PDA

View Full Version : RE: What does everyone reckon to Luke Slater these days?

Adverse
06-11-2002, 09:37 AM
Not my thing. He just played here last week i heard it wasn't so hot. Alot of people agree with you mark. he's just not the same.

krakp0t
06-11-2002, 11:55 AM
its been a long, slow decline since slater's days of clementine and planetary assault.

electroarse.

Esox Lucius
06-11-2002, 04:31 PM
love most of his PAS stuff, don`t mind alright on top, although i think he could have done better, i love electro but not really cheesey electro pop.

yeah beyer & henriks mix is excellent, love the voice on it.

miromiric.
06-11-2002, 05:11 PM
yeah, i love some of his worx, especially code warrior (that acid track is making me crazy). but now he`s gone for the money i think. at least that`s how his music sounds.

MARKEG
06-11-2002, 06:05 PM
Man I use to live for his stuff... Planetary Assualt Systems, Clementine and 7th Plain... Did anyone hear his last electro album on Novamute... I didn't really like it, although I love electro...

eyes without a face
06-11-2002, 06:45 PM
same mate

clementine and PAS stuff were amazing, beautiful music doth that man make! but his last album was imo a bad "im going to do an electro album so il make a really really obvious electro album" album. know wot i mean?

shud hear the beyer and henrik b mix of stars and heroes tho, thats quite nice

IvorRingingInMyEars
06-11-2002, 08:22 PM
Luke Slater is awesome no matter how you feel about his directional change. PAS was the best era for Luke Slater. In from the Night is still as popular now as it was when it was released back in 93. The Drone Sector (Pace Frog 75) was and still are outstanding pieces of Hard Techno. The Electric Funk Machine (Pace Frog 63), need I say any more!!!! The Battle is probably the hardest tune ever made. Voodoo another awesome tune!!! The Menace!!! The names of the tracks speak for themselves…

The list goes on and on!!

He has a new DJ set uploaded on www.dj-sets.com take a listen it’s awesome!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==