:35 PM
i've got the 7" with that photo on the back somewhere. I saw them at the sun in the east festival in 93 or 94 back when i was young i thought they were ace

Si the Sigh
27-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Didn't Orbital remix one of their tracks?

acidpisar
27-01-2006, 11:08 AM

yes the did

acidpisar
27-01-2006, 11:09 AM
they*

jacques
27-01-2006, 03:43 PM
there's a clip of the orbital remix here...

http://www.loopz.co.uk/discog/remix/bttp.html

tOM B
27-01-2006, 09:31 PM

yes the did

It's called daydreamer and it's on the 7" the photo comes off

fils_here
28-01-2006, 06:24 PM
yeh was well into back to the planet in my dog on a string days seen em live a few times, glastonbury (on the travellers field) even buckley my hometown in the tiv.
who's ****in' planet!!
i blame the turtles...
got most of their stuff they released too. even the 1st cassette lp!

nihilist
29-01-2006, 02:05 PM
first casette was good!
i find it weird that after 10 or 15 years you find out that your into totally different music but meet the same poeple doing it,if that makes sense,its been a long weekend!

davethedrummer
29-01-2006, 03:11 PM
http://www.discogs.com/image/A-39796-1101213166.jpg

Got any "Back To The Planet" tracks you could upload for us to check out? :blush:

Loving Carl's hair in that photo! ^ :lol:

Am I right in saying you guys were on the front on NME?

the photo:
fraggle ( guitar ) me ( drums ) fil ( vocals ) guy ( keyboards )
carl ( bass )
i was with them from the beginning in 1989 until 1994 when i left. they found a replacement and recorded one more l.p. which was self financed and then the band finally split.

we started playing at the dole house ( a squatted venue ) in peckham south east london , and became the regular inn house band.
slowly we were becoming popular and started getting gigs around the country . we played loads of free festivals in the summer normally on the wango rileys travelling stage , which was an enormous removals lorry with one side that was cut out and folded out turning it into a decent looking stage with a full light rig and a sound system , sometimes the system was provided by dubfire who were freindsat with lawrie immersion who was himself in a band called psycastorm at the time.

as time went on we recorded 2 casette l.p.s one called
"earzone friendly" the other about a year later called "warning the public" which were manufactured by us with money generated by our gigs and sold at the gigs by us and later run as a sperate business by amy who was a big fan of the band.

we toured constantly playing gigs all over the uk as well as germany , france , belgium and spain , and we went on to make more recordings one a 12" called "revolution of thought" and we started work on a commercial release with jim warren from a studio called "the refuge" in reading , where r.d.f. once recorded.
jim warren went on to provide front of house sound for radiohead.
the recording sessions ended up being a dodgy deal and at this point we met our manager alex holland , who had been a fan of the band for a while.
it was alex who pulled the band together and got us set up in business with a recording deal with london records.
we were on a subsiduary label called parallel and we started work on our album at surrey sound , the greenhouse , and metropolis studios we were also remixed by orbital and a couple of other people who i now can't recall. we did three singles "turtles" "please dont fight" and "daydream"
we got into the charts with daydream (30 something i think)
and we appeared on music show "the word" hosted by terry christian
our l.p. "mind and soul collaborators" came out to mixed reviews in 1994 , it suffered from rising social problems within the band and a much too traditional recording style. basically we wanted to work with elctronic artists on the album,and the record company just hired guys who simply recorded us , it just wasn't very experimental at all.
so in jan 1995 i left and started working in a studio in deptford
the rest as they say is............

tOM B
29-01-2006, 04:09 PM
first casette was good!
i find it weird that after 10 or 15 years you find out that your into totally different music but meet the same poeple doing it,if that makes sense,its been a long weekend!

i have often thought about this, it is wierd but really good i think, i guess it comes down to the free festival/free party thing going on and what i see as a natural progression from band based music to dance music (not that we should leave band based music behind). Whatever reason i think it's quite amusing. When i'm 80 am i gonna be listening to hydraulix vs. raw doing classic military marches or armchair jazz??

nihilist
29-01-2006, 07:24 PM
couldn't agre more tom!

RDF now there was a band

278d7e64a374de26f==