PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - caged in the dark - tough techno funk type stuf

dirty_bass
16-02-2006, 06:09 PM
This is a track I¬m owrking on for DB Records.
It`s proving to be a bitch to mix.

this is the first rough mix

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20Caged%20in%20the%20dark%20roughmix.mp3

rhythmtech
16-02-2006, 06:20 PM
haha... this had me well fooled till the kick came in. nice stuff so far. keeps us posted with new versions.

(by the way its quite pgv which is a very good thing)

xfive
16-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Ahh nicely done. Funky.... chunky.... mix is good so far. I haven't cranked it super loud tho ;)

BRADLEE
16-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Sounds really cool to me thus far. Can't wait to hear the final product Steve.

dirty_bass
17-02-2006, 01:47 AM
Sounds really cool to me thus far. Can't wait to hear the final product Steve.

Interesting avatar.
You on the level?

holotropik
17-02-2006, 05:31 AM
fwoarh!!
when that kick drops she's all over you :)

seems like the kick is drowning the more subtle nuances of bass lines and mid/high elements. Only just but enough to prevent a bit of the funk. The attack of the kick is also slappin (like a snare) a bit too much to get a proper rock off the snare proper...if that makes sense??

dirty_bass
17-02-2006, 09:06 AM
yeah, totally makes sense.
Thing is the bass is chock full of sub, so the kick has to sit higher so they don`t clash.
I`ll take a look at this today.
Cheers, as I said this ****er is proving to be a bitch.
I want the kick to be really prominent.
I also want the bass to be rawkus.
And I want the subtle chordal stuff in the mids to be nice and lush
and.....

I want too much.
Must prioritise.
haha

dirty_bass
17-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Sweet this is sorted now, nothing like getting up in work ours for clarity.

rhythmtech
17-02-2006, 09:42 AM
this is sounding goos steve. good to hear you're planning more db releases. are they gonna be made available on mp3?

rhythmtech
17-02-2006, 09:42 AM
goos????

good!

BloodStar
18-02-2006, 10:23 AM
heya,
you d man, again. love the huge vibe and lot of funk in this one. bottom sounds massive with some nice kick sitting on the top. the synthline which stats about2mins sound sweet..same with little vocal snips. these work nicely with all the little edits.. that screaming synth is also nice,,,maybe too loud for me, but its up to my tastes.. production part of thing is veeery good.. cant comment on it too much.. just maybe kick has too much of himid punch at some parts,but just my feels... looking forward to the updated version.. i hope you'll post it :) cheers,,mate

Elvio Neto
18-02-2006, 12:29 PM
exelente track !

you are fantastic in reverse stuff how do you make that?

nova
18-02-2006, 12:50 PM
yeah nice track man, tis got a wikked vide! catch'e vocal!. fat production

dirty_bass
18-02-2006, 03:17 PM
This has been finished now.
Kick is less fuzzy on the slap, much tighter, with a touch more bass.
Synths are a bit more equalised and there are more little tricks and edits on different parts.
Bass seems to have a bit more room now.

Finished version will be on DB007.
No proggy tunes this time, just a 4 track ep of tough club tunes.

Mindful
18-02-2006, 03:59 PM
This is good mate vibes are nice and subtle, great feeling to it.
I honestly liked the kick and bass relationship but you say youve changed it now so....

Love the little vocal things and the synth is very nice.

dan the acid man
18-02-2006, 04:09 PM
good tune, good quality clubby dancefloor stuff

BloodStar
19-02-2006, 06:34 PM
[quote="dirty_bass"]This has been finished now.
Finished version will be on DB007.quote]

really looking forward to it, mate.. need to know what changes you did to this rockin piece of funk...
good good...

dirty_bass
19-02-2006, 11:40 PM
[quote=dirty_bass]This has been finished now.

really looking forward to it, mate.. need to know what changes you did to this rockin piece of funk...
good good...

Your on the promo mail out list matey.
Expect a copy of singularity next week as well.

Jay Pace
21-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Hmmm

Sonically superior, liked the beats, loved the bass but stopped liking it after 1.53. The first synth was atmospheric and quite quirky, but I really didn't like the strange discordant synth that then came in on top of it. Couldn't see what it added, just jarred for me. As did the grungy overdriven synth that came in at 3.21.

Nice edits, good vocal snippits too but would have like the track much more without the weird discordant synth and grunge. Didn't think it was needed.

Jus' my 2 cents though boss...

BloodStar
21-02-2006, 11:59 AM
[quote=dirty_bass]This has been finished now.

good good...

Your on the promo mail out list matey.
Expect a copy of singularity next week as well.

muchos gracias,...

dirty_bass
22-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Hmmm

Sonically superior, liked the beats, loved the bass but stopped liking it after 1.53. The first synth was atmospheric and quite quirky, but I really didn't like the strange discordant synth that then came in on top of it. Couldn't see what it added, just jarred for me. As did the grungy overdriven synth that came in at 3.21.

Nice edits, good vocal snippits too but would have like the track much more without the weird discordant synth and grunge. Didn't think it was needed.

Jus' my 2 cents though boss...

It`s all chnaged anyway. the final version is a little more detroitey kinda.

Jay Pace
22-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Cool. Liked the initial detroity synth, would have been happy with just that.

Got a final version up to listen to?

Xavi
25-02-2006, 03:32 PM
OMG .. lovin this tune DB .. real nice production . lovin the low end .. and the main synth is realy driving ... real nice groove !! club killer IMO ... lookin forward to it !!!

dirty_bass
25-02-2006, 08:35 PM
OMG .. lovin this tune DB .. real nice production . lovin the low end .. and the main synth is realy driving ... real nice groove !! club killer IMO ... lookin forward to it !!!

cheers mango!!!

Unfortunately this track has totally changed, haha.
Check the final version preview here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=46915
where you can hear the rest of DB007
Out soon.

278d7e64a374de26f==