PDA

View Full Version : Automation in FL!?!?!

jace
04-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on automating in FL? Iam havin some troubles :oops:

thanks

RDR
05-02-2006, 01:14 AM
Each pattern has automation available for every dial/knob switch in the pattern

When putting in automation in song mode, make sure you only enter automation into one pattern that has no notes in it. eg when you look at song mode you will notice that pattern 9 is call automation...

when autmating anything in a song, start recording into pattern 9 or whatever is named automation (you can rename pattern 20 and it will do the same job, as long as pattern 9 isnt calledthe same thing) and just keep on putting in your data...

TIP: right click an automated dial to see the automation associated with it.

TIP: BE VERY careful, THINK! am i in the autmation pattern for my song? CHECK.

TIP: if you start your autmation pattern data entry in bar 3 then when you right click and look at the data for anything you automated the timing markers across the top of the screen will be incorrect, they will be 3 bars out.

HTH

RDR
05-02-2006, 01:15 AM
PS, am drnku - your not, may be mismatch/

nova
05-02-2006, 02:04 PM
click the channel you want it on. hit record. move the dail you want to automate. yourll ntice on play back that the dail is moving how you recoeded it. the goi in view automation. your get a list in the browser of your channls. click the channel you recored the automation on & your see a little dail icon. click that & that will open up the automation srceen. than you can pull the line about how you want it. dodgys ways better. im new ta fl. but it might be some help to ya

loopdon
05-02-2006, 09:56 PM
press 'f1' for help in tha fruit. then have a look for auromation clips (fl 5 and above i think), the other method still has it's value of course.

it's a matter of taste i guess :rambo:

jace
05-02-2006, 10:45 PM
thanks for the tips guys.. ill give em a try!

jace
13-02-2006, 03:18 AM
the problem i keep running into is that, it only records 1 bar!?!?!

nova
16-02-2006, 04:15 PM
i had fl doing that to me. sure its not set just ta record 1 bar?

nova
16-02-2006, 04:22 PM
i had fl doing that to me. sure its not set just ta record 1 bar?

278d7e64a374de26f==