PDA

View Full Version : hearing the hardware!!

stjohn
30-01-2006, 04:10 PM
i finally got the money together for the cables for my esx1 but a few qs (sorry im thick):

the sound is being input via the soundcard.... i can see the audio but cannot get any sound....

ive gone to vst connections and the 2 channels are there. but no sound. im sure i just have to click 1 or 2 things. i oculdnt find anything on the internet either.

another qs too: is it easy for me to use the electribe as a midi master... so everything will play when i press play on it. at the moment i have

Esx1: midi out - > soundcard midi in, but it does look like its sync'd!

thanks people

messyfuture
30-01-2006, 05:57 PM
not sure about your audio, but you will need you midi out from the computer connected to the midi in on the esx if you want the computer to play back the esx. Also i think i read in sound on sound that you cant set SX as a midi slave, it can only be the master, thats if your using SX

hope that makes sense

stjohn
30-01-2006, 08:19 PM
yep nice1 messy! makes sense, cheers!!! ill av a try, just wasnt sure if i need any addtional settings changed.

its a messyfuture ahead of us all :paranoid: what with the cables and all!

log:one
31-01-2006, 05:22 PM
erm this might not be it but in cubase you have to press the monitor button on the audio track to hear it... its a little speaker logo.

stjohn
31-01-2006, 07:01 PM
nice1 log:one........ im getting sound now!!! cheers. its all digitally distorted though :( kinda like a comb filter on top of it!!!

any more ideas?

thanks again mate!

stjohn
31-01-2006, 07:34 PM
sorted that out actually..... it was a feedback loop,

with my soundcard, u have to wire it reason style if u want to be able to record within cubase, and i had that on the same channel as the esx1. thanks again lads...

still trying to get it to midi sync with cubase now!!!!

:scratch:

278d7e64a374de26f==