PDA

View Full Version : HELP! my computer is pulling a wrongun!

Jimfish
19-08-2003, 12:01 PM
My music pc is ****ed

it started when i reset the pc there would be no 'beep' when it started up and the screen woudlnt come on. Also the power off button did nothing when it was like this. If i unplugged it for a while it seemed to switch on again, but whenever i retsrted i got this problem..

Now im getting nothing. I switch the computer on and i get no 'beep' and the monitor doesnt come on. The power button wont turn off either so i have to unlpug it.

Anybody know wot this could be??

Si the Sigh
19-08-2003, 12:16 PM
No idea? Get a Mac instead.

EmotionComplex
22-08-2003, 07:24 AM
id try a format first mate then youll know if its software related, but i had a similar problem a while back and it was pissin me off for months till i replaced my graphic card and it stopped, then i swaped it back to check and it started again, if uve added anyhardware recently id check that out if the format doesnt fix it

EmotionComplex
22-08-2003, 07:30 AM
ah sorry, didnt read ur post properly (it wont actually come on now)

things id check

:open the case and turn it on and make suer the cpu fan is rotating (anything blocking it)

:unplug any drives/cd roms etc that u dont need (inase the psu is knackerd and it isnt generating enough power)

:change the psu cable/any extension leads, double adaptors u might be using

MARKEG
04-09-2003, 12:01 AM
like with most pc probs... YOU are the only one that can find the answer.. trial and error mate..

I'd reinstall the OS and buy (....) norton ghost.

WEZ
04-09-2003, 12:39 AM
If the screen ain working , take side off machine , take out Gcard , take a deep breath or get vaccume out and suck or blow away all the shit , put card back in , hey presto ! maybe !

WEZ
04-09-2003, 12:41 AM
Start her up in safe mode if poss , then chaeck yer event viewr in Admin properties to see what going wrong !

Check bios , load fail safe settings !

Loads of things you could try !

format as last resort

!

Dan.T.
04-09-2003, 09:19 AM
Slightly off topic but.... Mark, whats norton Ghost? I have a few other norton products and I'd swear by them...

Jimfish
04-09-2003, 04:56 PM
no it literally wont boot, i cant get into bios, windows... nothing
ive tried replacing the graphics card... still nothing

ive been without the ability to make tunes for 2 weeks now..
and ive done all the little jobs i should have done in the last year, even found all my missing socks, but now its getting ridiculous..

Jimfish
04-09-2003, 04:57 PM
anyways, i just thought **** it and ordered a new power supply and motherboard.. it has to be one of those!

WEZ
04-09-2003, 04:57 PM
cant even start her up , ????

Hmmmmmmm , could be many things , crack solder , board battery gone , dodgy power , loads of things !

278d7e64a374de26f==