PDA

View Full Version : Come with me, she says, into... mnml

koma
26-01-2006, 11:43 AM
most of you probably know abou this, so, for the rest...

Misstress Barbara - Come with me
out February 2006

1 Sebo K – Too Hot
2 Lorna – Feel Good
3 Andrea Bertoloni – My Wav (Club mix)
4 Trentemoller – Beta Boy
5 Zdar – Don’t You Want
6 Boysnoize – He-Man
7 Misstress Barbara - I Love You
8 Bad Pimps – Pimp The Box
9 Lemon 8 - Model 8 (Lemon 8 remix)
10 Argy – Love Dose (Luciano remix)
11 Donnacha Costello – Rusty Sticks
12 Misstress Barbara – Eleven O Seven
13 Nathan Fake - Dinamo (Dominik Eulberg remix)
14 Alex Under – Aditah, La Granjerita
15 Move D - Anne Will
16 Trentemoller - Chameleon
17 Oliver Koletzki - Der Muckenschwarm (Dominik Eulberg remix)

I noticed in some of her sets, and also in some mixes for d/l on her site, she sometimes plays stuff by croatian minimal duo Luka&Lazo...
I just hope she wont stop playing banging stuff completely... coz this girl sure knows how to rock it...

dirty_bass
26-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Oh christ.
Is EVERYONE just going to jump on the minimal thing and risne it to death now?

Miromiric
26-01-2006, 12:08 PM
yes.

killarava2day
26-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Full on eh?!

Always enjoyed seeing MB bang out a good solid tech set...umm, I've not heard a single track from that listing myself...is it techno?

koma
26-01-2006, 01:15 PM
yes, mnml techno haha
i only heard this zdar fella's track..its more of electro-something...

recent statement by nathan fake
"I'm playing at I Love Techno in Belgium this weekend, which is ironic, seeing as I don't love techno."

LOL
but some of his stuff is good...

ds2
26-01-2006, 01:24 PM
9 Lemon 8 - Model 8 (Lemon 8 remix)

wtf is it with this tune? hawtin's played it for a decade now all the bandwagonners are playing it in their minimal sets like it's some new school classic.

i used to love it aswell, still do, but couldn't give it away a year ago, now i get a mail almost daily asking if i can get it....

lets all sound like hawtin, very innovative. :eh:

sheeeeeeeeeep baaaaaah **** off

ds2
26-01-2006, 01:28 PM
"I'm playing at I Love Techno in Belgium this weekend, which is ironic, seeing as I don't love techno."

what a cock end. how old is he? about 20 or something?

the ****ing irony is he makes and plays techno but doesn't even ****ing realise it cos it's called "minimal" this year.

Buttman
26-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I noticed in some of her sets, and also in some mixes for d/l on her site, she sometimes plays stuff by croatian minimal duo Luka&Lazo...

:lol: :eyes: :lol: :eyes: :lol:

koma
26-01-2006, 03:11 PM
miromiric's secret mnml cover has been blown
damn

The Overfiend
27-01-2006, 06:29 AM
I'm so burnt to a crisp disappointed right now.
I'll be off to the side smoking a blunt while the minimal bandwagon passes by.
If you get off I might help you find your identity.

g
27-01-2006, 08:26 AM
i'm going country.

Dustin Zahn
27-01-2006, 05:49 PM
yes, mnml techno haha

LOL

I read the same thing. He's really young and that comment was pretty cocky. He's another one of those people who have something to do with techno, but deny all ties to it to appeal cooler and more complex. Very hipster-ish. Quite talented though.

A lot of people here seem pretty bummed out. Instead of treading old ground over and over and non-stop bitching, why don't you take something trendy like this and totally twist it into something you would enjoy?

And as for Barbra...I can't believe people are all that suprised. I totally would have seen that coming.

Miromiric
27-01-2006, 06:08 PM
miromiric's secret mnml cover has been blown
damn

"$"#$"#$"
now i am not as dark&experimental as i used to be in people`s eyes. but i am way cooler and trendier... ;)

Mindful
27-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey nice spats Miro

koma
27-01-2006, 06:19 PM
tbh, i only care if music is good or not
he/she can label music with this or that name, I dont care, if its good I'll listen to it, suggest it to others..

dunno, maybe people would be more musically creative when there would no names, no labels, they would simply make music they feel urge to make
right now, we have too many artists with "i need to make some record not to be forgotten" attitude

Miromiric
27-01-2006, 06:20 PM
minimal is so cool man, i m telling you. start listening to it and you ll feel cooler then ever

audioinjection
27-01-2006, 06:21 PM
minimal electro here i come....

koma
27-01-2006, 06:25 PM
minimal electro here i come....

..all over someone's emo haircut... :eyes:

Mindful
27-01-2006, 06:52 PM
he/she can label music with this or that name, I dont care, if its good I'll listen to it, suggest it to others..

dunno, maybe people would be more musically creative when there would no names, no labels, they would simply make music they feel urge to make
right now, we have too many artists with "i need to make some record not to be forgotten" attitude

Good man

xfive
27-01-2006, 06:57 PM

funny part is... even when they try that, 95% of it still is forgettable. (If not more)

Dustin Zahn
27-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Take Luka's advice! Before Minimal, I smoked an ounce of hash a day. I weighed 500 lbs. and was doing my dishes in the bath tub! But after I discovered minimal, I lost 350 lbs., I quit smoking hash, I bought a dishwasher, I've got a SWEET ski boat, and a REALLY hot wife! Boy, all this talk about mnml is making me want to smoke an ounce of hash again! "lol"

Mindful
27-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Take Luka's advice! Before Minimal, I smoked an ounce of hash a day. I weighed 500 lbs. and was doing my dishes in the bath tub!

Hahahaha

The Overfiend
27-01-2006, 07:57 PM
yes, mnml techno haha

LOL

I read the same thing. He's really young and that comment was pretty cocky. He's another one of those people who have something to do with techno, but deny all ties to it to appeal cooler and more complex. Very hipster-ish. Quite talented though.

A lot of people here seem pretty bummed out. Instead of treading old ground over and over and non-stop bitching, why don't you take something trendy like this and totally twist it into something you would enjoy?

And as for Barbra...I can't believe people are all that suprised. I totally would have seen that coming.

Because it's all been done before man, Gez Varley needs to come get his crown.

Dustin Zahn
27-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah, but then again so has the glenn wilson tools and tribal techno. It's the same arguement on any side of the techno spectrum. My question is, what is anyone on here trying to do to bring all those elements together? To be honest, I haven't heard a completely "fresh" sounding record since '99, but I've come across a lot of great music. It's kind of funny, I remember around that time period including 2000, everyone was bitching about swedish techno and how the trend was so horrible. Now people are pissed because Beyer and co. are doing pseudo-minimal stuff now. People will always complain no matter what is popular.

Sitting on the forums, bickering about the past, and shunning trends is going to make everyone dinosaurs.

g
27-01-2006, 08:22 PM

i think we all feel the same way. or at least i do. but you're missing the point. it's got nothing to do with the 'label', it's got to do with the tiny cyclic regurgitation of bad, passionless, pointless music. there's plenty of "minimal" that is good. tons actually. but we should probably start using capital-M "Minimal" since it's reached the point of fashion.

The Overfiend
27-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Thing is D I agree with you.
I'm not shunning Minimal because it's minimal because you know the borderline minimal house stuff I love.
It's the fact that people jump on the trend and devour it and it gets played out that much quicker. Instead of being appreciated like a fine wine, it becomes mass produced for the demand of the no identity scene hopping jocks who don't know the difference between coffee and sanka.

koma
27-01-2006, 08:35 PM
i think we all feel the same way. or at least i do. but you're missing the point. it's got nothing to do with the 'label', it's got to do with the tiny cyclic regurgitation of bad, passionless, pointless music. there's plenty of "minimal" that is good. tons actually. but we should probably start using capital-M "Minimal" since it's reached the point of fashion.

;)
actually I was reffering to Nathan's statement about performing at ILT, while not loving techno...

you thought I was defending mnml? nah, I agree with your words up there. and I have my laughs with local dudes explaining me how I listen to the same boring techno for years, while their mnml is fresh and exciting :lol:

Mindful
27-01-2006, 08:53 PM
I think this minnimal thing must be passing me by to be honest as im still listening to whatever looks and sounds good and havent realy noticed this influx of minnimal musicother than the disscussions ive read on the internet.
To me theres loads of good minnimal techno... Surgeon, Regis, Female, Ruskin, Ho, Luka B, Grovskopa, The Mavrics ect.
This music to me is minnimal but of course not the clicky cold stuff thats apparently about at the moment(not that I dislike this stuff either)

Just my thoughts on the issue

The Overfiend
27-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Click boop bloop beep
Bassline
Click dirka dirka boop water drip.

Eidolon is the only thing I've heard of this vein recently that was impressive.
Really Impressive.

massplanck
27-01-2006, 09:54 PM
At least its filling clubs and selling records.

I dont see what all the fuss is about. Hard techno bandwagaon jumpers complaining about minimal techno bandwagon jumpers.

Minimal is cool. But so is playing Regis and the latest Christian Vogel record.

I dont care. Doesnt bother me. Why should it.

massplanck
27-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Click boop bloop beep
Bassline

bang bang bang bang tsssh tsssh tsssh crasssh bang bang bang.

massplanck
27-01-2006, 10:00 PM
To be honest, I haven't heard a completely "fresh" sounding record since '99,
:shock:

what was that then? what record?

Stella Boy
27-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Click boop bloop beep
Bassline

bang bang bang bang tsssh tsssh tsssh crasssh bang bang bang.

:lol:

Dustin Zahn
27-01-2006, 11:51 PM
It's the fact that people jump on the trend and devour it and it gets played out that much quicker. Instead of being appreciated like a fine wine, it becomes mass produced for the demand of the no identity scene hopping jocks who don't know the difference between coffee and sanka.

That's just the industry for you. It will be that way for anything. For a minute, everybody went nuts on stuff like Drumcode. Even hard house DJs like Fergie hopped onto that wagon. Then came the latin thing, so many people went nuts for that right away too. The scene saturates itself way quicker than it can handle. I just take the elements or records I like and move on.

The funny thing is, people talk about how minimal is the big new trendy thing and its so "Berlin" but really its not as much as people think. Its afterhours stuff. Stuff like Misc., Tony Rohr, Oliver Koletzki, Trentemoeller, etc. is selling well right now and its all electro-techno stuff. Check out decks.de, the top 40 sales charts is mostly electroish stuff and not so much minimal.

I think the best way to go about looking at these kinds of music is asking ones self what elements you do like about the music. What sounds or ideas of the trend/genre interest you? What would it take to appeal to you? How can use what you appreciate and incorporate into your music and change your sound for the better? If people turn their nose up to everything so quickly, it will be harder to get good outside influences.

Dark industrial techno is a great example. I love the stuff to death but one has to admit the influences are a bit incestual. Everybody often cites the same names for past and current influences. In return, a lot of is just dark souless, drum tracks with pads and no hooks. In the end, There usually isn't a whole lot of outside influences and it shows.

RDR
28-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Come with me into minimal she says...

I'd rather go intp the bathroom with her and force her to not sniff the coke.

Same for the other minimal posing wankers.

i blame coke, makes people see shit that isnt there. Bloody minimal

Break out the basic channel records, thats how ya do minimal.

massplanck
28-01-2006, 08:18 PM
That coke thing might be nearer the truth than you think. But so what, coke went hand in hand with most of the music that came out of the 80's. Doesnt mean ots not valid.

Minimal is popular now well because people like it and lets face it its a change from all the usual kkkompression and +142 bpm's for 12 hours straight.

For the record i hate coke and own no minimal tunes. I just like buckfast and coool looking machines.

Patrick DSP
28-01-2006, 08:33 PM
all i keep thinking about when i hear that title is...
"come with me, tonight's the ni-ight, can't you see, i wanna be with you..." - "Activ-8" - Altern8

RDR
28-01-2006, 11:27 PM
That coke thing might be nearer the truth than you think. But so what, coke went hand in hand with most of the music that came out of the 80's. Doesnt mean ots not valid.

Minimal is popular now well because people like it and lets face it its a change from all the usual kkkompression and +142 bpm's for 12 hours straight.

For the record i hate coke and own no minimal tunes. I just like buckfast and coool looking machines.

You clocked that for what it is.. a knee jerk reaction.... trolling TBH.

i agree about the coke thing, but you could say that for all sorts of drugs... things that influence. drugs or music, people take their pick.

142? i've been running at 143 fora while now.. for the live stuff, it means i can vary tempo a bit more depending on the crowd, for no other reason than that,for production my all time fave is 137.655 and 141.8 for certain bass keys... but i digress. (thats a practical statement, not one aimed at the 142 comment- TBH i haveno idea what others run at...(

I like the idea of coke, but then i also like the idea of most stuff... except perhaps the venga boys...

the practice is hideous, so **** it. Drugs do nothing in the long term, only self process and self help. Screw the books tho' you hide nothing from yourself, not even the truth.

Whats the minimal truth? As a genre its strips down the elements we hear in music and presents them as aurally obvious, "Here is the kick, now have a hat, bleep - gosh its an interesting sound, have some reverb aflcited post clap early release and check out the velocity difference on the kick." P.S. start chin stroking.

All that happens is that as usual the real pioneeers of the music get lost in a quagmire of medocrity, served up courtesy of mixmag or the currentl scene they bootlick around.

So we discovoered minimal again, and look we even have a ****ing txt version of the name. Minimal has minimised itself.

Rant: End :doh:

and for the ladies

MNML DOES NOT live in my pants. :eyes: thats the distance between me removing your knickers with my teeth and your eyeballs rolling into the back of your head and 15mins of your legs shakin involunTARLY!!! YEAH!

teknorich
29-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Saying all minimal heads are into coke is like saying all techno heads are into ecstasy. Just a mindless generalisation.

Anyways, why not have both?! It always picks my night up!!

oldbugger
29-01-2006, 10:31 AM
its shocking how narrow minded a supposedly forward thinking scene is.

i love all forms of minimal old and new. i always have. and i'm not into it coz of my coke habbit :lol:

its becoming a joke now though with how many have jumped onto it. but its only whats happened to funky loopy stuff over the past 5 years.

funny how its gone full circle though, everyones playing quo vardis and lemon 8 :lol: just goes to prove they were qwuality tunes that have deffinatly stodd the test of time, and thats pretty rare in dance music.

but look on the bright side. it could of been schranz that became this big.

Mindful
29-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Dark industrial techno is a great example. I love the stuff to death but one has to admit the influences are a bit incestual. Everybody often cites the same names for past and current influences. In return, a lot of is just dark souless, drum tracks with pads and no hooks. In the end, There usually isn't a whole lot of outside influences and it shows.

Sounds great *runs off to buy atmospheric drum tracks*

Just havin a larf my man, you speak the truth.

Jay Pace
29-01-2006, 08:53 PM
I hate everything that isn't universally recognised by everyone as being cool.

The Overfiend
30-01-2006, 01:52 AM
I thought lack of ye olde yay was the reason for the popularity of minimal.

tekara
30-01-2006, 05:21 AM
nathan fake djing at i love techno?

He once said publically he was NOT a dj, had no interest in playing gigs, and was never going to be a DJ.

haha!

RDR
30-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Saying all minimal heads are into coke is like saying all techno heads are into ecstasy. Just a mindless generalisation.

Anyways, why not have both?! It always picks my night up!!

Wasnt aware i'd said that...

And saying media types who promote this music are NOT into coke is like saying.... [insert trolling phrase here]

And how does minimal music "Pick up the night?"

Jay Pace
30-01-2006, 09:55 AM
I like a speed I can shake my rump to.

I've seen places go off when the DJ has the balls to slow it down and get slower and funkier rather than harder and faster.

oldbugger
30-01-2006, 10:45 AM
i totally agree,

anyone who cant see how i night can 'go off' with minimal rea;lly needs to go out there and experience it before they can comment.

i have been at some really intense sets this last year.

hawtin and villalobos b2b was insane. nice groove. nicely built up rather than hammer and nails for hours on end.

Davin
30-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Hmmmm.............Dunno whats happening at the moment with this minimal lark but I certainly aint feeling it, first beyer does a mix for FABRIC which from what I heard was terrible (not the mixing, or the technique but the genre he was playing) and now Mistress Barbara wants a piece of the minimal pie, well I say take it and choke!!!
I've always been a fan of a the odd minimal tune eg: Sleeparchive, Jeff Samuel stuff etc. but at the moment the scene is over run with far too much minimal sounding stuff!! and to be honest I would'nt care but the majority aint even good, if it's gonna be getting played atleast make it a bit better, I just cant stand some of the stuff I'm hearing getting played at the moment!!! Sort it out Please!

davethedrummer
30-01-2006, 04:33 PM
sp'doink !

davethedrummer
30-01-2006, 04:33 PM
that was my minimal reply ;)

oldbugger
30-01-2006, 04:56 PM

oldbugger
30-01-2006, 04:56 PM
beat that for minimal then :lol:

Dustin Zahn
30-01-2006, 05:15 PM
anyone who cant see how i night can 'go off' with minimal rea;lly needs to go out there and experience it before they can comment.

You could say that about just about any debate on all the music forums across the internet. It's shocking how many people have an opinion about various subjects without actually having experienced them. Trent Reznor said it best in an interview about his new album, "On the internet, everyone's a critic about something they don't have a clue about," or something close to that.

RDR
30-01-2006, 06:20 PM
How do i NOT have experience of minimal then, seen as how you know everything I've listened to? @DZ - i dont pretend to know your experiences, stop telling me about mine.

I actually like Hawtin, but not at the moment... look AFAIK im entitled to my opinion on this..

I've danced to minimal on many occasions and i couldnt agree more that it has its place and there is some genuinley good stuff out there - I just find media obsessions with genre irritating in the extreme.

The one thing that set me off on this is a Hawtin mix i heard that just bored me to tears - an off night? probably... Talking to friends who saw him at cocoon in Ibiza last year and he was a massive Hawtin fan, he came back sorely disappointed at the music, slow ponderous and drab were his words..

As usual this is all my opinion - no more valid or invalid than anyone elses.. unless you think otherwise, in which case you'll be eating your own words.

oldbugger
30-01-2006, 06:24 PM
i actually only said "anyone who can't see how it can go off to minimal"

i didnt say anyone in particular.

i bet there are loads of people who fit that description though

massplanck
30-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Trent Reznor said it best in an interview about his new album, "On the internet, everyone's a critic about something they don't have a clue about," or something close to that.

He's an expert on the internet now is he?

Dustin Zahn
30-01-2006, 06:50 PM
How do i NOT have experience of minimal then, seen as how you know everything I've listened to? @DZ - i dont pretend to know your experiences, stop telling me about mine.

As usual this is all my opinion - no more valid or invalid than anyone elses.. unless you think otherwise, in which case you'll be eating your own words.

You need to chill out. Nobody, including myself, was directing comments towards you or anybody directly in this matter. I'm not here to tell people what they should and should not like, and I haven't begun to try. I was just commenting at how its funny to watch people talk so much trash about various records, DJs, artists, genres, etc. when a lot of these people have never even been to a club to witness what the music is capable of. This doesn't pertain just to minimal. All music forums on the net show this kind of behavior, not just BOA.

There's plenty of topics where people openly admit they have not been to a club night or gone out in a year(s), yet they can't figure out why record x works so well on the dancefloor or bitch about why DJ XYZ is so popular at the moment.

It's perfectly fine to base ones own opinion about music without going out, but somebody shouldn't try and pass their word off as law. Two bad analogies...I think Oscar Mulero is a boring DJ. I hear about how he is the "Ben Sims" of dark industrial techno. I can't give a 100% valid opinion on Oscar until I experience a set of his in the flesh. For instance, I talked mad shit about raves until I went to one. The idea sounded ridiculous to me and then I realized it wasn't so bad. Some of my previous feelings about raves were confirmed (it can be boring if you don't care about the music or the drugs), but at least I had an educated opinion on the subject.

eyeswithoutaface
30-01-2006, 07:34 PM
you all need to chill out

do what you want to do, dont worry about what someone sitting behind their internet computer 24/7 thinks about it and just get on with! seriously, this is boring. Iv'e been guilty of needless slagging or moaning about something in the past then i just kinda woke up and thought whats the point, especially online! what an awful business.

Thing is you cant win in techno, its the only scene that wants people to do well, and then when they are, wants them to fall down with as much carnage all around them as possible. It's ****ing stupid. What effect will Mistress Barbara have on your life? seriously, think about it, what physical or mental effect will it have that is going to really justify one moaning or saying how much they cant stand it? There are too many other aspects that affects someone's decision to play something that they are not known for, usually wanting to break their own mould a little, not to push electronic music in a way thats never been done, but in a way that THEY'VE never experienced or are getting into

just relax and worry about your own stuff people rather than what everyone else is up to

eyeswithoutaface
30-01-2006, 07:35 PM
that should be "what effect will Mistress Barbara playing minimal have on your life?"

The Overfiend
30-01-2006, 08:48 PM
A minimal one. :coffee:
I'll be outside with Dan he's holding my coat for me.

Dustin Zahn
30-01-2006, 09:54 PM
just relax and worry about your own stuff people rather than what everyone else is up to

Always an excellent point.

Mindful
30-01-2006, 10:14 PM
first beyer does a mix for FABRIC which from what I heard was terrible (not the mixing, or the technique but the genre he was playing)

You heard off somone else?

well i heard off you that you heard off somone else that what he was playing was terrible so i decided not to listen to it and dreamed of days when he just made his Drumcode stuff then complained to my mates about artist that never change their sound......it was mint

Mindful
30-01-2006, 10:17 PM
*runs off to phtoshop all last years Shranz jokes so that Shranz is replaced with minnimal, chuckles to him self and then carrys on with his own thing*

massplanck
30-01-2006, 10:47 PM
*runs off to phtoshop all last years Shranz jokes so that Shranz is replaced with minnimal, chuckles to him self and then carrys on with his own thing*

Dont be putting evil thoughts into me head again..

Although i do think we are due another spate of hilarious *diagrams*

davethedrummer
30-01-2006, 11:21 PM
oh great more diagrams !

hilarious :clown:

Col
30-01-2006, 11:54 PM

He once said publically he was NOT a dj, had no interest in playing gigs, and was never going to be a DJ.

haha!

i think he is probably more likley to be performing "live" but dont quote me on that.

personally, i cant wait for this guys album. i think hes a massive talent. ive heard a little taster and i was very impressed. i think the album is due out in march.

nathan fake recently said in clash magazine "90% of house & techno is shit" which is completley out of order. its more like 80%.

Col
30-01-2006, 11:55 PM

haha!

i think he is probably more likley to be performing "live" but dont quote me on that.

personally, i cant wait for this guys album. i think hes a massive talent. ive heard a little taster and i was very impressed. i think the album is due out in march.

nathan fake recently said in clash magazine "90% of house & techno is shit" which is completley out of order. its more like 80%.

The Divide
31-01-2006, 02:27 AM
I see the positive side of all this. There's a middle ground, a space to be filled. If you write techno at 135-145 and want to stand out. Now is the tim. I don’t see what the problem is anyways, checkout that perfect after club mix by Beyer, its interesting, based on ideas and concepts. The music has identity, that’s a lot more than you can say about your average loop driven track. I’m surprised people didn’t see this coming (imo)

RDR
31-01-2006, 08:24 AM

Chilled... out... now...

if there's one thing i can count on its BOA putting things into perspective... cheers peepz!

P.S. I like minimal, hate media.

RDR
31-01-2006, 08:26 AM
I'll be outside proping up antonio, who is holding dans coat.

Davin
31-01-2006, 01:24 PM
first beyer does a mix for FABRIC which from what I heard was terrible (not the mixing, or the technique but the genre he was playing)

You heard off somone else?

well i heard off you that you heard off somone else that what he was playing was terrible so i decided not to listen to it and dreamed of days when he just made his Drumcode stuff then complained to my mates about artist that never change their sound......it was mint

I actually bought it by accident and said "sure I'll give it a listen see what it's like" got to the 5th or 6th song and woke up at 10 the next morning thinkin' firstly bring that shit back and secondly tiz great sleepin' music is our minimal techno!!! ;)

Jay Pace
31-01-2006, 01:28 PM
DE9 closer to the edit was my favourite "fall asleep to" music for months. Loved it to bits.
Not heard the beyer album, will give it a shot.

Not all minimal is lullaby though. Think I'd struggle falling asleep to Audion.

gunjack
31-01-2006, 06:59 PM
isnt the new i love techno cd with abunch of shminimal on it this year?

dan the acid man
31-01-2006, 07:17 PM

i like it :blush:

davethedrummer
31-01-2006, 08:03 PM
dont be a criminal
get into minimal

:eyes:

dan the acid man
31-01-2006, 08:54 PM
its all too subliminal

SlavikSvensk
31-01-2006, 09:28 PM
it's inimitable!

koma
31-01-2006, 09:34 PM
and so original!

massplanck
31-01-2006, 10:21 PM
mmiinniimmaall

tekara
01-02-2006, 06:44 AM
OH MY GOD!

DE9 closer to the edit was MY favourite fall asleep to music for YEARS! I could never get past the 20 minute mark without passing out though

DE9 closer to the edit was my favourite "fall asleep to" music for months. Loved it to bits.
Not heard the beyer album, will give it a shot.

Not all minimal is lullaby though. Think I'd struggle falling asleep to Audion.

tekara
01-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Nathan Fake has massive talent. His more recent stuff reminds me of some old John Tejada's earlier works.....If he speaks his mind and says the majority of techno is shit, i respect that. He's refreshing to hear imho. Not really sure about his haircut though. Horrendous!

nathan fake recently said in clash magazine "90% of house & techno is shit" which is completley out of order. its more like 80%.[/quote]

Miromiric
01-02-2006, 09:13 AM
who is nathan fake?

RDR
01-02-2006, 10:50 AM
He's a copy of the original nathan...

RDR
01-02-2006, 10:51 AM
dont be a criminal
get into minimal

:eyes:

:roll: