PDA

View Full Version : Hard Techno

MARKEG
17-02-2006, 01:24 AM
OK who are the labels/main ppl out there doing HARD TECHNO. NOT SCHRANZ.

We need a list!

I say ARMS and AUDIO ASSAULT are pretty on it at the mo :)

I could actually go on all night. But I'll let you do that!!

:lol:

G-BO
17-02-2006, 01:39 AM
what is this schranz?

heard it being mentioned...fill me in mark

The Overfiend
17-02-2006, 01:58 AM
Punish
Heroes
Blackout Audio
Hydraulix
Magnetic
Punish Blue
Template
Internal Error
Syndikaat
Flux
Audio Emotion
Supertech
50 hz
Patterns
Gameface
Emetic
Pathfinder Recordings
LK Rec
Potential
Mastertraxx
Betamax

orac
17-02-2006, 08:32 AM
also:

adverse
beast
blueline music
bound
central sound
compound
composure
compressed
construct rhythm
drumworks
enable
fine audio rec
form
fresh grind
global trax
goathead
goodfellas
hardsignal
highland beats
holzplatten
illgorhythm
mafia
mankind
northwest dynamic
planet rhythm
rip off
submissions
su.real
temper
titanium
unknown forces
wicca

+ there are more industrial/hard techno

audio assault & arms are the best example to describe what hard techno truly is

BloodStar
17-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Submissions, and i also think what happened with Form recordings; is it down, now; or?

FuK-NuT
17-02-2006, 10:30 AM
men in motion
third movement (not all techno)
industrial Movement
Industrial strength (sometimes)
protocast
turning point
enemy
audiodacity
monox
uti
cynic
black monolith
genosha (more industrial)

to name but a few

Patrick DSP
17-02-2006, 03:15 PM
:clap: great lists guys!!!!

Dustin Zahn
17-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Right so I'm taking this discussion over from the 30th minimal thread this week. I said there wasn't too much for good, solid hard techno coming out these days. For me and my tastes, this is still the case. Looking up at those lists, there are some great labels on there...some are legendary. Unfortunately, a lot of those great labels are finished, or haven't put a release out in a year or two. Another good portion of the lists are labels that have popped up in the past couple years that have done some impressive stuff, but lack the proper beats to achieve that legendary status as some of the labels of yesteryear.

While I'm not completely disillusioned (sp?) with hard techno, I just can't find enough worth buying these days. When I was younger and into the record-buying binge I'd buy like 10 hard techno records a week. Right now I'm broke and I guess its kind of fortunate (for my wallet) that I am lucky to find 10 good records every couple months. Now, when I think of good, hard quality techno I imagine names like Heiko Laux, Steve Rachmad, Petar Dundov, Surgeon, Holy Ghost, Jeff Mills, Beyer in a pissed off mood, Patrik Skoog in top form, etc. For me, not enough of this stuff is coming out as much anymore. Yeah, there's a lot of primate-ish, oliver giacomotto type shit coming out lately and from time to time there is a good one but if I'm going for the hard party techno I'd rather just stick to all the bad ass records I bought from 99-2003. I will say that one of my favorite sources for hard techno right now happens to be audio assault and I'm not trying to be biased here. They tend to hit all corners of the harder side of the spectrum.

Now with the congo bongo techno like Ben Sims, Paul Mac, yadda yadda yadda, I'm also have troubles finding stuff as well. It seems the only techno of this style that really catches me lately is coming from that UK stable, or Joris Voorn, etc. A lot of the rest of it coming out, for me anyway, kinda seems faked or the producer tried too hard. For the Ingoma crew you can tell its in their blood. Plus they do a great job of slowing the bpm's down a bit to get that swing and funk going, but you would think its a tad faster without getting a proper bpm count.

jon connor
17-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Punish
Heroes
Blackout Audio
Hydraulix
Magnetic
Punish Blue
Template
Internal Error
Syndikaat
Flux
Audio Emotion
Supertech
50 hz
Patterns
Gameface
Emetic
Pathfinder Recordings
LK Rec
Potential
Mastertraxx
Betamax

ive started wanking over this list phewwwwwwww stop :eyes:

jon connor
17-02-2006, 04:34 PM
also:

adverse
beast
blueline music
bound
central sound
compound
composure
compressed
construct rhythm
drumworks
enable
fine audio rec
form
fresh grind
global trax
goathead
goodfellas
hardsignal
highland beats
holzplatten
illgorhythm
mafia
mankind
northwest dynamic
planet rhythm
rip off
submissions
su.real
temper
titanium
unknown forces
wicca

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just cum :hammered: hehehehehehe i was gunna strt a list but you lot just about covered it ;) lets face it this real hard techno full on rig smashing fine quality audio :rambo:

dirty_bass
17-02-2006, 04:38 PM
also:

adverse
beast
blueline music
bound
central sound
compound
composure
compressed
construct rhythm
drumworks
enable
fine audio rec
form
fresh grind
global trax
goathead
goodfellas
hardsignal
highland beats
holzplatten
illgorhythm
mafia
mankind
northwest dynamic
planet rhythm
rip off
submissions
su.real
temper
titanium
unknown forces
wicca

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just cum :hammered: hehehehehehe i was gunna strt a list but you lot just about covered it ;) lets face it this real hard techno full on rig smashing fine quality audio :rambo:

John you are great.
you are completely out of your bucket mate!!
:cheese:

jon connor
17-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Submissions, and i also think what happened with Form recordings; is it down, now; or?

yes dude form went down with prime dude there was supposed to a new label from thomas pogadl and andreas called pk audio which was gunna be the new form to carry on but there is something going on with andreas and thomas at the moment apparently andreas is not producing all sorts of pollotics but its a dam shame i really miss andreas kramer he is a legend and a pioneer of this sound full on gutted he hasent started producing again :( there is a few copys of deth sound competition flying about somewhere i think only no1 came out its the last thing andrea produced wot a fukin record dude ;)

more info here man http://www.pkaudio.com/

i think i might start a campain heheheheheheheh bring back andreas please please please :rambo: i think we should all bombared the message board hahahahahahahah :cheese: wot a fukin bloke man :)

Dustin Zahn
17-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Doesn't he still run that expanded label? Or is that somebody else? The ESP relesae that came out on there recently was really good rave stuff.

orac
17-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Expanded is Andreas Kremer label if we are talking about the same label.

MITA
17-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Heroes,Abiotic,Blacoutaudio,Unknown forces,Planet Rhythm,Overdrive,Punish,Hardsignal,Betamax,Mastert raxx,Audio Assault,Fine audio,Tresor,Submissions,junkfood,Mafia,Invasion,T oneman,Fak,Purples,Enable,
Evil Deception,Humanoid,DrumWorks,Wicca,Giant & Dwarf,Patterns,Primal Confusion,
Definition recs,Super Tech,Fresh Grind,Killaz,Global Traxx,Fod,Planet Visions,Simple Answer,Kick the drum,Highland beats.......list goes on

Mindful
17-02-2006, 09:30 PM
DrumWorks is pretty cool, has some deeper sounds on there.

Ive allways liked Compound(mainly cause of the Headroom stuff on there)

Audio assault and Arms are realy the Daddys of hard techno for me over the past year or so,
as Dustin said they are covering the range of the hard sound....plus they have nice covers.

Patterns I like as again it has covers a range of the harder sound.

Betamax has been realy good, Quite fresh as has Mastertraxx and hardsignal.

Form were deadly.

Scott Kemix
18-02-2006, 12:22 PM
*glitch ;) probably the only label that does good hard techno when he feels like. Apart from that, its mostly the europeans whom rule the tree...............hard techno/schranz/schranz hard techno etc

Mindful
18-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Forgot to mention Fresh Grind

Aratron
18-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Cluster
Working VInyl

The Overfiend
18-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Who is the contact for Audio Assault?

koma
18-02-2006, 05:25 PM

try the owner Bas mooy, he's here on BOA ;)

Dorian Hunter
19-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Audio Assault, Submisson, Glitch, Patterns, Mastertraxx, all labels from Dean/Glen/Lawrie, all Still-labels from Michael Burkat and Lars Klein, Beast-music, sometimes stuff from Boris S., Robert Natus or Tomash Gee, Cluster/Max.Min./4X4, BOA, Hydraulix, Sneo-stuff, all stuff from the drizzly-labels (Composure/Jerk/CR/Form), Fine Audio/TST, Northbeatz-audio, Apwood, Enable and some more
And not to forget this one :cheese:
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=46669

Dorian Hunter
19-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Jerk/Construct Rythm/Form are inactive at the moment, main-Techno-label of drizzly is Composure right now

marginmaster
19-02-2006, 04:16 PM
jackstar records need a mention too, not that many but consitently great eps :eyes:

The Overfiend
19-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Audio Assault, Submisson, Glitch, Patterns, Mastertraxx, all labels from Dean/Glen/Lawrie, all Still-labels from Michael Burkat and Lars Klein, Beast-music, sometimes stuff from Boris S., Robert Natus or Tomash Gee, Cluster/Max.Min./4X4, BOA, Hydraulix, Sneo-stuff, all stuff from the drizzly-labels (Composure/Jerk/CR/Form), Fine Audio/TST, Northbeatz-audio, Apwood, Enable and some more
And not to forget this one :cheese:
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=46669

Not schranz.
I see some snuck in there.

massplanck
19-02-2006, 10:06 PM
old compound/pr/mankind/zenit/conform stuff.

the rest can die.

mikehumphries
19-02-2006, 10:32 PM

you can try this too mate

bas@syndikaat.com

20-02-2006, 04:23 AM
HARD TECHNO. NOT SCHRANZ.

Really, whats the difference? I don't know.

Dustin Zahn
20-02-2006, 05:27 AM

the rest can die.

I would kill for that time period to come back. As for Zenit, I think we should forge a petition to Corrado Izzo to just shut Zenit down. After Carola left A&R the label turned awful (though it was slowly on its way before that).

killarava2day
20-02-2006, 07:51 AM

the rest can die.

I would kill for that time period to come back. As for Zenit, I think we should forge a petition to Corrado Izzo to just shut Zenit down. After Carola left A&R the label turned awful (though it was slowly on its way before that).

Oh yeah, I remember playing all the Zenit and Conform stuff for days on end when they were first released!

I suppose those were the days when all you thought about on a Friday(well for me) was the phone call from the record store announcing that this weeks shipment had arrived...just not the same deal with internet shopping...tonnes of releases each and every week.

jon connor
20-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Expanded is Andreas Kremer label if we are talking about the same label.

yea its very easy to get these guys mixed up its kremer and kramer hahahah . but no andreas is offline at the mo i hope he comes back soon because his production is awsome. anyway keeping on topic my fav hard techno label at the moment is central sound again kay d smith taking things 1 step thurther even experimenting with no kick just full on base lines hehehehe lovely to massh up with in the mix but all the others i love have been mentioned even this 1 so i dunno wot say hahahahahahaha the quality is there to see hehehehehehehe :lol: i think good quality hard techno is them tunes that jump out of the decks to your face you no instantly the quality of production for a start the track comes across as beeing very loud and clear and the prucussion is crisp and clear giving the old faithfull quality jacking sound lovely ill buy that for a dollar ;) :cheese:

jon connor
20-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Jerk/Construct Rythm/Form are inactive at the moment, main-Techno-label of drizzly is Composure right now

yep notice how crap it is now without the usuall stars ;)

jon connor
20-02-2006, 12:10 PM

you can try this too mate

bas@syndikaat.com

ohhhhhhhhhhhh its only the man himself get this guy a cigar :toast: mike your the bloody reason the police came round my gaff last week apperently the orniments next door were bouncing off the walls heheheheheheheheheheh :lol: ah fukem ;)

jon connor
20-02-2006, 12:12 PM

get a gripp lad jesus :shock: hows about skinny runt versus big fat munching twat hehehehehehehehe :lol:

Dustin Zahn
20-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Oh yeah, how convienent that it was pay day at the same time! Those who were unable to get to the shop during their lunch break had to fight over records once they got off of work. The local shop around here would do $1,500 in sales a day. Now you almost have to pay people to come in and buy records, and the shop will do like $200 a day when the big order comes in.

Sunil
20-02-2006, 06:11 PM
As for Zenit, I think we should forge a petition to Corrado Izzo to just shut Zenit down

Yeah, for sure. The last good thing I remember was that Stanny Frannsen LP "Playing With The Blox".

G-BO
21-02-2006, 12:33 AM
when does techno become described as hard techno?

woulda though kennedy, surgeon, ho, regis etc etc make some real bangers, never seemed to be mentioned in the same way as alot of the above mentioned ala kramer, compound, wilson etc etc

i know their stuff is deeper and may have a few diff clicks and turnabouts mid tracks, but would this kinda stuff not be where the harder side of techno has turned to?

The Overfiend
21-02-2006, 01:03 AM
He is very correct.
Oliver Ho used to f*cking come with it!

dirty_bass
21-02-2006, 01:12 AM
I dunno. the majority of peoples interpretation of hard, seems to be, big, obvious, pounding kicks, or crunchy distortion.

Dustin Zahn
21-02-2006, 03:49 AM
He is very correct.
Oliver Ho used to f*cking come with it!

He still does. ;) You should have seen him in Detroit.

21-02-2006, 04:13 AM

get a gripp lad jesus :shock: hows about skinny runt versus big fat munching twat hehehehehehehehe :lol:

Huh...........?

I asked "What is the difference between Hard Techno and Schranz"

Its seems to be a hard question to answer because I've asked on other message boards before and no one really knows.

Dorian Hunter
21-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Hehe, still the same old question. Most people here (Austria/Germany) call all this Artillery-Inflicted-Carnage-andsoon-stuff Hard Techno, and most labels mentioned here (like Audio Assault/Submission and so on) "Hardgroove", cos they don`t like the word Schranz anymore. Mario Ranieri called his new release "**** Schranz, call it Hard Techno" (Subsounds).
I just don`t think too much bout new names for the music, for me it`s all just Techno, sometimes harder, sometimes more melodic & deeper, the only important thing is if it`s good or not.

The Overfiend
21-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Pounding Grooves 11 (Good Hard Techno)
Frank Kvitta and the lot (Schranz)

Do your homework and see the difference.

dirty_bass
21-02-2006, 02:24 PM
I call it all nipple clamps, it saves confusion, and provides the correct amount of pleasure/pain.

jon connor
21-02-2006, 03:16 PM
when does techno become described as hard techno?

woulda though kennedy, surgeon, ho, regis etc etc make some real bangers, never seemed to be mentioned in the same way as alot of the above mentioned ala kramer, compound, wilson etc etc

i know their stuff is deeper and may have a few diff clicks and turnabouts mid tracks, but would this kinda stuff not be where the harder side of techno has turned to?

yea quality dude loved regis banging stuff dude ive a double ep from him somewhere thats got no info on it just black inlay but on the promo slip it had regis double cant remember the label but its top quality banging stuff and also isint regis and surgeon " british murder boys now ? i might be mistaken im not sure but hey dude i agree these guys have done some bangers ;)

audioinjection
21-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Men In Motion
Central Sound
Kazumi
Coda
Content
Audio Assault
Compressed (the older stuff)
Planet Rhythm
Cannibal Cooking Club
Pure Plastic

some names i can think of off the top of my head

earle
22-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Hydraulix are the business

Scott Kemix
22-02-2006, 08:17 PM

dont think hydraulix is on the harder end of the techno spectrum.........is it?

fatcollective
22-02-2006, 11:19 PM

nah i wouldnt class hydraulix as hard techno either.....its tough n funky but not ard.

Scott Kemix
22-02-2006, 11:35 PM
ye man

Jay Pace
22-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Pro-Jex

Kne' Deep

My two favourites.

eyeswithoutaface
23-02-2006, 11:02 AM
bang on there, Projex is still banging i love that label

on the jacking side of things got Ze Migl's new one last week, Daddy's Got Hit's 2, on Minimilistix, absolute quality

rhythmtech
23-02-2006, 11:18 AM

not really but 31 is quite tough. it couls slip into the hard techno category.

jax
23-02-2006, 01:32 PM
DJAX UP BEATS or summat thats good.

Winds
23-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Hehe, still the same old question. Most people here (Austria/Germany) call all this Artillery-Inflicted-Carnage-andsoon-stuff Hard Techno, and most labels mentioned here (like Audio Assault/Submission and so on) "Hardgroove", cos they don`t like the word Schranz anymore. Mario Ranieri called his new release "**** Schranz, call it Hard Techno" (Subsounds).
I just don`t think too much bout new names for the music, for me it`s all just Techno, sometimes harder, sometimes more melodic & deeper, the only important thing is if it`s good or not.

Good post!

gunjack
23-02-2006, 06:32 PM
deafmosaic, gunjack collectors series, audio assault, infecta records....

rotten
23-02-2006, 07:05 PM
;)

gunjack
23-02-2006, 08:37 PM
teehee

Dirtyacid
03-03-2006, 03:31 PM
@ the moment all the welsh stuff is doing it for me - Kick the drum is a solid fresh thinking label & the other,s under the fat collective banner are top im also into betamax & drumworks their fair good to.

jon connor
06-03-2006, 03:25 PM
also supertech uk is a welsh label dude ;) :cheese:

sacredcow
08-03-2006, 08:13 PM
What's wrong with schranz if it's good schranz? I mean you can call schranz is hard techno, right? Not to say they're exactly the same, but there's no fine line between em, eh? Seems like a lot of people just want to get away from the whole image and title of "schranz".

djshiva
09-03-2006, 06:21 AM
Oh yeah, how convienent that it was pay day at the same time! Those who were unable to get to the shop during their lunch break had to fight over records once they got off of work. The local shop around here would do $1,500 in sales a day. Now you almost have to pay people to come in and buy records, and the shop will do like $200 a day when the big order comes in.

i remember my favorite time was when i got to the shop on fridays when the record buyer (who was a house dj with good taste) was going through and putting the price stickers on records, and taking his first picks. since he was a house guy, i would get first pick of the techno before they even had the price stickers on em. ooooh... the good ole days...

[F/17]
12-03-2006, 09:47 AM
What's wrong with schranz if it's good schranz?

not much good schranz today. people just tired of what used to be called schranz and you can hardly find anything new in its sound now.

Scott Kemix
12-03-2006, 06:59 PM
What's wrong with schranz if it's good schranz? I mean you can call schranz is hard techno, right? Not to say they're exactly the same, but there's no fine line between em, eh? Seems like a lot of people just want to get away from the whole image and title of "schranz".

couldnt agree more :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==