PDA

View Full Version : acid pro 6 out soon

aggressor
29-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Introducing ACID Pro 6
If the buzz generated at the NAMM® Show is any indication, the release of ACID Pro 6 software is going to be huge. NAMM is the International Music Products Association Show, and the big news at the Sony booth was the announcement that ACID Pro 6 software will soon be here.
Jaws dropped during our live demonstrations, where NAMM attendees got a sneak peek at version 6. Now a full-featured digital audio workstation, ACID Pro 6 software is music creation reformulated, with professional features such as multitrack audio and MIDI recording, comprehensive MIDI sequencing, and Mackie® Control support. You'll see this new DAW functionality graphically represented with the equation shown above, which uses icons to represent loops, multitrack recording, and MIDI sequencing.
[/quote]

findthesolution
29-01-2006, 07:20 PM
too bad its made by sony.

Mindful
29-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Why?
They make the Oxford EQs, Acid 5, soundforge and the Playstation.
All good shit no?

findthesolution
29-01-2006, 11:33 PM
I've had nothing but bad experiences with every sony product i've gotten my hands on.

Wega TV took a sh!t on me after a couple months of use.
Older-style PS2 fried itself witihin a few days of purchase.
My father's clie' PDA freezes.
And my mini-disc player suddenly just didnt want to write data anymore after a year of use.

I've tried acid, and I'm just not impressed.

MARKEG
30-01-2006, 12:10 AM
you know what i think guys and gals (jingle jangle)? give it chance. i used to use acid all the time. sort of fell by the wayside when ableton came out. but like with everything, don't knock itbefore you've tried it!

TechMouse
30-01-2006, 11:03 AM
I think Sony have bought Sonic Foundry.

That's all that's happened.

It's not that Sony have "made" Acid, it's that they now own the company that makes it.

findthesolution
30-01-2006, 06:33 PM
i hope sony didnt have anything to do with its developement.

Have you guys ever tried their media player? Its ****in terrible.

I used to use acid pro 3 when I was a noob...if it was available for mac, i'd be down to try the new version.

tocsin
31-01-2006, 05:56 PM
you know what i think guys and gals (jingle jangle)? give it chance. i used to use acid all the time. sort of fell by the wayside when ableton came out. but like with everything, don't knock itbefore you've tried it!

Nah. I'm gonna support the anti-sony comment. Every Sonic Foundry product that I used, once it became the sony version, got plagued with numerous bugs that came up during my use with very few new features in the software. A good friend of mine works at the department in Sony which deals with all the Sonic Foundry acquired tech and, when Acid 5 Pro was coming out, specifically told me not to waste my time with it due to the bugs. This is a kid who doesn't even do anything all the crazy with the software and managed to crash it out. Vegas has been shit ever since it went Sony. They've actually downgraded features in it. With the latest version of Vegas, I can no longer open and edit VOB files that I create with ****ing Sony DVD Architect. Makes perfect sense, right? I've never gotten their "import VOB" function to work. As soon as I open it, it crashes the program. ****ing brilliant. Adds an entire separate render process for me to do if I want to view and edit something that was given to me on an
unprotected DVD.

Anyways, rant aside, I don't see anything special about version 6 of Acid. I was joking with a friend about it and said they should have called it "Clonar." There is absolutely nothing in Acid 6 that can't be done with Sonar. In the end, it just looks like Sony tried copying all the features of the latest version of Sonar into Acid. Fair enough I guess since Cakewalk only became "Sonar" after they incorporated Acid style looping and some DXi features. But, given Sony's history, I'm really skeptical that it will be anything but a clunky piece of shit.

278d7e64a374de26f==