PDA

View Full Version : ANY CHANCE OF LESS MOVIE CLIPS IN ACID TECHNO??

DDJ
27-01-2006, 11:54 AM
I love the acid tech boys but i am starting to think they sit around allday and watch American movies,would like more cult or alternative stuff mixed and who wants to hear bush at 5 in the morning??

Si the Sigh
27-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Huh? Theres lots of film sampling in acid techno releases. The only reason theres lots of Bush samples is because he's a cunt.

imported_sicknote
27-01-2006, 01:23 PM
heh heh, well thats true but i was thinking this the other day as well....try some samples from more homegrown sources...like scum or somink

IM THE DADDY NOW!....wow wow ....

Aratron
27-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I love the acid tech boys but i am starting to think they sit around allday and watch American movies,would like more cult or alternative stuff mixed and who wants to hear bush at 5 in the morning??

i totally agree with you on this point.
makes the music sound gay.
it make me you laugh for a few seconds when you first hear it, but people who want to have a good dance really couldnt care less.

DDJ
27-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Huh? Theres lots of film sampling in acid techno releases. The only reason theres lots of Bush samples is because he's a cunt.You are right mate but i would prefer to hear less comercial movies and more beats,why don't liberator sample Alex Jones(infowars.com)if he wants to get into politics.

dan the acid man
27-01-2006, 03:07 PM
if people who just want a dance don't care less, then they're not going to be bothered if there's a film sample in there, or which film it's from, sorry to be pedantic.

i don't mind them, i think it helps to break up a song, and a dj set.

xes
27-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Film samples are prelevent in all genres of music. Have been for yonks. To be honest,I don't care either way,they can be a bit cheesy when done to a death,or 1 tune gets hammered because of a paticular sample in it. But then it can be a good thing,if it's right.

*sits back on the fence*

Mindful
27-01-2006, 10:29 PM
I think the guys are just using what they like and want to be honest.
Who gives a shit?It works for them.
Go make some music and use the samples and films your thinking of yourself.

Mindful
27-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Sorry dude just read that back and it looks a bit confrontational when it wasnt meant to be.
Just my thoughts.

The only answer to why dont people use the samples and ideas in your head is because they are your thoughts and ideas(so use em guy)

Aratron
28-01-2006, 09:31 PM
jesus, im not tying to be an acid techno 'Simon Cowell' or anything.
Sometimes film samples work for me, like amphetamines and cocaine, the city, lethal enforcers ( no 1), at other times they can sound not quite right , everyones got their own tastes.

jimmy west
29-01-2006, 08:50 PM
right on no more american samples we should be sampling good old blighty clips may be throw in a bit of chas and dave and get some more cockney knees up samples with those 303s [ya cant forget the classics my old mans a dustman and the unforgettable il have a banana]

DDJ
10-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Ace beats ,naff voiceover.Seems to be ruining the tunes,in my opinion...

Aratron
10-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Ace beats ,naff voiceover.Seems to be ruining the tunes,in my opinion...

word, short ones arew ok, but i've got some talie breakdowns that last for minutes, crazy

Si the Sigh
10-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Tracks such as?

DDJ
10-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Maybe some free popcorn would be good for all the wanabe movie goers..

christian wagner
10-02-2006, 01:26 PM
If war of the worlds is ever used il cry! how many songs can that possibly be in!! (all music types)

davethedrummer
11-02-2006, 06:27 PM
and i just finished suf 92.2 with a sample from bambi in it too....
oh well ...back to the drawing board

maybe .....

shrek?

nihilist
13-02-2006, 06:49 PM
donkey from shrek2 now there's sample to use-- ARE WE THERE YET?

the_psychologist
14-02-2006, 09:40 AM
i remember talking to DDR about this, and we shared the same opinion. samples don't work well if they are rambling passages taken out of context. it's best if they have something to do with dancing, techno, drug use, etc.... anything is better than hearing a couple sentences ripped from the latest trendy American film.

personally, i never thought London techno abused this much. the producers seem to at least record their own samples much of the time, which is OK with me.

as bad as you think this scene is, try listening to full-on psytrance. arbitrary, poorly-produced samples abound, and they make me cringe with disgust. worse yet, they are used in the most obvious ways, typically placed during a lull before the bassline drops, and centered around juvenile "trippy" waffle.

the_psychologist
14-02-2006, 09:42 AM
PS - worst London sample ever has got to be that muffled, never-ending trash-talking session in that Geezer-produced Infected record. the one where some jilted woman insults a no-good man endlessly.

Si the Sigh
14-02-2006, 09:52 AM
That was on Organgrinder mate. It's "Don't Take It Personal" by Geezer & Parker. Can't remember for the life of me where that speech is taken from but its been used a million times in house / hard house tracks*. I think it's a speech from a drag queen. It sounded fu*king shite in "Don't Take It Personal", just did not fit the track. Shame because the B-sides great.

*Climbed up on top of me, the littlest dick I've ever seen, etc.

Aratron
14-02-2006, 10:55 AM
and i just finished suf 92.2 with a sample from bambi in it too....
oh well ...back to the drawing board

maybe .....

shrek?

The Wiggles ?

rhythmtech
14-02-2006, 11:04 AM
i reckon someone should do "podge & rodge"

nihilist
14-02-2006, 12:00 PM
rodge and podge is that still on a satelite channel some where? very funny programe

rhythmtech
14-02-2006, 12:28 PM
we get it on terestrial over here. they've just started a new chat show. pure evil!!!!

feckin scutterin gobsheens!

dan the acid man
14-02-2006, 12:46 PM
That was on Organgrinder mate. It's "Don't Take It Personal" by Geezer & Parker. Can't remember for the life of me where that speech is taken from but its been used a million times in house / hard house tracks*. I think it's a speech from a drag queen. It sounded fu*king shite in "Don't Take It Personal", just did not fit the track. Shame because the B-sides great.

*Climbed up on top of me, the littlest dick I've ever seen, etc.

i actually liked that track :( :techno:

nihilist
14-02-2006, 01:00 PM
GOBSHEENS indeed

DDJ
20-02-2006, 07:19 PM
New Smitten released,ace beats,totally ruined with the sampling in my opinion.............

278d7e64a374de26f==