PDA

View Full Version : VSTi's with multiple outs in Logic Platinum 5...

Dave Elyzium
15-08-2003, 04:40 PM
....I'm using Logic Audio Platiunum 5.1 and I'm using the Battery drum machine in one of my tracks...What I want is to use different output settings for different samples so I can effect them seperatley..this is fine on the Battery end, I can select individual outputs for each drum sample, but I dont know how to route them on the Logic mixer??
i have used battery in cubase and it is easy, all the battery outputs come up on the cubase mixer automatically, but I dont like using cubase as i have got used to logic and find it alot more stable...
can anyone offer any advice on this problem?????

Dave Elyzium
16-08-2003, 01:00 PM
please??? someone must be able to help me with this??? :cry:

Jimfish
16-08-2003, 02:18 PM
i had a go on logic once and couldnt work it out... someone actually told me you cant have seperate outs on logic... dunno if this is true tho

Dave Elyzium
16-08-2003, 02:50 PM
something to do with "auxillary objects" or something from what i can gather.....no idea?

djTequila
18-08-2003, 10:27 AM
Been through exactly this.

You need Logic 5.3 onwards. (Maybe 5.2, but I never saw that one).

Basically the sequence of events is this:

1: Create your audio object, and turn it into an 'audio instrument x' in the 'cha' section of the parameter box.

2: Select your multi-channel VST or Logic instrument (EXS24) in the input box - making sure to select 'multi - channel' instead of mono or stereo on the first level menu.

3: Set up your instrument to use multi-channel output. The latest version of Battery is incompatible with Logic in multi-channel mode, so you might need to go back a version or two.

4: Go back to the environment and create another audio object. Set it to 'aux x' in the cha section.

5: The 'input' box should allow you to select 'instrument x -> output y'

6: Set your AUX object to mono or stereo depending on application.

7: If forced to use stereo channels on the instrument side, you can double them up as mono channels by hard panning in the instrument, then creating mono AUX objects for the left and right channel numbers. Of course, you can pan these as needed on the output bus!

Have fun.

Oh, and remember you can use aux objects to create feedback loops, and put things in the way of delays... Create sends from send chains... Generally f*ck about with the sound. They're fun!

T*

Dave Elyzium
18-08-2003, 11:18 AM
thanks matey :) just need to track down a copy of 5.3 now :(

djTequila
18-08-2003, 12:15 PM
It MAY be worthwile sticking on 5.3, as well. I've got some odd bugs on my 5.5.

Anyone got anything above that for PC? How's it work for ya?

T*

278d7e64a374de26f==