PDA

View Full Version : new dvd from jeff mills

koma
01-02-2006, 12:00 AM
c/p

Jeff Mills' The Bells 10 Year Anniversary DVD is planned to hit the stores February 6th, available from the Axis website, and retails for a resonable $20.

It includes the rarely seen original video, remixes by Jeff Mills and a Live at Sonar performance. In addition, bonus clips and features add to the attractivenss.

Conan
01-02-2006, 01:50 AM
He's releasing a vinly as well, purpose maker 20 it will be. It has the original Bells and two reworks of other mills tunes (not the bells which would have been interesting).

I think it has now fully ruined the tune for playing purposes for me anyway, and it shows how product focused Mills is at the moment. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing but that is what it is, another opportunity.

He's got axis gloves, pencils, towels ..... the whole lot and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I guess if there are people out there willing to pay for it why not but it doesn't sit right with me for some reason. Maybe because it's to consumer-y or maybe it's that it throws away all the attractiveness and mysticism that axis had. With the nice art work and the evil, moody music axis was pretty cool but I'm just not sure about this.

I'm open to ideas though.

The Overfiend
01-02-2006, 04:19 AM
I would kill a REMIX of the bells.

eyeswithoutaface
01-02-2006, 09:47 AM
wont be getting this, truely sick of the bells now and this is just another little cash cow for the Mill's farm as it where. I respect him still dj wise he's one of my fave's, always will be, but i think he's overestimating the nostalgia factor here. It's 2006 for crying out loud, something new would be suffice or nothing at all, its not like were all going to forget who he is if he isnt pushing release's out all the time.

Very product focused as pointed out above, a bit of a shame really but im sure it'l sell well regardless

Sunil
01-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Mills is a bit of a chancer at times... like those 'limited' "See The Light" records a couple of years back - an absolute rip off, and quite average too it has to be said.

At least the DVD isn't too expensive, although it is milking it a bit alright. I guess the DVDs are a decent profit maker for him to make up for dropping vinyl sales...

In fairness though just put out another few 'new' Purpose Makers and stop yer messing Jeff ;)

Jay Pace
01-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Has anyone ever seen Jeff Mills not play the bells?

We have started running sweepstakes on when he will play it everytime we see him now ...

Conan
01-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Fckin right , I would truely love to hear some new purpose makers. His last one the Devine Ep was obviously alot different to the other releases but still the quality of music was there. His last few releases on axis have been a bit lacking for me so I'd really like to hear something new.

That see the light thing wasn't great at all, you probably still have all of them in the shop sunil. :)

He did some pretty cool axis workshops in London, Barcelona and Chicago,I would have loved to have seen them. He was selling limited edition silver/gold records with the bells on one side and then two remixes of it on the flip. Thats sounds tastey.
Was anybody off here at any of them?

bigtimepounder
02-02-2006, 02:47 AM
i saw jeff mills play 3 copies of the bells on three decks, i nearly threw up. every time i hear that tune im like, for f***'s sake, whos put that on? seriously had enough of it now!

is it true about the axis gloves, towels and pencils?? i find that very amusing. whats next axis pee-jays??

loopdon
02-02-2006, 10:33 AM
I would kill a REMIX of the bells.

I have that and another midi file of one of his works if you are interested ;)

vinvanman
02-02-2006, 12:08 PM
I still love it , i'll never dis it cos its a true classic , end of .....

Sunil
02-02-2006, 09:58 PM
F

That see the light thing wasn't great at all, you probably still have all of them in the shop sunil. :)

Indeed. They are one of the main boomerangs we've had. Finally starting to see the last of them recently though :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==