PDA

View Full Version : souness gets the chop!!

lukekendall
02-02-2006, 12:24 PM
about time, the bloke is usless!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lukekendall
02-02-2006, 12:25 PM
sorry........... useless :oops:

djfase
02-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Hes not done a good job at any club hes been at

Esox Lucius
02-02-2006, 12:45 PM
awful gaffer, feel sorry for the fans of any club he goes to.

he must have been rimming sheppard to keep the toon job so long.

what you think about this hakka?

be interested to hear the boro boys opinions too :lol:

french_og
02-02-2006, 01:40 PM
I agree he is not a good manager but not sure anybody could of done too much better with the injuries there.

The defending last night was terrible.

Hopefully a new manager will change their luck with injuries. Who ever takes this job almost cetainly rules themselves out of the running for the next England manager.

Think Big Sam would be a good choice.

nick_anarchy
02-02-2006, 02:12 PM
hes allways been poor , liverpool / blackburn and newcastle .. tho yeh he did have a hell of a lot of injuries

djfase
02-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Dont forget us the saints.

He played that ringer if u remember after someone call ed to say he george weahs teammate

Hakka
02-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Well... I'm worried. It's not the best time to sack the manager, given that we are so low down the league. I'm actually scared we could do a Leeds.

Souness had to go though, he was never the man for me. I shocked that we sacked Bobby and very upset that Souness was appointed. Souness was going to be sacked at Blackburn, we actually took him off them AND PAID them compensation for him!

Injuries have been a nightmare at Newcastle. Who's to blame for that? Is it the training system used? Is it the players he has signed? (injury prone!) or is it bad luck? well... I think its all three. I don't believe Souness is any good at training or organising the players fitness (obviously in co-ordination with other medical staff at the club). He has signed injury-prone players in Emre and Owen, although they are quality players. Luck has not gone our way though, some players (Dyer for example!) have just had a nightmare. A fit and on-form Dyer would have helped this club so much...

Owen has been a disaster for us because of injury, he has to go now really because we need the cash if we are to ever buy players again before 2007. The club is £93 million in debt, we are on the verge of doing a Leeds if we don't stay up. Right now, the club is so unstable that I believe its possible to go down. We need a great man to step in and sort this out, I think Sam Allerdyce would be the right decision to have an immediate impact. If Newcastle can make it to end of the season and finish mid-table, then perhaps Sven, Hiddink, Le Guen etc... (basically a good technical coach). I think Freddy Shepherd is scared of going foreign given how shite Gullit was. Martin O'Neil would be amazing, but I can't image we would be that lucky. Another name would be Mark Hughes, who has done brilliant with Blackburn. I'd take him, but you have to ask why would these players leave? Bolton are in Europe, Blackburn are settled and doing well etc...

I was frustrated that Souness never sorted the defence. Bramble, Boumsong, Babayaro, Elliot and Moore are not top defenders. I can't work out Boumsong, he has looked great in the past, but how can you get that bad? It's scary that he will go to the World Cup with France!!! - Bramble should have gone long time ago, as should have Ameobi and various other poor squad players. We let Hughes and O'Brien go. They weren't great defenders, but they worked hard and had some good games. They didn't make grade A cockup's like Bramble and now Boumsong make. £17million on Owen? haha... we could spent £17 million on 8 x £2million on the best younth defenders in Europe and surely by the law of averges ended up with 2 or 3 good defenders. Owen would have only worked out if we did well in the league and got in to Europe. Owen will now certainly go. If we were to be relegated then people would snatch him for hardly anything (I fear a low value relegation clause!).

Tactics has also been a big problem for Souness. Newcastle have become the dirtiest club in the Premiership, I've NEVER seen us foul as much as in my life. Newcastle are the 3rd worst team for creating chances (when I saw creating chances, I mean shots at goal) with only 184 shots at goal and scoring 20 goals. This is terrible if you have players like Luque, Owen and Shearer up front as they can put them away, given the chance. Liverpool have taken 300 shots at goal and scored 29 of them. Doesn't that show that if Newcastle had 300 shots at goal that Newcastle would have scored over 35 goals right now? with Shearer and co having many under the belt? - I think it would.

I thought Souness should have been sacked a long time ago. The fact that he wasn't sacked back when Boro nearly beat us at SJP made me think that perhaps he would stay til at least end of the season, I got used to him staying. So his sacking today came as bit more of shock, I guess it had to happen... I really hope we can get a good manager in now or at least stay mid-table and sort out the best manager we can after the World Cup.

The Souness era is over, he can’t no longer harm the club as manager.

Hakka
02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
What is more scary is that Glenn Roeder is the man to help us avoid relegation...

:(

Will
02-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah, that is pretty scary! Where did he come from??

Hakka
02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that is pretty scary! Where did he come from??

well... he was the Academy Director at the club. So give his previous mangerial experience he has been given the club with Alan Shearer to manage for the moment.

God knows how that will work out, but all I care about is staying the Premiership right now!

Hakka
02-02-2006, 06:14 PM
he must have been rimming sheppard to keep the toon job so long

lol...

Well he's rimmed Shearer to stay on a year and Owen to even think about coming to the Toon, so inserting his tounge in to the arse hole of that fat cunt Freddy Shepherd must have been easy for him to get on with. Afterall he was getting paid thousands of £££'s a week to do it.

jam
02-02-2006, 08:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a legend,spends over 50 million (9 million on Boumsong hahah genius) and turns them into a laughing stock and then makes them pay 5 million to get them to sack him.I could ****ing kiss him i swear.

Ps Glen Roader HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

nick_anarchy
03-02-2006, 12:06 AM
bring bobby back i say or give sheep shearer the job hes true to the fans & club

DJsmallpaul
03-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Did you know Roeder can only be in charge for 12 weeks maximum as he doesn't have the nessesary qualifications to be a premiership manager. You Newcastle fans might also like to know that Roeder is capable of avoiding relegation as he did with Burnley about 6 years ago.

jam
03-02-2006, 03:59 PM
hahahahahahahaha

Hakka
03-02-2006, 05:35 PM
hahahahahahahaha

still above you mate!

hahaha...

jam
03-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Not for long

hahahaha

Hakka
04-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Not for long

hahahaha

Not for long? you boys are being hammered right now by the mighty Aston Villa. The score is 0 - 4. We are all over Portsmouth right now and its 2 - 0, Shearer getting another one from open play...

Not so funny now is it mate.

:lol:

jam
04-02-2006, 05:44 PM
no not really fair play i feel like a prick.

278d7e64a374de26f==