PDA

View Full Version : New Max/Min by Chris, Guy, K.N & DJ Cunt...

Si the Sigh
07-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Don't know the colour, sorry!

A: http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/maxmin50/a/
B: http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/maxmin50/b/

Both sides are pretty good, but the B / minimum side does it most for me.

Aratron
07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Max Min - Bullet Train innit ??? No colour this time.
Typical Max Min - you can read into that what you want ;)

tOM B
07-02-2006, 10:51 PM

in that case i agree

The Germ
08-02-2006, 08:09 AM
a side would go nice with pump dept!

sounds okay

Si the Sigh
08-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Max Min - Bullet Train innit ??? No colour this time.

Nah, it ain't Bullet Train...

analog tactic
08-02-2006, 10:26 AM
I was expecting a much better release being that it was this labels 50th. which should be something to celebrate, still a good tune non the less. I'd buy it when i land on my financial feet again.

groover'z
08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Classic Silver I think!!

Aratron
08-02-2006, 04:18 PM
shite brown i think

Aratron
08-02-2006, 04:20 PM
with one or two classic exceptions on the whole i think , Max Min has done nothing at all for the Acid techno scene imo, other than cheapen it. If i go to a decent vinyl shop , you can see the shelves groaning under the weight of unsold max/mins, there i had to get that off my chest . . .

i'll get my coat then

imported_sicknote
08-02-2006, 04:43 PM
:lol:

harsh...
but damn true. i always see either max min, pounding grooves or 4x4...dont get me wrong though...few tunes on all 3 have been ok...few...and ok...thats all though

just not my slice 'o cake

Si the Sigh
08-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Harsh! :lol:

But I like harsh, and if thats your opinion then fair do's innit.

Why do you think that though? I have to say some of the releases, ok, a lot of the releases in the past have been weak, but theres been some fu*king monsterous tunes released on Max Min. Swarfiga has never EVER left my box, and the 3 or 4 that came after that were huge IMO.

It's always been a bit of a weird label, and deffo more filler than killer.

Still to this day I don't think I've ever heard anyone play a Min side though.

They should Max it out all the time. ;)

Si the Sigh
08-02-2006, 04:49 PM

harsh...
but damn true. i always see either max min, pounding grooves or 4x4...dont get me wrong though...few tunes on all 3 have been ok...few...and ok...thats all though

just not my slice 'o cake

All down to personal taste at the end of the day innit. Don't agree with you in the slightest about Pounding Grooves though, thats one label I fricking LOVE! :blush:

4X4 is listen at home material for me, I've got them all to date and do really like them, but don't think i've ever mixed a 4X4 track. I find bar a few releases by certain artists I'd rather listen to the tracks whilst stroking my mini beard.

All down to personal taste as I said.

dan the acid man
08-02-2006, 09:03 PM
max min has tried to do things a little differently though in that acid techno genre it gets lumped with, which i respect, and a few releases have been really fresh sounding imo of course, but on a whole i can't say i've bought that many

acidpisar
08-02-2006, 09:06 PM

Why do you think that though? I have to say some of the releases, ok, a lot of the releases in the past have been weak, but theres been some fu*king monsterous tunes released on Max Min. Swarfiga has never EVER left my box, and the 3 or 4 that came after that were huge IMO.

i think si you don't remember SPUNK one
:techno:

min side on this one is great!!

:eyes:

christian wagner
08-02-2006, 10:11 PM
I think recent Max Mins have been really good, clockwork orange wasnt my cuppa, but limehouse green was fat, shit day sloppy brown was a bit cack, midnight black was good, and copper was excellent, both sides are offer something diffenrent. bit of everything on the lable!!

Not sure about bullet train, seems pointless having 2 of the same track on 1 slab.

I bought one in 2004 which was purple i think, and that was pretty cool, if somewhat different, its a very experimental lable tho, depends what your after tbh. if your gonna compare it to full on 303 squeelers then ya not gonna take to them!!!

tOM B
09-02-2006, 12:45 AM
i just can't get into max min, i respect the fact it's trying to do something different but can't seem to find a tune i like. I own a few and have never played one out so now i just tend to give them a miss. Raw i think release some wicked tunes but most of them are very samey, i really love pounding grooves and i can't get enough of 4x4 at the moment

Horses for courses innit?

Aratron
09-02-2006, 01:41 AM

maybe i was a bit harsh.
i havent listened to all the tunes on max/min, i just thought they sounded really boring mostly. i did buy Penetration Pink by Ant whuch is brilliant. i also thought that the sleeve and the cover design was unimaginative and boring aswell imo
amd i think a lot of them havent aged well

Si the Sigh
09-02-2006, 09:18 AM
I do agree with you when you say "I think a lot of them haven't aged well"

The production on some of the Max Min's is really poor IMO and makes the tracks sound pretty duff.

imported_sicknote
09-02-2006, 09:57 AM
at the end o the day its all about slices o cake.... :) you either do or you dont with them.
but you were right si in saying that max/min is kinda the techno you listen to at home stroking beards and all sorts but just not the sort of stuff thats really driving and stuff....basically acid techno really :cheese:

:techno:

Si the Sigh
09-02-2006, 09:59 AM
I love cake.

imported_sicknote
09-02-2006, 10:18 AM
me to :cheese:

its all about the cake

Si the Sigh
09-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Tell me about it...

I'm sat here with a pack of 4 fresh cream cakes and a coffee.

Top notch breakfast! :cheese:

imported_sicknote
09-02-2006, 10:36 AM
yeah the sugar and caffeine intake will have you bouncing off the walls by 10...

...all i got is a cup o tea and some crusty biscuits...my kingdom for some cake...lol

Si the Sigh
09-02-2006, 11:44 AM
my maximum minimum's for some cake

278d7e64a374de26f==