PDA

View Full Version : Holotropik - Greed

holotropik
12-02-2006, 06:56 AM
something i finished recently...

http://www.holotropik.com/Music/Greed_by_holotropik.mp3

Greed feeds on itself and destroys itself and everything it touches until balance is restored.....

Made using hardware only.

Evil G
14-02-2006, 11:06 PM
some cool parts in this. i especially like the part at about 4:30, which reminds me a bit of old, old, old ministry.

holotropik
15-02-2006, 03:53 AM
thankx Evil.
loved my ministry back in the day....wish i still had that album with "jesus built my hot-rod".

dirty_bass
15-02-2006, 06:38 PM
I like it.
Production needs some work, but yeah, it`s got that early ministry vibe.
A set of stuff like this would go down really well in some industrial clubs.

machina
16-02-2006, 05:00 AM
thankx Evil.
loved my ministry back in the day....wish i still had that album with "jesus built my hot-rod".

i've still got it. come down from that hippy haven of yours and i'll even lend it to ya :)

i like it too... sounds a little less, um, rounded? perhaps is the word i'm looking for than your normal stuff... obviously it's not meant to sound clean but it doesn't sound 'clean'.... um if you know what i mean... i highly doubt that you do... :eh: :roll:

machina

Evil G
16-02-2006, 05:21 AM
thankx Evil.

i've still got it. come down from that hippy haven of yours and i'll even lend it to ya :)

i like it too... sounds a little less, um, rounded? perhaps is the word i'm looking for than your normal stuff... obviously it's not meant to sound clean but it doesn't sound 'clean'.... um if you know what i mean... i highly doubt that you do... :eh: :roll:

machina

well to my ear it does sound quite raw: hardware without too much processing. is that what you mean?

machina
16-02-2006, 05:35 AM
i guess so... i guess the lack of processing is really evident - not really a bad thing, but i guess i reckon it could do with a nice finishing compressor on it or something as part of the mastering process... gave it another listen and it's definately a grower though :-)

machina

holotropik
16-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Thankx chaps.
I just finished spending the day with this track making a better production, cutting back the length and reducing the clutter.
Next I will process it and see what I can do.
I did leave it pretty rough, but, having let it sit for a few days I think its too rough so I have spent some time clearing things up and using a few notch filters etc. I cleaned the bottom end up too. It sounds much better now.

I will put a link up over the w'end.

Thanks again for listening ;)

AcidTrash
16-02-2006, 07:48 PM
I like it

xfive
16-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Cool tune.. let's see how the cleaner one sounds :)

holotropik
17-02-2006, 05:33 AM
I noticed a couple of things that went wrong with this track which is why its durty...

I had my monitor sub too low
I over compressed/dynamics the track which made it bleed like a stuck pig.
I have fixed and will let my ears rest now and post up over the weekend.

Cheers,
Glen.

BloodStar
18-02-2006, 10:32 AM
this one starts nicely rough.. like the pounding bass.it sounds warm and promising,,that vocal is also great.. like the reso pad and little grooves you add after while.. production part of thing sounds nice,but you will need to work on it little bit,. like this...

holotropik
19-02-2006, 01:39 AM
OK....after much wrestling with this I came up with this...

http://www.holotropik.com/Music/Greed_by_holotropik_edit2.mp3

Is it any better...?
I used a different comp
Re-worked the layout - made it shorter.

Cheers,
Glen.

Jay Pace
21-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Its better, but you've lost something along the way.

Like the tune, but kinda liked the raw feeling it had before. Have you been savage with your eqs? Feels like its lost some of the elements.

Good stuff though, loads of really interesting elements.

fresh_an_funky_design
21-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I personally prefer the orginal. Its got a really nice 'real' feal to it. Good tune though. Cant comment on production as i listened on lap top speakers.

holotropik
22-02-2006, 10:31 PM
thankx chaps...

Aint it always hard to get it 'right' :)
I am glad you like the tune, I always try to put in new ideas and concepts rather than just churn out similar stuff to whats hot right now.

Cheers,
Glen.

278d7e64a374de26f==