PDA

View Full Version : Fowler Signs For Liverpool

french_og
27-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Scoucers will be loving it- their god is returning!!!!

macca
27-01-2006, 06:04 PM
LEGEND!

basslinejunkie
27-01-2006, 06:23 PM
cant believe it!!

macca
27-01-2006, 06:29 PM
still a decent player 1 of the best finishers still about its what were missin ;) he can do a decent job 4 us

basslinejunkie
27-01-2006, 06:32 PM
2 right,could turn out to be a masterstroke from benitez.

plus he'l get fit with us and work his bollox off,and hes a quality finisher

DJsmallpaul
27-01-2006, 06:59 PM
LMAO, WHAT A JOKE HE IS

macca
27-01-2006, 07:03 PM
LMAO, WHAT A JOKE HE IS

y??? dumb ass comment

dee
27-01-2006, 07:49 PM
yeah the cokes cheaper in liverpool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :upyours: :smoke: :toast:

dee
27-01-2006, 07:49 PM
yeah the cokes cheaper in liverpool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :upyours: :smoke: :toast:

dee
27-01-2006, 07:51 PM
dammm ittttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

macca
27-01-2006, 07:53 PM

http://www.phobics-society.org.uk/images/gad.jpg

http://www.ultimatetaxi.com/2005/checker_taxi.jpg

DJsmallpaul
27-01-2006, 07:54 PM
LMAO, WHAT A JOKE HE IS

y??? dumb ass comment

Well come on he's no where near the player he used to be. i'd be disgusted if i was a Liverpool fan (i know my mate is). Complete waste of money :dontevengothere:

I suppose he is one of your better players from the last 10 yrs so i can understand your blind faith in him

dee
27-01-2006, 07:55 PM
:lol: :lol:

macca
27-01-2006, 07:58 PM
ha ha wonder how longer it would take 4 an idiot 2 comment. money what money hes on a free transfer an no 1s sayin hes the player he was hes in the same mold as shearer being he can an will still score goals at any age :roll:

macca
27-01-2006, 08:02 PM
well up till at least 34 i reckon sheringham did it an so is shearer the only difference is its a player whos signed 4 liverpool :roll:

dj casualty
27-01-2006, 08:35 PM
i think he'll do a job for pool

phantomdj
27-01-2006, 08:41 PM
he has hunger and passion... and he loves that liverpool shirt.... so i think when he gets fit we will see a new fowler

phantomdj
27-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Rafael Benitez has spoken with delight about the signing of Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler and admitted that he's never seen a player happier to join a club.
Speaking at Anfield on Friday night, Benitez told liverpoolfc.tv: "My idea is for Liverpool to take one step forward and I think Robbie can help us make that step.

"We have signed a player with so much passion for this football club and I think he will act as an example to every player here in how much he loves Liverpool.

"It is a boost for the team, a boost for the supporters and a boost for Robbie himself. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player quite so happy to be joining a club before.

"I think it's a signing that will lift everyone who loves Liverpool Football Club because Robbie is a great finisher who can help us reach a new level.

"He hasn't been signed because he loves the club; he's been signed because he's one of the best goalscorers ever to play in the Premiership and he can score goals for us right now. He's got a wealth of experience and he gives us more attacking options. He's a different kind of striker to what we have at the club and that is good for the team.

"People can talk about having a lot of money to buy players but we've just signed a player with a passion and a heart for this club that no amount of money can buy. We are close to a very high level right now but with Robbie we can go even higher."

Numeric
27-01-2006, 09:00 PM
:lol:

all you Kopites go on about how your team are moving forward and then react with delight when the club brings back a has-been such as Fowler (one Premiership goal this season!! even is it was against Utd), it would be like Utd bringing Cole back, i know i wouldn't be happy...

if he turns out to be a success then fair-play but personaly i think this is a joke...

phantomdj
27-01-2006, 09:14 PM
if he turns out to be a success then fair-play but personaly i think this is a joke...

does this part not contradict the first part??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Numeric
27-01-2006, 09:17 PM
allow me to explain so you can understand...

i don't think for one minute that Fowler will be a revelation again for Liverpool, if he proves me wrong then i'll stand corrected...

phantomdj
27-01-2006, 09:25 PM
allow me to explain so you can understand...

i don't think for one minute that Fowler will be a revelation again for Liverpool, if he proves me wrong then i'll stand corrected...

it still contradicts itself....

think about it... if he is a revelation then it IS moving forward.....

french_og
27-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Com'on Liverpool have got nothing to lose here, they have signed a player until the end of the season. He proved with that strike recently against Utd he is still a great finisher and also a hatrick recently.

He is going to give it 110% until the end of the season which will only push the rest of the strikers at Liverpool. If he stays fit he can still be a great striker and he is still only 30.

Personally i think him and Morientes when both fit could be a awesome partnership, one thing Liverpool have been missing and maybe why they never had many shots at goal against Utd because they never had a natural goalscorer making those intelligent runs and with the likes of Alonso and Gerrard in Midfield feeding those passses i can only see goals.

If it it doesn't work out then what are you missing? Croach and Cisse missing chances??

macca
27-01-2006, 11:34 PM
finally some 1 with a bit of sense not talking out there arse like most of the ANTI liverpool suporters on here. since when has signing a player on a free a joke??? seriously! idiots ;)

Miksta
28-01-2006, 12:12 AM
I think its a good move, more players for a team that Loves to put on that red shirt of pool will do wonders, fowler/carragher/gerrard 3 pasionate footballers at a team they love will always bring confidence to a club.

It doesnt matter if hes 30, or if anyone thinks he can still play at high standards, its players with a passion for the club that most teams miss nowa days.

I personally cant see him banging in 30 a season myself,but for a free transfer its all good.

Will
28-01-2006, 01:00 AM
It's an interesting development and be interesting to see how he gets on, even though he doesn't seem to have had a very good time of it at City. It's curious they're letting him go on a free though, suppose they're getting him off the wage bill, but makes you wonder...

Anyone know how long he had left on his contract??

nick_anarchy
28-01-2006, 01:13 AM
this is coming from a manc , i rate him very high and wish he was in the england set up , i even wished we signed him , hes one of the best strikers england has/had the worst thing he did was leaveing liverpool and belive now hes back he will do a job .. iv got to say this and it hurts me sayin it but i fancy liverpool finishing 2nd now with him , if he gets back into the swing of things liverpool could be on to a winner

the only thing is i hope he goes pete tong

Will
28-01-2006, 02:44 AM
He used to be a top striker of course, but I suspect injury has put paid to that and he's a shadow of his former self, but we shall see.

french_og
28-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Of course he is not as sharp as he used to be but he can still be a poacher and if he gets half the chances that Croach gets he will definately score.

Also didn't Cisse this week get arrested for assulting his wife? Maybe Benitez has lost patience with him and needed an extra striker, espeically after that miss against Utd.

djfase
28-01-2006, 12:31 PM
One of the best finishers ive ever seen

DJsmallpaul
28-01-2006, 12:31 PM
ha ha wonder how longer it would take 4 an idiot 2 comment. money what money hes on a free transfer

Erm...how about 30 grand a week wages dumbass ;)

dee
28-01-2006, 02:44 PM

fowler could't finish his diner mate :lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
28-01-2006, 03:06 PM
was a great players now a has been, should stick to selling & buying his houses. i predict he wont do anything for liverpool and will sit on the bench.

macca
28-01-2006, 03:33 PM
ha ha wonder how longer it would take 4 an idiot 2 comment. money what money hes on a free transfer

Erm...how about 30 grand a week wages dumbass ;)

30 grand.... here we go forgot ur on the anfield board an know how much hes gettin paid :roll: an we can afford it if its true 30 grand is **** all 4 a player of his quality on a free. the end!

french_og
28-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Also if you look at it this way he was a player they brought up through their youth system and sold to Leeds for 11 million so 30,000 a week till the end of the season is peanuts.

macca
28-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Also if you look at it this way he was a player they brought up through their youth system and sold to Leeds for 11 million so 30,000 a week till the end of the season is peanuts.

;)

Numeric
28-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I'll be suprised if he even scores again this season...

french_og
28-01-2006, 05:38 PM
He smashed one past your lot 2 weeks ago didn't he???

Numeric
28-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, his only goal of the season thus far...

One goal during half a season is bad for any striker, even a has-been such as Fowler...

french_og
28-01-2006, 05:51 PM
He has only recently regained his fitness from his back problem he had a operation on.

Lets wait and see anyway....

DJsmallpaul
28-01-2006, 06:32 PM
I've just heard Leeds are still paying his wages. any truth in this ?

french_og
28-01-2006, 07:21 PM
That must be bollox, City bought him off of them, the only way that could be true is if he was on loan and he is not.

basslinejunkie
29-01-2006, 02:18 PM

i see you havent lost that great talent of talking utter codshite dee!! :cheese:

dee
29-01-2006, 08:27 PM

i see you havent lost that great talent of talking utter codshite dee!! :cheese:

:lol: :lol: thats a god given talent mate,and you know it :cheese:

nick_anarchy
30-01-2006, 12:58 PM
http://perso.wanadoo.es/jcuso/images/Robbie_Fowler-1.jpg

Hakka
30-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Robbie Folwer is a good finisher, will be interesting to see how he gets on. It's a free transfer for quality, so hey I'd be happy to see him sign. If he fails to score then so what, it cost you nowt except for wages. Better then Heskey & Baros eh...

DJsmallpaul
30-01-2006, 04:24 PM
LEEDS STILL PAYING FOWLER
Leeds have confirmed they are still paying Robbie Fowler a wage.

The former England striker rejoined Liverpool from Manchester City on a free transfer on Friday.

Fowler had a 14-month spell at Elland Road which ended early in 2003 when Leeds looked to cash in on a saleable asset as they plunged into a financial crisis.

However as part of the agreement which took him to Manchester City, Leeds agreed to keep paying Fowler a proportion of his wages, to make up for the shortfall which came with moving to Eastlands.

Leeds chief operating officer Shaun Harvey told the Yorkshire Post that agreement would stand until the summer, the time Fowler's contract at Leeds was originally due to expire.

Harvey said: "Our agreement is with Robbie Fowler and as such there will be no change.

"Leeds are not going to be relieved of any financial burden, the deal was agreed that Leeds would continue to pay Robbie Fowler until the middle of 2006 and that deal stands no matter where he plays

DJsmallpaul
30-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Told ya ;)

macca
30-01-2006, 05:17 PM

ha ha love tha pic :lol: :lol: :lol: LEGEND!

french_og
30-01-2006, 06:07 PM
No wonder Leeds are where they are now.

nick_anarchy
30-01-2006, 06:08 PM

ha ha love tha pic :lol: :lol: :lol: LEGEND!

init classic man

Will
30-01-2006, 07:32 PM
You have to laugh at how badly run Leeds were under Ridsdale, that's unbeleivable! Though saying that, I'm not surprised they're paying part of his wages, I suspected that was the case after Small paul mentioned them still paying his wages...

Traxx
04-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Bit strange but fuk it, he could still bang em in with all the play we get into the box nowadays. Gods home.

Hakka
05-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Although I'm not kean on Liverpool, I really would like to see Robbie start banging the goals in a again. He can hit them and I'd love to watch him scoring again when MOTD is on.

278d7e64a374de26f==