PDA

View Full Version : FIREFLY, NOTTINGHAM 25.2.06 ROB HOOD!

mattboyslim
14-02-2006, 11:24 PM
FIREFLY @ THE BALLROOM (MARCUS GARVEY), LENTON, NOTTINGHAM

SATURDAY 25TH FEB 2006

ROBERT HOOD (M-PLANT/CO-FOUNDER UNDERGROUND RESITANCE)

::Founding member of Underground Resistancealong with Jeff Mills and 'Mad' Mike Banks, his seminal works on Mills's Axis and his own M-Plant imprint paved the way for a wave of stripped down dancefloor minimalism that directed much of Techno's path throughout the late 90s. Over to Rob: ''M-Plant is what i've always wanted to hear. The basic stripped down, raw sound. Just Drums, Basslines and Funky grooves and only what's essential to make people move. I started to look at is as a science. The art of making people move their butts."::

FERGIE (RADIO 1 WWW.DJFERGIE.CO.UK)

::Fergie needs little introduction. From cutting his teeth DJ-ing in Irish clubs at the age of 14, making his name on the Hard House scene with the late Tony De Vit at clubs like Trade and Sundissential, to the ranks today of Radio 1 DJ with his more Techno fuelled style, Fergie has played at and supported Firefly on numerous occasions. Chalk another one up - guaranteed to be as good as the others::

GENERAL MIDI (DISTINCTIVE)

::Paul Crossman AKA General Midi emerged from the backrooms of the Bristol club scene with a slick ability and ear for a great tune giving him regular appearances at breaks hotspots such as Chew The Fat, Fabric, Blowpop, Zouk (Singapore), Two Tribes (Australia) & all across the USA. Responsible for many genre defining tunes on some of the most respected breaks labels, General Midi is sure to rock the Firefly crowd. We know cos we've heard him and we're sure you'll agree::

THRASH JELLY
JON RUST

visuals by BAXTER

FIREFLY INFO: 07811 391010
INFO@ILOVEFIREFLY.CO.UK
WWW.ILOVEFIREFLY.CO.UK

TIME:: 10PM-6AM

TICKETS:: £13 + BOOKING FEE MOTD

from SELECTADISC (01159475420), UNU BOX OFFICE (01158468800), CAFE EL GORDOS, HAPPY RETURN or WWW.ANTIDOTE909.COM

Traxx
14-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Looks good till it gets to fergie.

eyeswithoutaface
15-02-2006, 01:23 AM
answer - Fergie and Rob Hood

question - Name the worst pairing EVER for a club night involving the legend that is Rob Hood

General Midi isnt too bad though

mattboyslim
15-02-2006, 06:15 PM
nottingham is a tough cookie to crack. people will come out for rob hood, but with fergie on the line up, firefly can guarentee a fair few people who think they 'know' techno but are realistically ex hardhouse kids. if they get turned on to sounds of tough minimal detroit techno then they have succeeded. quite simple really

TechMouse
16-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Ask Jeet about the time he told Fergie (in front of all his mates) that perhaps he ought to get some new mates.

TechMouse
16-02-2006, 11:26 AM
(Happy Days.... what a cock).

eyeswithoutaface
16-02-2006, 11:02 PM
dont get me wrong, hope you have a great night man, i just really dont think that "oh they'l get latched onto the sounds of minimal detroit" will work. The gulf in quality between Hood and Fergie is just too big for the average ex hardhouse kid in my opinion

record that damn hood set though

he's on at Voodoo next week too with the Youngsters and Scan x, should be belting

bill
16-02-2006, 11:10 PM
fergie is techno

nuff said

TechMouse
17-02-2006, 02:11 PM
fergie is techno

nuff said

Fortunately Techno is not Fergie.

mattboyslim
17-02-2006, 05:47 PM
dont get me wrong, hope you have a great night man, i just really dont think that "oh they'l get latched onto the sounds of minimal detroit" will work. The gulf in quality between Hood and Fergie is just too big for the average ex hardhouse kid in my opinion

record that damn hood set though

he's on at Voodoo next week too with the Youngsters and Scan x, should be beltingi must digress....

i was a hardhouse kid once. i saw hood. and i 'got it' straight away. so it can be done. if theyre coming to see fergie, then they're expecting techno of some sort, and rob is on quite late so i can expect it to be rather pounding. we shall have a ball regardless....and no doubt take the piss out of mr happy days!

oldbugger
17-02-2006, 06:57 PM
good luck..if you get even one hardhouse kid going away enjoying robert hood you have done a grand job.

have a good un

G-BO
22-02-2006, 12:36 AM
is max cooper still a part of the thrash jelly thing?

i know him from back in belfast

yas have had fergie a good few times to my knowledge, is this really neccessary, hes really really wick...its that type of dance music that ya hate ppl referring to as techno...a step up from hard house just about

G-BO
22-02-2006, 12:36 AM

yas have had fergie a good few times to my knowledge, is this really neccessary, hes really really wick...its that type of dance music that ya hate ppl referring to as techno...a step up from hard house just about

ampassasinbirmingham
22-02-2006, 04:42 AM
i should hopefully be making this. nice club stealth.

TechMouse
22-02-2006, 01:13 PM

I used to live with Max.

TechMouse
22-02-2006, 01:15 PM
i should hopefully be making this. nice club stealth.
Which would be great, except it's at the Garvey.

For the record, I hate Stealth. It's a soul-less hell hole, and a poorly designed one at that.

(Who took the decision to built the main room around the bar?)

They've had some good nights on there, but it's usually been in spite of the venue.

mattboyslim
22-02-2006, 03:41 PM

yas have had fergie a good few times to my knowledge, is this really neccessary, hes really really wick...its that type of dance music that ya hate ppl referring to as techno...a step up from hard house just aboutfirefly and fergie have a good relationship. he enjoys playing and always makes the room bounce about. don't see the big deal myself

TechMouse
22-02-2006, 04:11 PM
firefly and fergie have a good relationship. he enjoys playing and always makes the room bounce about. don't see the big deal myself
At the end of the day, Jeet, John, Gemma et al always point out that Firefly is not a Techno night; It's a party. Long gone are their days of a fierce-banging-music-all-night policy, great that they were.

They're simply interested in putting on a blinding night, with a good atmosphere, which people of all sorts will enjoy. Generally they pass with flying colours. They're not pitching to a chin stroker crowd - Fergie fits in perfectly with that.

mattboyslim
23-02-2006, 02:14 PM
firefly and fergie have a good relationship. he enjoys playing and always makes the room bounce about. don't see the big deal myself
At the end of the day, Jeet, John, Gemma et al always point out that Firefly is not a Techno night; It's a party. Long gone are their days of a fierce-banging-music-all-night policy, great that they were.

They're simply interested in putting on a blinding night, with a good atmosphere, which people of all sorts will enjoy. Generally they pass with flying colours. They're not pitching to a chin stroker crowd - Fergie fits in perfectly with that.and chin strokers can still have a good night, from what i've seen

G-BO
28-02-2006, 01:28 AM
just think theres more talent in techno, that would cost less

but they prob wont get ya plugs on radio1 and bring a few hundred certain chavs ;)

ampassasinbirmingham
28-02-2006, 03:29 AM
how was this. did hood bang it like at vodoo?

278d7e64a374de26f==