PDA

View Full Version : Schranz . . . . . . . .. . . . . .

jiminyblackbox
08-02-2006, 11:55 AM
I love my schranz, its what i play basically out & about and in the bedroom . . . . BUT i am finding quite a lot of the stuff getting released is sounding a bit samey . Have i overschranzed myself so that it all sounds a bit formulaic OR is it just new releases haven't been top dollar (very generalised i'm still pickin up the odd gem). What do people think . . . . . . . . .

Dave Elyzium
08-02-2006, 11:57 AM
i like my Schranz but in context along with other styles of techno...need to take the rough with the smooth - makes the rough rougher and the smooth..well, smoother.

yespananda23
08-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Some talked about schranz is dead.

but i think new blood is the answer?
at least its a question! :)

well i missed the whole "schranz is dead" discussion, so i cant tell whats going on.

schranz or hardtechno -whatever -24 7 365 please

DJAmok
08-02-2006, 05:28 PM
well it's true, there's been a lot of crap coming out lately.

08-02-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm a newbie to buying this music so I'm curious what you guys usually concider is good and what you guys concider is crap. I'll of course make up my mind but what is the general concensus?

As for crap schranz, I was pointed to the "schranz label" via the discogs crowd. Sure enough, this fake label was making schranz remixes of pop songs such as Billy Idol's White Wedding.... ugh :P

DJAmok
08-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Well, I can encourage you to listen to the releases on Artillery, those are considered top notch.

Jeff Amadues is considered "Schranz" by some "Hardtechno by others like me. Definitely someone to check out. ViperXXL makes some nice tunes, Waldhaus and Weichentechnikk are mad, Wittekind is always reliable, as are Boris S and Felix Kröcher.

What to stay away of: 80s Bootlegs and overly monotonous stuff with no idea or feeling to it.

waldhaus
08-02-2006, 06:35 PM
hi 1992!

it should be only important for you what you consider as good, not was anyone else considers as good! otherwise you could lack uniqueness.

what I consider as good for Hardtechno or so called "Schranz" are e.g. the labels Artillery, Crowbar, Toolterror, Inflicted, Protocast, r_Aw, Skull Tunes...

@amok: there has been crap, there is crap, and there will be crap ;) i think most of the stuff which is being released is crap in every genre... you just have to find the nuggets.

DJAmok
08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
True. Just a few years ago almost every release was a bomb. Now you gotta look for the good stuff. Yeah, Rude Awakening is definitely a name to watch out for too. Although it's 100% not Schranz.

Scott Kemix
08-02-2006, 06:45 PM
myself and pheeva went on a promotional tour to the hangar 1 in belgium last weekend, this was a wicked night, great music, nice people, excellent soundsystem etc. Not been to anything like it in years. As far as people saying 'schranz is dead' well from what i witnessed at this event it is far from it.
I think there is a handfull of people that are linked to schranz etc, but look beyond these producers as there are new producers comin through all the time

jiminyblackbox
08-02-2006, 06:45 PM
i would also put kremer in that list - his releases as mayhem man are generally some of the filthiest stuff i've found, however in sunny old brighton it has been known to clear the dancefloor! Natus n Arkus P rock it as well, have to agree with the amadeus call, love his chunk!

tracatak
08-02-2006, 11:18 PM
I believe that everyones taste differs....what may be crap to some may be amazing to others...i enjoy taking records that arent exactly my favorite and creating so called "tricks" with them..a friend may look at me and be like... HEY THAT's A "SO n SO" record "ARE YOU CRAZY?" ....ok sorry im making no sense..the point is...find what is good to you...no matter what genre it is....see what fits your style..dont try to label yourself as a techno or schranz dj... play whaty feels right....not what u heard is the cool new sound/style...i appriciate all records/artists..cuz i know how much work goes into it all.....sometimes its fun to play with records that arent your favorite and try to create somethign new with them..thats what i do..here in NYC we dont have it as good as u in EUROPE...with huge parties..etc..but it doesn't stop me from staying connected ..studying..and keepin my asss in the studio..actually makes me pretty fuk'n motivated..and inspired..

bottom line .....when im not happy with somethign i do my best to try to improve upon it. whether it be djing/producing..etc.....as far AMOK...RUDE AWAKENING....WALDHAUS..ETC ETC..and every1 else that is driving this scene...KEEP UP THE GOOD WERK..U KEEP MY ASS IN THE STUDIO EVERY NIGHT ......u guys so0o inspire me...all the way heRe in NYC..=)

killarava2day
09-02-2006, 02:34 AM
I don't think this scene needs an injection of anyone else...just not yet anyway.

Let the established artists, I don't know, release some work on some quality wax that sounds half standard on a good rig without having to rinse the gain in order for it to be heard over the out going mix?

The Overfiend
09-02-2006, 07:23 AM
I believe that everyones taste differs....what may be crap to some may be amazing to others...i enjoy taking records that arent exactly my favorite and creating so called "tricks" with them..a friend may look at me and be like... HEY THAT's A "SO n SO" record "ARE YOU CRAZY?" ....ok sorry im making no sense..the point is...find what is good to you...no matter what genre it is....see what fits your style..dont try to label yourself as a techno or schranz dj... play whaty feels right....not what u heard is the cool new sound/style...i appriciate all records/artists..cuz i know how much work goes into it all.....sometimes its fun to play with records that arent your favorite and try to create somethign new with them..thats what i do..here in NYC we dont have it as good as u in EUROPE...with huge parties..etc..but it doesn't stop me from staying connected ..studying..and keepin my asss in the studio..actually makes me pretty fuk'n motivated..and inspired..

bottom line .....when im not happy with somethign i do my best to try to improve upon it. whether it be djing/producing..etc.....as far AMOK...RUDE AWAKENING....WALDHAUS..ETC ETC..and every1 else that is driving this scene...KEEP UP THE GOOD WERK..U KEEP MY ASS IN THE STUDIO EVERY NIGHT ......u guys so0o inspire me...all the way heRe in NYC..=)

I got a nosebleed reading this.

Si the Sigh
09-02-2006, 11:16 AM
:lol:

09-02-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't think this scene needs an injection of anyone else...just not yet anyway.

Let the established artists, I don't know, release some work on some quality wax that sounds half standard on a good rig without having to rinse the gain in order for it to be heard over the out going mix?

^^^^ That sounds like the DnB scene. Thats one of the many things that turned me off from DnB... Total stagnation!

Please don't tell me the hard techno community is the same way. That "old boys club" thing is just completely lame.

capone13
10-02-2006, 10:00 AM
I like Schranz/Hard Techno, depends on what kinda mood im in though. I find it can get a bit repetative after a while. :rambo:

There's a few good CD's being released in Germany at the moment which are pretty good. :eyes:

Kid Lego
06-04-2006, 02:32 PM
I agree, there is a lot of bum schranz at present.

I believe the key to a good schranz tune is 1)simplicity,2)character and 3)rhythm..... but obviously still hard as f##k.

Theres a lot of schranz being released that boasts very little of these three characteristics which can result in sum dissapointing and unstimulating listening.

At the moment most stuff on 'Beast' records really wets my whistle.

koma
06-04-2006, 03:03 PM
new Beast (004) will feature Sven wittekind... ;)

theo_kouk
21-04-2006, 03:59 PM
It seems that schranz(what the hell is schranz anyway?) producers are depleted of new ideas. But this is natural. New sounds must be explored and mutate schranz to something fresh. Just keep the hardness and the rest will come :)

djfilthmonger
20-05-2006, 03:47 AM
i find that there is lot of deadly schranz abt. i dont think schranz is dead as it is hardly ard for ever. i ave purchased alot of good tracks on vinyal that are defintely top notch.... rob natus and sven whitkind,andreas kreamer,marco Remus r stuff im more fimilar with my self.....ooh yeah bested boys daniel gloomy record all them choons r definetly in my top but then again its very hard to find this music in waterford ireland (i found a few thomas Gee tracks with minial techno) ,,,, respect DjAmok,Pet duo,frank kvitta,viperXXl. skunch skunch skunch skunch .......

djfilthmonger
20-05-2006, 03:52 AM
just to add do ye not find schranz just takes that absoulte piss out of music . i heard a tom jones shes a lady track. sum choon . weh weh

koma
20-05-2006, 12:10 PM
just to add do ye not find schranz just takes that absoulte piss out of music . i heard a tom jones shes a lady track. sum choon . weh weh

man, you can find bootlegs like that in most subgenres of techno, in house, dnb, hardcore...wherever you want

djfilthmonger
20-05-2006, 01:29 PM
true but its as nasty as schranz

Scott Kemix
20-05-2006, 07:52 PM

or as cheesey as house, happy as hardcore, tracey as trance........ :lol:

djfilthmonger
21-05-2006, 04:04 AM

or as cheesey as house, happy as hardcore, tracey as trance........ :lol:

doh i always leave out the most important word in my sentences i meant to say
true but its not as nasty as schranz.

Adey
24-05-2006, 08:32 AM
paint-by-numbers spindry nonsense made for and by people with no musical depth. Its always been shit, just the drugs made it sound good for a while but there's only so long before you come in contact with real talent.

Try some stuff on Neue Hiemat, Scandinavia, Tresor, Planet Mu, Miditional, Null, Mental.Ind, Input-Output, Warp, Rag'n'Bone...

massplanck
24-05-2006, 10:04 AM
paint-by-numbers spindry nonsense made for and by people with no musical depth. Its always been shit, just the drugs made it sound good for a while but there's only so long before you come in contact with real talent.

Try some stuff on Neue Hiemat, Scandinavia, Tresor, Planet Mu, Miditional, Null, Mental.Ind, Input-Output, Warp, Rag'n'Bone...

:shock:

bold boy johnny. ;)

koma
24-05-2006, 12:25 PM

bla.

so, people listening to this arent into drugs?
LOL, do you want me to list all dj's and producers with releases on those labels (some of them, since for some I've never heard, wonder why) known for taking pills or snorting shit? LOL for the argument.

give me a break with that pretencious "we are above you" speech.
yes, there is lots of shit in schranz, but there are good records aswell.

kev
24-05-2006, 01:40 PM
yes, there is lots of shit in schranz, but there are good records aswell. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

kebabman
24-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Agree with Kev and Koma. Same as any other genre or sub genre you get good stuff and bad. Schranz has a place in the hard techno domain along with any other variant. There is some great stuff out there at the moment however whether the schranz bashers have bothered to check is a different matter.
With reference to comment made above regarding drugs, some of the anti schranz comments seem to be a direct result of taking too many...

djfilthmonger
24-05-2006, 10:55 PM
schranz is quite enjoyable drug r no drug. with all genres r sub genres there is sum mass producded shite. but schranz definetly brings out the worse r best in people. theres no in between r grey area. SCHUNTZ SCHUNTZ SCHUNTZ!!!
SCHRANZ DEFINETLY SCUTTING IN THE EYE OF MUSIC.
class!

dirty_bass
25-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Schranze is the greasy cock rock of techno.
Very masculine, obvious, and it`s no surprise that it`s mainly a young mans music.
I`m surprised the producers of it don`t all have long hair and wear spandex.
Still, this kind of music is needed in any genre.

davethedrummer
25-05-2006, 11:42 PM
schhrraaachhchcchchccccchraaaaaaaaaaaaaaanzzzzzzzz zzz

is great!

:cheese:

DJAmok
31-05-2006, 07:59 AM
yes, there is lots of shit in schranz, but there are good records aswell.

lately it seems to be mostly shit :-/

greg notill pumped out some nice stuff and the new arkus vs seema has a good track on it. other than those two, i don't think i bought any schranz records in the last 6 months

DannyBlack
31-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I love my schranz, its what i play basically out & about and in the bedroom . . . . BUT i am finding quite a lot of the stuff getting released is sounding a bit samey . Have i overschranzed myself so that it all sounds a bit formulaic OR is it just new releases haven't been top dollar (very generalised i'm still pickin up the odd gem). What do people think . . . . . . . . .

at the moment there is quite a bit of shite out there, you should check out new stuff from 'tripelvision' and any sandy warez stuff.

killarava2day
31-05-2006, 02:57 PM
There just doesn't appear to be be anything standout in this sound these days...I even overlooked an Arkus P. track that I heard the other day. Although everythig is starting to sound same o these days. So much minimal being released atm, stacks of it. I don't buy it though but if I did I'd think I'd either be complaining or rolling around like a pig in shite.

So Amok, who do you believe is producing music that you'd buy?

DJAmok
01-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Right now the stuff coming from Rude Awakening, Jeff Amadeus, Waldhaus and Manu LeMalin does it for me.

FuK-NuT
01-06-2006, 12:41 PM
aye....plus the Outside agency, torgull, terrorfakt, luke millian, jamie
ball, peaky pounder, even ely muff n tantrum are giving the techno
a shot...alot of the above could b classed as some sort o hardcore
but its all techers to me and ill happily use um in techno sets if it
fits.....

rotten
01-06-2006, 03:04 PM
amok: um ehrlich zu sein finde ich deine musik (mit verlaub) zum kotzen - geschmackssache eben - aber stimmt das, daß du deinen stil mehr gen detroitish techno und sogar industrial gewendet hast? diese nachricht hab ich auf dem tresor forum vernommen und konnts erst gar nicht glauben. kenne dich zwar nicht aber das macht dich gleich viel symphatischer.. hehe :)

DannyBlack
01-06-2006, 03:34 PM
schhrraaachhchcchchccccchraaaaaaaaaaaaaaanzzzzzzzz zzz

is great!

:cheese:
schranz is the beez bollox. its as simple as this... IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN DONT F*CKING LISTEN!!
dont be that man that just drops random negative comments about something you dont understand.

as for you dave, you are f*ckin A!!!!

FuK-NuT
01-06-2006, 05:42 PM
check this out , new releases at chemical records, at the top

Arkus P > Say My Name EP [Hochmut / Zorn / Neid / Habsucht] > Systemcalls EVERY TRACK SOUNDS SIMILAR...wank!

next

Bazz Dee & Marcel Cousteau > Einsamkeit EP [Einsamkeit / Einsamkeit - Matt M Maddox RMX / Tami / Aufstand - Mario M] > Artificial Beats > WOT WAS THE POINT IN STICKIN 4 TRACKS
ON THIS RECORD? WASTE O PLASTIK IMO...

Wots to understand??

DannyBlack
01-06-2006, 07:30 PM
tut tut fuk nut!! ya dont like it dont f*ckin listen!

DannyBlack
01-06-2006, 07:50 PM
"WASTE O PLASTIK IMO..."

unlike that rather tatty blow up doll under your bed?!!!
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!
eat my shorts man!

koma
01-06-2006, 07:56 PM
calm down, man...

DJAmok
02-06-2006, 02:15 AM
amok: um ehrlich zu sein finde ich deine musik (mit verlaub) zum kotzen - geschmackssache eben - aber stimmt das, daß du deinen stil mehr gen detroitish techno und sogar industrial gewendet hast? diese nachricht hab ich auf dem tresor forum vernommen und konnts erst gar nicht glauben. kenne dich zwar nicht aber das macht dich gleich viel symphatischer.. hehe :)

glaub du verwechselst mich evtl mit einigen der 160+ bpm Schranzern aus D. Pures Nonsense-geballer hab ich noch nie aufgelegt, mein Style war schon seit je her Techno mit einem gewissen Industrial Einschlag. Zwar ultrahart, aber immer noch Techno mit Flächen, Atmosphären und differenzierten Rhythmen. Wenn ich eins hasse, dann sind es diese überkomprimierten monotonen Matschtracks die aus einem Drumloop mit Moviesample im Break bestehen. Sowas mache ich dir in 5 Minuten, aber ich seh darin wirklich keine Kunst. Das Zeug ist dafür verantwortlich, warum Hardtechno so einen schlechten Ruf bekommen hat.

Zu unrecht, denn wie ich mit der CD hoffentlich bewiesen habe, gibt es wirklich anspruchsvolle Tracks in dem Style.

The Overfiend
02-06-2006, 03:31 AM

you need to cool it :nono:

rotten
02-06-2006, 09:06 AM

Das Zeug ist dafür verantwortlich, warum Hardtechno so einen schlechten Ruf bekommen hat.

jo allerdings! vor allem in kompost-haufen-techno-deutschland! ;)

FuK-NuT
02-06-2006, 10:51 AM
just giving an example of the current state of the pap u call schranz! not much
has changed in the last 2 years...so dont worry i wont be listening, i may
see where its at in the next 2 years but i have a feeling i'll b hearing
much the same.....i do actually rate some of amok's n wittekinds work tho..

Miromiric
02-06-2006, 11:05 AM
M:wann hast du schule heute?
L:am nachmitag. un du?
M: am nachmitag.

that was my first essay in german, made in group with 2 more students.

DannyBlack
02-06-2006, 11:32 AM
calm down, man...

ha ha! sorry....

rotten
02-06-2006, 12:45 PM

haha who is M and L?

DannyBlack
02-06-2006, 01:21 PM

you need to cool it :nono:

sorry bout them rather scathing remarks, it did come across rather defensive! when writing comments its rather impossible to express context... my bad!
:(

Miromiric
02-06-2006, 01:23 PM

haha who is M and L?

macan and lepi

djfilthmonger
07-06-2006, 03:22 PM
ha ha . ello ello wats this then .
hey prowler i knew ud be prowling around up to no good....i suppose me and the prowler we are sick people loggin into this deadly site moanin and groanin abt music.everytime i come here and see a chat abt how bad schranz is bad it makes me want to go in to me room a belt out as much schranz as i ave . because people are going to like something no matter how much u tell them its bad. Its called be stubborn as a mule. Most of my mates like house music i hate the stuff but i never moan abt it to them

DannyBlack
07-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Amen... was wonderin when you'd show up!!

massplanck
07-06-2006, 08:31 PM
ok sorry. Shcranz isnt shit.

It just doesnt have a soul.

ok?

DannyBlack
07-06-2006, 09:38 PM
unlike my shoe. that does.

The Germ
08-06-2006, 02:26 AM
sorry but i have to post this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/Thegermnyc/techsupport.jpg

DannyBlack
08-06-2006, 01:28 PM
:lol: you summed it up in 1 pic!! :lol:

davethedrummer
11-06-2006, 01:02 AM
well it's true, there's been a lot of crap coming out lately.
lately?

davethedrummer
11-06-2006, 01:04 AM
ha ha . ello ello wats this then .
hey prowler i knew ud be prowling around up to no good....i suppose me and the prowler we are sick people loggin into this deadly site moanin and groanin abt music.everytime i come here and see a chat abt how bad schranz is bad it makes me want to go in to me room a belt out as much schranz as i ave . because people are going to like something no matter how much u tell them its bad. Its called be stubborn as a mule. Most of my mates like house music i hate the stuff but i never moan abt it to them

i bet you moan to your mum about it though

DannyBlack
11-06-2006, 10:44 AM
no, he moans to yours! :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==