PDA

View Full Version : ONLINE SHOPS VS STREET SHOPS, YOU CHOOSE!!!

DJPAUZE
19-11-2002, 04:16 AM
Hello everyone i thought i would start a new topic based on what i just read in a previous thread.

Do you prefer to buy your records online or in the store? I myself have been buying records online for the last 2 years from Tuneinn.com. I started to shop online for the fact that i was sick of the same routine in stores searching through bins of @#%$ and the store owners telling me that i had to buy something because it was big with other djs. I am my own dj if i like something I buy it, if i dont well who cares if some dj like mark eg plays it(JUST KIDDING MARK I KNOW YOU HAVE SIMILAR TASTE TO ME)

Well, anyhow, you guys get the picture. Lets see some good comments below and if you have a good record store in germany you can recommend i would greatly appreciate it.

Peace Out

Pauze

19-11-2002, 01:44 PM
If it wasn't for the internet, and now broadband, I don't know how the hell I'd get everything done. It's such a massive resource in my life and I really don't know how the hell I managed before I had it. As for records shops, it's a god send. I used to spend at least 2 days a week in record shops. Now I spend 0 days a week in them. I can get so much more done now and brouse through the track on a sound system I understand, rather than on headphones that the shop owner has purposely made crap so everything sounds good.

Long live the internet!!!!

John Vella
19-11-2002, 04:36 PM
I hardly ever go into record shops anymore. If I am DIRECTLY in the area downtown then I will stop in for a few minutes to see what they got. (Frank: I would find the atmosphere at a certain record shop by Young and College-formerly on Queen Street-you know the one-- especially high pressure.... When u-know-who dumps 1000001 records on the table in front of u and expects u to buy half of em. If he didn't do that I would go there a bit more often)

Yeah definatley I prefer sticking to Tune Inn as well as just ordering all the Punish, Heroes, Planet Rythm, Submission, etc etc from Glenn's wife directly.

-JOHNNY

z0ki
19-11-2002, 08:40 PM
definitely online...but still cant resist the occasional hands on

digging but thats only once every few months...

checked out tuneinn records....decent selection of different genres..but i always thought of it as a "progressive" shop..

check out planetxusa.com they have everything..and they are strictly online based...i find tracks there i dont see

anywhere else..(else = satelliterecords.com. groovetech.com, juno.co.uk..)

also check out sonicgroove.com..best techno store outside of germany..but no sound samples..

-z

DJPAUZE
19-11-2002, 09:57 PM
(Frank: I would find the atmosphere at a certain record shop by Young and College-formerly on Queen Street-you know the one-- especially high pressure.... When u-know-who dumps 1000001 records on the table in front of u and expects u to buy half of em. If he didn't do that I would go there a bit more often)

Hey johnny, THIS IS EXACTLY what im talking about and the reason i started buying all disks online. The guy who owns this shop will load you up with a mountain of his techno he cant push, tell you its good and throw a trantrum if you dont buy them. Its cool that you pointed this out.

Now since i have a great relationship with the guys from the store at Tuneinn.com, they put a load of tunes asside for me, and if im unsure of the records i can call the store and they will play the tracks for me. No hassles even if i put tracks back, they want the dj to be satisfied not just their pockets!!!!!!!!!

krakp0t
20-11-2002, 09:44 PM
vinyl market on 10th btw.1st and 2nd in nyc is good too. new releases section as good or better than sonic groove. no crappy trance, prog. or electro-ass either.

store in edinburgh: underground solution www.earcandy.co.uk kool place to shop if you're in scotland.

planet x usa does have the best on-line selection.

John Vella
23-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Hey Frank I never did tell you this story about that same record shop....

Well I came in back in the summer of 2000 asking for "WORQ IT" by Ignitian Technician on WEDAFAQAWI....

His exact words were "WELL WE HAVE ALOT OF STUFF IN HERE SO IF ITS NOT HERE IT PROBABLY DOES NOY EXIST"

He went on to say that there is no such label as Wedaqawi and I did not know what I was talking about.

-JOHNNY

278d7e64a374de26f==