PDA

View Full Version : Funky Perc Loops...

DJ Corbzy
15-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Tips and Suggestions for this...

I want to make a intro consisting of a decent perc loop including bongos and that....similar to the one at the start of 'Devotion' wavetraxx mix...

Thanks Yall.. :)

Chris Hare
16-08-2003, 04:33 PM
experiment with it mate... for toms and bongo`s you get good effects using delays also use a fair few different hats and hits if you want to get a grove going . also loops are always good for that layerd feel as long as you eq them well, again experiment, chop ya loops up and try effects... :wink: go for ya nan!

Col
16-08-2003, 10:36 PM
i suggest messing around in fruity,

play around with a low, mid, & high toms and see what you come up with.

log:one
18-08-2003, 01:47 AM
mate, fruity makes it so easy... load up a loop in the fruity slicer, chop it however you want and then start cutting the low end...

Si the Sigh
18-08-2003, 11:37 AM
...yea, and if anyone knows how to do that its Log:one the little trance master... :P

Dave Elyzium
18-08-2003, 12:09 PM
try and keep everything offbeat or syncopated...try and keep the ryhtm from being to "on beat" if you know what i mean for that funk injection....

DJ Corbzy
19-08-2003, 12:48 AM
mate, fruity makes it so easy... load up a loop in the fruity slicer, chop it however you want and then start cutting the low end...

i getcha! :wink:

WEZ
19-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Defo offbeat for percs n hats !

Play with ping pong with hats , creates shagadelic fx !

Basil Rush
01-09-2003, 11:56 PM
Half bar loops sound more like trance and techno and less like house music sometimes, it's all to easy to take the full bar ofthe loop and be disappointed with the way it breaks up the energy of the chish kaaa chish of the clap hat combo ...

Sly One
04-09-2003, 01:21 AM
Both fruity and the reason ReDrum module have a grid pattern sequencer. Find yourself a load of suitable samples of bongos, djembes and the like (the net is awash with them), and get to work!

Create a one bar loop and set it going.

Find a sound that's like what you get if you whack the edge of a skin drum with your hand (the "rimshot" if you like) and program it to trigger on the bar.

Tock-tock-tock-tock...

Then go ape shit! Take one sample that you like at a time, and plonk it in some random places around the "rimshot". Then move onto the next one. Experiment with putting 3-beat delays on some of them and reverbing very high-pitched ones to create some ambience.

Stick in some weird noises as well.

Write it out as a wav, and you have your loop... or just write it out the sequencer... whatever you prefer...

Layer it over with some kicks, hats and snares and you have a ****ing kicking world-trance sound :)

278d7e64a374de26f==