AcidTrash
19-02-2006, 05:11 AM
How is it done?

Ritzi Lee
19-02-2006, 07:23 AM
On a 16 track recording device.

MARKEG
19-02-2006, 08:02 AM
dunno what you're saying man.. to me sound spereatiion is eq??????????????????

loopdon
19-02-2006, 10:03 AM
eq and giving stuff it's own space to live in, via reverb+panning and so on...

acidsaturation
19-02-2006, 05:19 PM
The way I understand it (if I get what yr wanting Pete) is what's been said above. I imagine dimensions

- you can move left/right with panning - simple...

- freqencies - give each sound it's own range - with EQ and pitch - when you get a sound that sounds wicked by itself, it may well swamp the mix if it's left like that, so chop bits out - in different frequencies in each sound. The hardest bit it when you've got that killer sound and it just won't fit. Using lots of guitars, as I do, I find that loads. So you have to be brutal and either change it or find what else it clashes with and take that out instead. Sometimes a bit of volume tweaking too - so if you want it to stand on it's own in one section bring it up a bit and drop it back when there's more going on. You can do this with eq to but you have to be very very very careful not to unbalance the overall track if you change the eq of a sound to fill it out when it's playing solo.

- You can shift forwards and backwards - if a sound is quieter and has a bit of reverb on it it gives the illusion of it being further away. But of course you can piss about with this - sometimes have soemthing dry and quiet or louder and wet.

Sometimes submixing helps. Get sounds that go together, bounce them, compress them and treat that as a new sound and eq the lot, 'cos you then kind of has less sounds to find a distenct place for.

Mindful
19-02-2006, 07:51 PM
The man above said it all

278d7e64a374de26f==