davethedrummer
06-02-2006, 03:35 AM
UR were playing alongside charles sigling from technasia
it was a split production
anybody go??

just want to know if UR were good.

eyeswithoutaface
06-02-2006, 09:02 AM
it wasnt UR in the sense of the full live show we got treated to a few months ago, it was a couple of the UR dj's just playing sets, but not spoke to Chris yet not sure how it went

Nymphomytechno
06-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Quite frankly, It was a corker. Anyone that missed it - although not knowing what they missed - I feel (not very but) sorry for. Siegling was the highlight. Someone dropped the Horn Track and someone dropped a track I cannot trace for love nor money which appears on the Richie Hawtin one world mix from Nov 03 (or was it 04?) that appears at 40 minutes.... If someone knows what this track is PLEASE tell me!!!!! (I think it was almost definitely Siegling that dropped it) - I was in mid conversation in the sofa room when I heard it coming in and quite rudely just bolted - mid conversation - from my chair to the dancefloor, moving people as I went, and then got a MASSIVE RAVE ON!!!
Fantastic night, good to see Sunny - love the hair and thanks for everything as always, Stretch (aka: Horn) Great night... Lovely (lower handwave) excellent to see you RAVE one last time and nice to see your mum and dad - thanks... gonna miss you. Craddolake (Was most happy to be at the Crad Pad, was a very good aftermath thanks for being able to seamlessly mix non-stop tunes all morning, your bed is very comfortable and it's a nice place to be relaxed on a Sunday morning. Respec' backatacha), Mace - massive phone wind up aftermath by Horn - made me laugh, Ry, Rupi, Omer (and lady), The Huk/Hoff, Joel, etc etc.... Great to see y'all too.
Met Jonny, lovely northern guy, don't know if he comes on this thread but he talks about Regis a lot.... Splendid guy, spent most of the evening running around with him and trying to steal the last copy of his techno mixes - I got it. But now I don't have it... ? Thus no email address. Great to meet you Jonny - see you again soon.
I then got picked up by my lovely boyfriend after the aftermath and got taken home and got EVERYTHING I wanted AAAAALLLL DAY, inclusive of the pack of jelly babies I've been craving after raving these days.... What a star you are Andy.

Can we go back and do that weekend again, please?????

dan the acid man
06-02-2006, 11:59 AM
haha, great post

Frank Dogshit
06-02-2006, 12:49 PM
sick as it gets night! really really blinding!

the venue suits far better than turnmills,good sound in there,big dark main room and plenty of room to mooch about in around the club.

walked in early on to catch sims doin a hip hop set up the stairs,stayed till the end of that then caught mark broom doin an old school set. really good,some class tracks thrown in there.

went moochin downstairs after that and caught the last bit of chris finke who was gettin things goin nicely before dj 3000 came on.....some good tracks. got pretty intense near the end droppin stardancer and a few other classics,joey b stuff.

was expecting more groovier stuff from suburban night but he started off really nailing it out. advent-tremor,more joey b stuff. He was far heavier thatn what i expected but did indeed ease off a little before siegling came on.

Set of the night without a doubt from Charles tho,mixing off the 3 cdjs,he hammered it! Loads of new stuff off his album thats comin out,Undisputed life,DJ funk stuff.....absolutely bolted it out from 530-6am! Was seriously gettin sweaty in there!

Nice to meet a few off here!!Paranoid 666,The lad who had cloakroom problems (stretch maybe???) and a few others.....nymphonytechno. Who are you again? I was the lad that came out with Regis crazy Jonny.

Overall...really good night! Club full of sound up for it people,which makes a nice change from past visits to london.

Jay Pace
06-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Cracking night.
Have never seen siegling dj before - boy got skills a plenty and he rocked it.

I enjoyed UR but they pissed off a lot of people I went with.
I don't understand how people in that position can be so sloppy. Beat matching just isn't that difficult.
Suburban night wasn't that bad, but DJ3000 was pretty terrible.
Fantastic records, well structured sets, bad mixing.

Personally I was happy as a pig in shit but met a lot of people who were struggling with UR. If you didn't really appreciate what they were about the lack of skills were a bit off putting.

Club was cracking, crowd were brilliant.
Bit of a sausage fest (where all the ladies go?) but a smiley one as opposed to a chin strokers nerd convention.
Looking forward to the next one.

knockout
07-02-2006, 04:24 PM
We were at split with our crew on saturday and it was an excellent well thought out night. Upstairs you had the "Essex Rascals" playing old classics from the last 20 years or so, it was a pleasure to watch the dj's having a fun time playing tunes that they love, Mr Sims scratching over various tunes was the highlite of the night for us, well worth experiencing.

Downstairs Chris Finke played one of his best sets ever which set things up nicely for Franki/Dj3000 who then got everyone dancing without having to resort to playing hours of monotonous bang bang techno, his set was full of grooving tunes and it was a pleasure to watch someone bring something a little different to the london club scene along with Suburban night who also played some wicked tunes.
Both dj's stayed in the club after their dj sets and ended up talking to many people until the early hours, nice to see top dj's not just taking the money and disapearing back to their hotel rooms, they looked more than happy to be playing at Split and hopefully they will return again soon.

As for the occasional slip ups on the mixing.......we know on good authority that one of the decks had a problem with the pitch control, this caused Franki a few problems as he had to hold the pitch control during much of his set to stop it slipping.
Technasia then gave everyone a monsterous dancefloor workout by increasing the tempo and banging it up to a frenzied finish, i can still feel the ringing in my ears.........

:toast: Big thanks should also go out to Chris Finke and Ben Sims for constantly doing their best to bring the best people to london to play in their clubs. There is not a lot of money in club nights at the moment but they consistantly bring top dj's to entertain us and they work harder than ever to bring something special to London when so many other clubs seem to only want to bring the same ol boring people to London to make easy money.

Tell all your friends and spread the word and support Ben and Chris because without them London clubbing would not be the same!

Sunil
07-02-2006, 04:40 PM
nice to see top dj's not just taking the money and disapearing back to their hotel rooms.

Nice to see Suburban Knight turning up for gigs! He stung Dublin a few times without as much as an explanation or apology for not showing up. Maybe he's not being a dickhead like this anymore though.

:toast: Big thanks should also go out to Chris Finke and Ben Sims for constantly doing their best to bring the best people to london to play in their clubs. There is not a lot of money in club nights at the moment but they consistantly bring top dj's to entertain us and they work harder than ever to bring something special to London when so many other clubs seem to only want to bring the same ol boring people to London to make easy money.

For sure. When I see and read the lineups that Split do, compared to say.. Lost, there is just no contest. I'm never in London but I might try and time a visit with a gig Split have on sometime.

DD
07-02-2006, 04:52 PM
i came over from belfast to go to this and was not dissapointed, had a great night and the crowd were well up for it.

siegling at the end was brilliant, most exercise ive had in a long time :)

can any1 tell me if mark broom was ravin it up downstairs to the right of the dancefloor for a bit cos if it wasnt him it looked really like him!

Frank Dogshit
07-02-2006, 05:38 PM
next month is

BMB
LARKIN
PAUL MAC LIVE
+ the usuals.

Deffo goin down again!

dtl
07-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Dude.... How can you guys post the same posts on here as on Littledetroit... hahaha, where is the love?

It was a splendid night, I did think 3000 might have had one too many or something, my two friends were digusted (Both djs). Then Suburban Knight saved the day, dropping some hard tracks sandwich with detroit electro... Then he slammed it hard....

And man... Technasia.... I didnt go up to the decks to check out his moves, but I heard he was on 3 CDJs, he definitely cranked the system right up and I was dead sure that I was hearing the set all over again on the bus home.

As for it being a sausage fest, I disagree as I was checking out a few ladies throughout.

1st of April is A guy called gerald and British Murder Boy and Lakin... A must go, but I hope they dont put more people in that place as it was pretty hard to bell it out on the floor.

Eric.

mattboyslim
07-02-2006, 11:26 PM
i remember the key being tiny when i went. can't imagine a busy techno night in there, but ir eally msut check out split again. its been way too long

Jay Pace
08-02-2006, 10:40 AM
It was rammed. Any more people would have been uncomfortable.

They opened up more rooms than the last split with Rob Hood. They had little anti-rooms coming off from the main room which is pretty smart. Top club, really good atmosphere, intimate and nice looking (mirrors and chandeliers?!?!) without being poncey and full of wankers.

There were about 5 blokes for every lady there though I reckon. Not that there wasn't talent, just think it was a bit cock heavy.

278d7e64a374de26f==