PDA

View Full Version : Numark or Behringer?

icb
19-08-2003, 10:17 PM
hi, I `m new to Dj scene, so I have a couple of questions, if you can help. I`m buying a mixer, I need to know is it better to buy new mixer, or used one with more functions for the same money? Second question: I`m on a budget, so I`m looking for some cheap mixer, I have these two in mind, so what do you reckon, which one is better: Numark dm1002x or Behringer vmx 200. I would appreciate a quick answer, thank.
P.S. Oh, and don`t say neither of `em is good, actually I know it already :)

Adverse
19-08-2003, 10:35 PM
i wouldn't buy either :( both have a reputation for being bad. iguess the lesser of two evils is behringer.

Jimfish
19-08-2003, 11:59 PM
ive got a behringer vmx300 and i wouldnt piss on it if it was on fire..

i'd say the numark

wenna
20-08-2003, 12:22 AM
i'm not too keen on either aswell! :cry: i would probably go with numark aswell!

EmotionComplex
20-08-2003, 03:44 AM
go for numark but be extremely gentle with the crossfader, seen a couple of friends crossfaders snuff it in under a month

DJ RE:HAB
20-08-2003, 09:36 AM
I have both them mixers, i s'pose i was in the same situation as yourself, not much to spend etc etc, the Numark was seriously knackered after about 6months, the crossfader was shite, and so are the kills... I had to get a new one but on a budget

I only had a small amount to buy a new one, as i was desperate to get hold of one before i ended up with no mixer at all, and i trawled through DJ magazone from about a year and half or so, and the behringer VMX300 was in there, it had a pretty decent write up in a column, the section just said that its outstandingly good, basically for what you pay it it gives a good quality... And to be honest, i aint got any faults with it so far, it has'nt let me down.. The Faders are good, but then again that is in comparison to the Numark..

So i would say Behringer :D Numark :x

DJ Corbzy
21-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Numark are far better quality mixers...FAR BETTER... :wink:

21-08-2003, 12:38 PM
ahh but as i said corbz, i have both of those mixers and to be honest as i said, that certain mixer is shite, the faders are a pile of beetle dung mate.. It just cant hold its ground...

I'd still say the behringer, even though numark do have a better name for themselves, the DMX1002 is'nt up to the standard!! :D

icb
22-08-2003, 05:11 PM
ok, thank for the tips, I haven`t decided yet, I guess vmx 300 if I find it for good price, I know Numark is usually better, but that model looks awful to me, And maybe something else comes out. Anyway thanks

23-08-2003, 08:26 PM
ICB:
Stick with Beringher mate for definate!! :D
For the money you pay it is a very solid mixer, the faders are good. As an extra add in, You can alternate with VMX300, between a soft and a sharp mix, the mixer itself is very good!! :)

I've given it a good batterin :twisted: and it's stuck its ground!!

There's better out there obvioulsly, but for what your going to pay, its well worth it chief!! :wink:

ENJOY!!
:D

278d7e64a374de26f==