PDA

View Full Version : Which labels do you love / hate / like / dislike?

Si the Sigh
08-02-2006, 04:51 PM
...and why?

This thread is inspired by the new Max Min thread. :cheese:

fatcollective
08-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Love: techno records

Hate: R&B Records

Like: a bit of rock n roll, indie....

Dis-like: R&B

sorry to be sarcy but this thread will probably start a war and u knows it boyo!!!

everyone to there own innit ;)

Athar
08-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Love: All unknown, small, local labels releasing music in limited edition by mostlly unknown or not well known artists - love it! a lots of shared gems are there. Thays what i love the most.. seek and measure :D

Hate: Schranz Bootlegs

Like: many labels from around london/suf collective and from all acid techno/techno/acid trance world, still exist and closed labels.

Dislike: Speedcore, Terrorcore and all labels releasing music higher than 220 bpm (im not mean some hc labels), Cheese music, shallow and simple schranz & disco trance labels

and more more more ;)

christian wagner
08-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Love - Most lables on the SUF, other smaller lables as Athar said, who release phat tracks. I generally love music that contains an element thats never been musically done, which is what you can get away with in techno.

Like - Some more purist techno, i.e. adam bayer, ade fenton, so on and so on.

Hate - RnB - me & Fatcollective share same views! dont get me started on that crap.

Diskile - Uk hardcore or whatever its called these days, Gotta admit im not a fan of the speedcore route either, 150bpm music dont get me wet.

:)

christian wagner
08-02-2006, 10:17 PM
150bpm music dont get me wet.

:)

That should read:

250bpm music dont get me wet

:paranoid: :oops:

xes
08-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Right now I'm loving wahwah,and if acid test start releasing stuff like that last one,then I'm loving that shit too!! Also the Acid303 label's cool,and the Acieeed label,with the old sound on it is doing it for me in my more chilled out moments. Basicly,anything with a constant 303 running through the vast majority of their tunes :lol:

Wish I had the resources to get some of these lesser known tunes Athar's talking about.

Like Speedcore, Terrorcore and all labels releasing music higher than 220 bpm ;)

Dislike...I'm sorry,but I'm not really into the maxmin thing at the moment,don't get me wrong,they've released some good shit,but it's not consistant for me.Raw's not really doing it for me,the pounding techno,which just seems a bit void of something new,I like it,but it just isn't doing anything special for me at the moment.

Hate,all schranze bootlegs,appart from the out of space one,I don't care what anyone says,I like's it. And all RnB,hippityhop and chart wank.

Athar
08-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Wish I had the resources to get some of these lesser known tunes Athar's talking about.

Its easy >> just studing discogs.com, forums or local secondhand ;)

Aratron
09-02-2006, 01:46 AM
ok im really into : Routemaster . Pounding Grooves. Powertools. Squat/Amadeus. Some Schranz Robert Natus, Andreas Kremer

im starting to really get into Skankadelic and Glitch

and i think RTB is a total god aswell.

imported_sicknote
09-02-2006, 10:11 AM
love : all the classics, suf, routemaster, smitten as well as harder techno and some of the smaller unknown but very good tunes out there.

hate : chart music, sucks big donkey balls ...and r&b

like : some of the newer acid techno coming out these days, wah wah etc

dislike : max/min really heh heh...other boring techno labels that just dont cut it with me

its all about the cake...

Si the Sigh
09-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Cakes good. :cheese:

Aratron
11-02-2006, 01:30 PM
er forgot to say MOBILE DOGWASH aswell
and Hydraulix ( wot can you say about this label . . . words fail me )

davethedrummer
11-02-2006, 06:23 PM
like : everything
hate : everything

Aratron
11-02-2006, 06:32 PM

nothing like sitting on the fence is there . . . ;)

Aratron
11-02-2006, 06:36 PM

nothing like sitting on the fence is there . . . ;)

typical Libra

parsley909
12-02-2006, 09:51 PM
never got into Yolk what so ever it just dont clcik with me!

or just aint my style like it tougher and grittyer

278d7e64a374de26f==