PDA

View Full Version : ever get this on new hardware???

stjohn
04-02-2006, 01:30 AM
the left channel is about 1-2 db lower in volume :eh:

i dont like the look of it, do u reckon irs normal? possibly something to do with my cables or card?

rhythmtech
04-02-2006, 08:28 AM
never experienced it. but then i've not had much hardware experience. not recently anyway.

is it on everything or just on a perticular patch?

whats the hardware?

Ritzi Lee
04-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Maybe you should elaborate more. I don't understand it?
What's your studio situation now?

stjohn
04-02-2006, 07:20 PM
well its not much of a studio..... :

card: esi esp1010
h/w: korg electribe esx1. with a L & R out as well as 2 additional mono outs

so far im using cubase sx2 as a host but the signal in cubase shows the L channel volume at a slightly lower level

in the sound card panel, its shows the same difference in volume, so its not cubase.! what ya think ritzi?

Ritzi Lee
04-02-2006, 08:24 PM
It could be anything mate.

- old cables / connections not optimal anymore
- it could be the settings in cubase, or in your soundcard drivers

Did you tried to measure another imput into your sound interface with your esx?
Did you checked the stereo settings on your midi channel if they have the same routings?

I'm not really known now with cubase to give you a solution. The only thing I remembered as soon as Ableton with Midi was available I've never used cubase again.

stjohn
04-02-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm not really known now with cubase to give you a solution. The only thing I remembered as soon as Ableton with Midi was available I've never used cubase again.

yea...this has been the phrase of the week, when i was asking people about setting it all up in cubase and the best way to work.

the cables are only new, but ill try it with a different one.

thanks for the help mate!!

RDR
05-02-2006, 01:08 AM
it could be the soundcard settings? +4dbU against -10dBv? consumer vs pro?

Stab in the dark.

stempelkissen
10-02-2006, 12:55 AM
I've a problem with the right channel on my korg esx being a little lower than the left. I haven't looked into it but I think it might be somthing to do with the valves. Difference in tone as well as volume.

Try running the non-valve additional outs into cubase and see if your volume problem remains.

stjohn
10-02-2006, 04:18 AM
nice one didnt think about doing that. (ivenot have enough money to but the cables involved for the other 2 channels.) i was thinking it was the valves coz sometimes the levels are blananced.
cheers stemp!!

its weird tho innnit..

stempelkissen
13-02-2006, 12:58 AM
No worries. Did changing to the non valve outputs solve your problem in the end? Y

You can always buy new valves for the esx. Apparently the ones you get with it aren't that great. Did you buy your esx new? check out www.harmony-central.com for disscusions on the proper way to get the best out of the valves in your esx.

278d7e64a374de26f==