PDA

View Full Version : anyone have 909 sync problems?

tekara
14-02-2006, 03:00 AM
arghhhhh

this 909 sounds so sweet, but its causing havoc with cubase sx3

anyone know what issues will cause the 2 to not sync properly? Does anyone have any experience with Cubase/909 and can afford to offer me the remedy to this......im sooooooooooo stressed!!!

auditory hallucinations
14-02-2006, 07:54 AM
get ableton live!!! it syncs in no problem...

the reason i got ableton was because sx 2 didn't have the option to sync to an external clock - so has this been fixed in sx3? sounds like it doesn't work very well though...

might be worth messing around with your soundcard settings

RDR
14-02-2006, 08:07 AM
The MIDI clock implimentation on the 909 was VERY bad.

rhythmtech
14-02-2006, 09:17 AM
doesnt that problem only exist if used in pattern mode?

tekara
14-02-2006, 06:26 PM
thank you for the suggestion!

I havent tried to load it into ableton yet......i assume you mean to cut out cubase completely out of the picture and just just master with live and slave with 909.....

im not a very big fan of the live sequencer, but i guess how i can work around this to write all my drums first in ableton and sync it to a bpm, then bounce as audio files, then turn off ableton and load up cubase and match the bpm to what i previously wrote in ableton and jam from there....it is definately an option. I have actually never thought about this before, but is it possible to slave sx3 to ableton?

thx

get ableton live!!! it syncs in no problem...

the reason i got ableton was because sx 2 didn't have the option to sync to an external clock - so has this been fixed in sx3? sounds like it doesn't work very well though...

might be worth messing around with your soundcard settings

tekara
14-02-2006, 06:29 PM
would writing the pattern in 'pattern mode' and actually playing the pattern in a different mode make a difference? Yah the midi clock on this machine is terrible.....I really like the simple sequencer on this thing and i find if i just take the shortcut and hook everything up through midi and draw in the notes manually in cubase i will be cutting myself off from a great feature of the 909. Theres something about programming grooves on this thing that i cant seem to replicate with my sampler even when i put my notes exactly on the same step as what i had on my 909.

Im interesting in maybe getting a MSY2 from doepfer.......not sure if the midi to din sync conversion will work though =/

tekara
15-02-2006, 04:27 AM

rhythm which mode do you suggest me to set it on?

thx

rhythmtech
15-02-2006, 12:53 PM
i was thinking drawing into the sequencer but as you mentioned above you want to be able to use the pattern mode.

auditory hallucinations
15-02-2006, 01:30 PM
re using live, have the 909 as master and live as slave...mess around with the sync delay config in live and you can get it pretty tight

so live will lock in when you hit start on the 909, and will also very kindly time-strecth all your audio loops to fit the 909 tempo

tekara
15-02-2006, 06:06 PM
thanks auditory! i'll check on that when i get home....

out of curiosity, if i slave live to the 909,. i assume i could no longer slave live to ubase as well right? The setup you described above completely cuts cubase sx out of the equation right?

If so, that kinda sucks as i just bought SX3 and its all i know how to use inside out......guess i cant have everything right!

auditory hallucinations
16-02-2006, 12:05 PM
yeh i think that if you clock live to the 909, then it won't also slave to cubase - either or, i'm afraid

i can understand how you feel, but it was the opposite that happened to me. i discovered that cubase sx2 wouldn't slave to midi clock only after i got my 909 home, so i had to buy live instead

but it's all cool because i much prefer using live now anyway, don't miss cubase at all

hope u get it all sorted

278d7e64a374de26f==