PDA

View Full Version : Techno is changing?

alberto
23-11-2002, 01:12 AM
Reading the new breed of techno thread it was mentioned by deafmosaic that techno is changing... i feel the same way and was wondering how all you felt about it. Don't know where exactly but it's normal for techno to change. Been feeling lately that people have been on auto pilot producers and dj's alike and that something is about to bust out of the ranks. Techno sure isn't "Progressive" music thank god!!!

I say more synths and melodies... just my preference...

25-11-2002, 09:30 PM
Mmm.... synths and melodies? I really can't see it. Add synths and melodies to techno and it automatically turns into electropop. I suppose it depends on what sytle of synth you use...

As for techno changing... well yes, it's always changing. But like always, it's up to the producers to push their sound to be better produced and totally unique. Then the new styles are made that everyone copies and again, we move on.

miromiric.
26-11-2002, 04:28 AM
>>>>Add synths and melodies to techno and it automatically turns into electropop<<<<<

not necesarily i think. look at aril brikha or 65d mavericks, ruskin, etc.

>>>>But like always, it's up to the producers to push their sound to be better produced and totally unique. Then the new styles are made that everyone copies and again, we move on.<<<<<<<

yup, i absolutly agree on this one. techno is changing on daily basis by few real T-heads and then followed by others. over and over and over again !

DJZeMig_L
26-11-2002, 04:50 AM
It's funny that u bring that up... The bloody distr. are rigging the game... it is getting increasingly difficult 2 vent any new or different techno... 4 most distributor u either do a copycat techno or u get diced!

Fuc*** he** we should b open minded 'cause that's what techno started and still strives from!!

Z

26-11-2002, 05:09 AM
F*******ck the distributors... they only want what sells...

there are not many true underground distributors out there...

i agree... ruskin etc use gr8 melodies... but they are always strings... not synths.... use synths and it becomes retro??? i dunno... someone name me a techno producer that uses SYNTH melodies....

miromiric.
26-11-2002, 05:40 AM
shufflemaster, but those synth tracks of his are really pop lol.

z0ki
27-11-2002, 02:38 AM
how about heil or kowalski.....

-z

alberto
27-11-2002, 02:38 AM
that was my main gripe about the copycat techno... can't stand hearing people do the same thing as others... but guess that's to be expected... and regarding synths i say more cause i like them... and hopefully one day we can live in a labelless world... why does everything have to be referred to something like tribal or techy or housey... i understand the need for it but it's annoying to me.... oh well

and what i like these days are producers like johannes heil and diego hostettler but i guess you could say that some of its not techno...

and think of synths as intruments that can produce chords and melodies much like a piano or an orchestra... then look at how many different styles of music you can create with a piano... just stating the obvious i know

alberto
27-11-2002, 02:39 AM
that was my main gripe about the copycat techno... can't stand hearing people do the same thing as others... but guess that's to be expected... and regarding synths i say more cause i like them... and hopefully one day we can live in a labelless world... why does everything have to be referred to something like tribal or techy or housey... i understand the need for it but it's annoying to me.... oh well

and what i like these days are producers like johannes heil and diego hostettler but i guess you could say that some of its not techno...

and think of synths as intruments that can produce chords and melodies much like a piano or an orchestra... then look at how many different styles of music you can create with a piano... just stating the obvious i know

alberto
27-11-2002, 02:42 AM
oh yea forgot kowalski... and sorry for the double post..

278d7e64a374de26f==