PDA

View Full Version : techno

dj vorny
19-08-2003, 05:26 PM
im wanting to get into techno but dont realy no nothing about it :?
i play hardtrance/hardstyle and am getting a bit bored :( so im interrested into exploring for a different sound any advice on what labels to look for or anything like that would be great :D :D :D
VORNY

anx
19-08-2003, 05:34 PM
i suggest goin through www.tuneinn.com or www.bangingtunes.com and listenin to the hard techno section, figuring out what lables/artists you like

wenna
19-08-2003, 06:26 PM
thats of course if you like hard techno and not funky or acid??

crime
19-08-2003, 08:25 PM
check out http://www.trackheads.co.uk

Jimfish
19-08-2003, 11:49 PM
didnt realise they had a site, sweeet!

DJAmok
20-08-2003, 06:45 AM
and if you´re lookin to get some quality hard techno in gemrany, check www.web-records.com :D site is in german, but it´s worth the hassle with the translator

MikeDust
20-08-2003, 07:16 AM
web-records.com is killing my moneybag :wink:

i order the most of my vinyls there. there's only one big problem @web-records. they list thousands of records in the database, and if you order older records, it can happen that ya have to wait 2-3 months till you get them :shock:

check http://www.decks-records.com too! they have also lots of hard tunes. u have to be fast there. first comes, first gets 8)

dj vorny
21-08-2003, 03:53 PM
so whats best purest techno :P or harest techno :lol: :shock: ha ha

crime
21-08-2003, 04:47 PM
The stuff you like the most maybe?

dj vorny
21-08-2003, 04:58 PM
whatabout gabba techno this is good :P :twisted: could u class this as purest techno :?: :shock:

Esox Lucius
21-08-2003, 05:21 PM
gabba is not techno, it's hardcore.

Carl
21-08-2003, 05:47 PM
This Vorny geezer as lost the plot :lol:

miles
21-08-2003, 05:57 PM
i play hardtrance/hardstyle and am getting a bit bored :( so im interrested into exploring for a different sound any advice on what labels to look for or anything like that would be great :D :D :D
VORNY

stick with what you know mate, which by the sounds of it isn't much ..if you have to ask what sounds good then give up :wink:

Carl
21-08-2003, 06:05 PM
I wanna get into techno ... dj meri was always wicked at the C.C. and I really enjoyed his sets. I think I need to listen to it more to appreciate it. :wink:

Esox Lucius
21-08-2003, 06:09 PM
VORNY

stick with what you know mate, which by the sounds of it isn't much ..if you have to ask what sounds good then give up :wink:

How is he supposed to learn about techno when people like won't even give him a bit of advice.

crime
21-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Go for a trip to London...
Get the tube to Kentish town...
turn left out of the tube station and walk down, past a set of traffic lights and just before a railway bridge you'll find trackheads/ access all areas on the other side of the road (Right hand side as you walk toward london)
go in there and ask the guys behind the counter to give you a selection of techno.. tell them you're not sure what you're into, and you want to check some stuff out and find out what you like.. they're quite friendly and won't mind this request... buy the stuff you like... that's the best stuff, the stuff YOU like....

dj vorny
21-08-2003, 07:15 PM
:shock: sorry guys i only know hardcore techno :P i know purist techno is a lot slower i play hardtrance and hardstyle but am getting sick and want to try somat new 8) i honestly havent got a clue about this purist techno stuff :? :oops:

crime
21-08-2003, 07:26 PM
By the way, I'm not being sarcastic, seriously, take a trip to london, check some tunes out....

dj vorny
21-08-2003, 07:34 PM
By the way, I'm not being sarcastic, seriously, take a trip to london, check some tunes out....
i live in doncaster mate london is a fare bit away but if im ever there :P :wink:

crime
21-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Ok, then, go to leeds, go to Inner city.. not sure where it is, check their site out: http://www.innercity.co.uk/

miles
21-08-2003, 08:53 PM
VORNY

How is he supposed to learn about techno when people like won't even give him a bit of advice.

sorry i haven't got time for imbeciles :wink:

crime
21-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Ok, the guy is into different music to you... I personally can't see the attraction of Hard trance or Hardstyle whatever that is, but does this make the guy an imbecile?
I'd rather help him find some different stuff, just blatently diss him..
Miles, I'm sorry, but your attitude sucks...

crime
21-08-2003, 09:24 PM
, just blatently diss him..

THAN just blatently diss him, I should say...

Esox Lucius
21-08-2003, 09:39 PM
Ok, the guy is into different music to you... I personally can't see the attraction of Hard trance or Hardstyle whatever that is, but does this make the guy an imbecile?

agreed.

dj vorny
21-08-2003, 09:50 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
whos an imbecile :evil: :evil: :evil: ur the imbecile i am simply trying to explore different sounds and this is what i get sorry for asking :cry: :P :lol: u muppet :P :shock:

crime
21-08-2003, 09:56 PM
That Avatar is sick, Vorny....

Esox Lucius
21-08-2003, 09:56 PM
vorny, I will pm you a list of producers & labels to look out for.

would you say it is hard techno you are looking to find out more about?

dj vorny
21-08-2003, 09:58 PM
:D yes mate im after the harder stuff

Carl
21-08-2003, 10:03 PM

Nothing wrong with hardtrance :D

Carl
21-08-2003, 10:03 PM
That Avatar is sick, Vorny....

:lol:

Esox Lucius
21-08-2003, 10:08 PM

sent you it mate, that list should get you started 8)

dj vorny
21-08-2003, 10:45 PM

CHEARS MATE :D IGNORE MILES THE STUPID TECHNO LOVING, CLOSE MINDED GIMP :shock: NAA ONLY KIDDING BUT NO NEED TO BE HARSH MAN :P I LOVE ALL MUSIC WHATS UP WITH THAT...................... WELL ,I'L TELL U NOTHING :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: SO THATS THAT :lol:

miles
22-08-2003, 06:05 PM

Sorry mate..just being a bitter old man!
Don't take it to heart..i agree the less people who listen to that shite
and start exploring new music the better.

miles
22-08-2003, 06:09 PM

CHEARS MATE :D IGNORE MILES THE STUPID TECHNO LOVING, CLOSE MINDED GIMP :shock: NAA ONLY KIDDING BUT NO NEED TO BE HARSH MAN :P I LOVE ALL MUSIC WHATS UP WITH THAT...................... WELL ,I'L TELL U NOTHING :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: SO THATS THAT :lol:

Sorry mate..just being a tosser...no offence intended :wink:
Just taking the piss..too much time on my hands i think!

Esox Lucius
22-08-2003, 07:11 PM
fair enough miles if you were only joking, just hard to tell on t'internet.

278d7e64a374de26f==